Sunday, May 12, 2013

Why Become As Children?

"Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven."

Why would Jesus tell us this? What does this mean? How can one become as little Children? Why is it necessary? The answer is simple to explain, but may be hard for some to understand or accept.

How many of you are Parents? If you are, then you will understand this essential Biblical Truth, better than those who aren't. I have two Boys. Joshua who is 7, and Elijah who is two. They are your typical kids. They love to play, imagine, pretend, and learn things that are in the world they live. However, I, to them, are as God wants to be to you. This is what it means. There is nothing higher than I. There is nothing better than I. I am. I am their Father. I am their love. I am their teacher. I am their comforter. I am the final authority. Whatever I say, simply IS.

You see, they know I am Dad. They know that if I say no, it's no. If I say yes, no matter what anyone else says, thinks, or does, it IS yes. If I say we are going somewhere and are going to do something, they wait for it with great expectation. They know that what I said, WILL come to pass. No fear, doubt, or anything else. Daddy said, we are going, we are going.

I have been this way my whole life. I helped raise my Niece from a little girl. She is now an adult. To this very day, if you were to ask her, If Peter says something, is it true? She will answer, unequivocally , yes. Her whole life, she came to realize that if I say yes, no matter what it was, where we were going, no matter how I felt, what the "bank account" looked like, no matter if there was hail of fire and brimstone, we went. If I told her she could do something, she did it. If I tell my boys now, they have no doubt about it.

This is how God wants you to see Him. In.....

Matthew 18:
1 At the same time came the disciples unto Jesus, saying, Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?

2 And Jesus called a little child unto him, and set him in the midst of them,

3 And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.

4 Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

5 And whoso shall receive one such little child in my name receiveth me.

6 But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.
In....

Matthew 19:
13 Then were there brought unto him little children, that he should put his hands on them, and pray: and the disciples rebuked them.

14 But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.

15 And he laid his hands on them, and departed thence.
Remember, we receive the Spirit of Adoption, whereby we can cry Abba Father, and by that Spirit, we are the children of God {Romans 8:15-16} God becomes our Daddy. Which means that we need to see Him as such. See Him as our Father. True, Loving, comforting, all knowing, and the final authority in all things. We must not have fear. We must not have doubt. Our Daddy has got this. He is in charge. He is bigger than anything you may ever face. He simply IS.

John 12:
35 Then Jesus said unto them, Yet a little while is the light with you. Walk while ye have the light, lest darkness come upon you: for he that walketh in darkness knoweth not whither he goeth.

36 While ye have light, believe in the light, that ye may be the children of light. These things spake Jesus, and departed, and did hide himself from them.

37 But though he had done so many miracles before them, yet they believed not on him:
You see, your Children believe what you are telling them, without doubt or fear. Then we grow up. We enter into the real world and we see that people lie. We see things do not work out the way we wished they did. We see things happen, like bad things to good people. We start to wonder why. We fear. We doubt. We allow Sin to come in and corrupt. We do the things of our own Free Will, now have no longer any restraints of being under our Father's Roof. Or being at home with Mom. We are "free" to make whatever choice we chose to make, and live however we chose to live. The longer we live in the Flesh, the more we are likely to produce the works of the flesh. Remember what they are?

Galatians 5: 
19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,

20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,

21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
Some of these you will do. Some have even become accepted as the norm. No big deal. Sin is still Sin, and God is still God. The fruit of the Spirit are?
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
Which seems to you to be Childlike? Which seems to you to be Adult like? God wants you to become as children. To accept whatever God says as absolute. He does not want you to be working in your own lusts or limited by your own mind. He is you Daddy. He wants you to believe whatsoever He tells you. Think about this in another way for a second.

God tells you to build a giant boat, on a Sunny day. God tells you to go to the most powerful man on earth, the one that has the power of life and death in his hands, and tell him that he must let all his labour force leave. He must let all his slaves walk out. God tells you to stick out a staff into the Sea and the Waters will part and you will cross on dry land. God tells you to go ahead, walk on water. God tells you to walk around a city a few times and the walls will fall. God tells you that even though your child just died, you should not mourn or weep, they are not dead, but sleeping. Are you following me? Are you getting it?

We allow our human, worldly corrupted minds, dictate what we feel we can and can't do. We allow our worldly corrupted minds to determine what is and is not possible. I tell my boys, go unto the roof, spread your arms out, and I will say a magic word, and they will fly like the birds? They will do it, expecting to fly. Without fear, doubt, or anything else. Why? Daddy said so. God want's you to become as a child and accept whatever He tells you. He does not want you to form a committee. He does not want you to weigh the pros and cons. He does not want you to doubt or fear. He wants to say to you GO, and you go. DO, and you do.

Children are pure and unadulterated innocence. This is why I feel there is really no depiction of them being Baptized in the Bible. Only two places I have found that depicts entire Households being Baptized. Acts 16: 15, and 1 Corinthians 1:16. I, Peter, truly believe that this is because Children, until the age of accountability, have no need of Baptism, or Salvation itself. That until they reach an age, which differs from Child to Child, to understand and accept or not, the Truth, is covered by their pure innocents and even ignorance of Sin.

Remember, Adam and Eve were as Children. They knew nothing of Sin. They just were. They loved and wanted to be loved. They followed whatever God told them to. He WAS their Father. To them there was no other. It was not until they committed the same Sin as that of the Devil himself, that they fell under the laws of Sin and Death. Children are as Adam and Eve were before the fall. Therefore they have the innocence that we were created with. In

Psalm 139:
13 For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb.

14 I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.

15 My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.

16 Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them.
And in,,,,,

Jeremiah 1:
4 Then the word of the Lord came unto me, saying,

5 Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.
Jesus quoted,,,,

Psalm 8:
2 Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings hast thou ordained strength because of thine enemies, that thou mightest still the enemy and the avenger.
When He was responding to the Priest's objection to the people crying out "Hosanna to the son of David" said,,,,

Matthew 21:
16 And said unto him, Hearest thou what these say? And Jesus saith unto them, Yea; have ye never read, Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings thou hast perfected praise?
Peter said this,,,

1 Peter 2:
1 Wherefore laying aside all malice, and all guile, and hypocrisies, and envies, and all evil speakings,

2 As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby:
This is what it means when Jesus said "Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven." That we must forget all the worldly stuff we have learned. We must forget about the possible and impossible. We must forget the things we have learned of man. We must become as Children in our minds, putting God, as our Daddy, first in all things. With all Trust and Reverence, all Faith and Hope. That we accept the things of God, as Children accept the things or their earthly Fathers and Mothers. That we become ignorant to Sin and live for God. Doing the things of God without doubt or fear.

Do you know Jesus as your Savior? Have you been adopted into the Family of God? If not, say this Prayer. Right now. Wherever you may be. Say it in your own words, and do not doubt in your heart. God will hear you. He will send the Spirit of Life to you. Let us Pray..

"Oh heavenly Father, Lord God. I am a sinner. I know this. I know there is nothing I can do to change that. But I know you can. I accept Jesus's sacrifice for me. I repent my sins. Please send the Spirit of Adoption into my life. Help me to get to know the real you. Save me. Please. In the name of Jesus, Amen!"

That's it. It really is that simple. Now go tell someone what you have just done. "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." {Romans 10:9} You need to find a Church that God leads you to, and be Baptized the way Jesus said to be. You are now a Child of God. A new Creature. You "have put off the old man with his deeds, and have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him." {Colossians 3:10}

If you want to tell me, or comment, question, give testimonials, or just say "Hi," the Email is opntalk@gmail.com

Until next time, be blessed, be a blessing, and Jesus IS Lord of all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Coming Right Up, Book of Mark

 Let's chat Hey folks, if you have been with us here at TAG, {The Truth According to God} for the past 50 weeks, congratulations, you j...