Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Let the Dead Bury Their Dead, Sow The Seed

Sow, don't intimidate, threaten, or attempt to scare.

Do not worry either. When you are "Seeking First the Kingdom of God," as His Child, He tells you, you are a Sower of the Seed. The Seed is the Word. The Truth. He tells us we are to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ. However, he does not tell us to do so in a fashion that is not suited for a Child of God to do.

Here's what I mean by this. I am my name sake. I truly am. I am quick with the sword. I will get in your face if you insult God or Christ in front of me. We will talk all day about God and the Word of God. So I have had to learn this valuable lesson myself.

Not all that hear it, will accept it. Not all that I love, will be saved. I must not take these things personally. It is just the way of things. It has nothing to do with me. You see, we all have Free Will. We all are responsible for our decisions. Just like I had to decide to accept it or not, all have to make that choice for themselves.

I understand this is a difficult concept to accept. Trust me. But it is the Truth. There will come a time. A Day. A moment in time, when my own children will have to decide for themselves. There is nothing I can do to alter that outcome. I can teach, preach, show them the way. They must decide for themselves, regardless of my feelings on the matter. Regardless of my love for them, if they decide that they will not accept the Gospel as Truth and Fact, then it will be their decision.

This is one of the hardest things for some to understand. Until you accept the Spirit of Adoption, you are already dead. You are already condemned. The devil has to do nothing. God is not doing anything against you. You are already dead.

Now picture this. Jesus healed the Leaper, Centurion's servant who Jesus healed without even going to, because of the faith of the Centurion. He even said He found no greater faith in all of Israel. Then He healed Peter's Mother who was a the point of dead. Then, having witnessed all these things,

Matthew 8:
21 And another of his disciples said unto him, Lord, suffer me first to go and bury my father.

22 But Jesus said unto him, Follow me; and let the dead bury their dead.
And in...

Luke 9:
59 And he said unto another, Follow me. But he said, Lord, suffer me first to go and bury my father.

60 Jesus said unto him, Let the dead bury their dead: but go thou and preach the kingdom of God.
What does this mean? What was Jesus saying. He just got done healing people. Why would he not allow His Disciples to go bury their dead? Because they are no longer dead. But those there, at the funeral, are. The person in the casket? They are dead also. It is too late for them at this point. They have made their decisions. Right wrong, or indifferent.

Ephesians 2:
2 And you were dead in the trespasses and sins.
But you are no longer dead. You are now alive for and with God Himself.

Romans 6:
1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?
2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?
3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?
4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:

6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

7 For he that is dead is freed from sin.

8 Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:

9 Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him.

10 For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.

11 Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Jesus put it this way in....

John 12:
44 Jesus cried and said, He that believeth on me, believeth not on me, but on him that sent me.

45 And he that seeth me seeth him that sent me.

46 I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness.

47 And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.

48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

49 For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.

50 And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.
You see, once you accept Jesus, you accept God. You are killed with Christ, yet rather, you are raised from the dead with Christ, and you are not longer the same person. You died yet you live, Others who have not accepted Jesus is dead, unto death. Those that reject Jesus and the Word, are already dead. Already Condemned. They condemn themselves. We'll discuss this more in depth next time.

What Jesus is telling you, is that you need not waste your time trying to convince people of the Truth. Tell them the truth, yet if they do not accept it, leave them alone. They are already dead. They will be asked at the end time, why they did not accept the Truth? Their own words, and their own deeds, will condemn them.

Another aspect to this is that Jesus wants you to be a Sower, not an intimidating, forceful, bully. When He sent out his Disciples, He told them this..

Matthew 10:
11 And into whatsoever city or town ye shall enter, enquire who in it is worthy; and there abide till ye go thence.

12 And when ye come into an house, salute it.

13 And if the house be worthy, let your peace come upon it: but if it be not worthy, let your peace return to you.

14 And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet.

15 Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city.
You can also find this in Mark 6, also Luke 9. Do not force the Word on anyone. Do not be an in your face Christian. It does no good. They will not accept it, no matter how much time you waste, and you are wasting time. There is another who will receive the Truth, in the next house, in the next city.

Notice what Jesus tells us. When we come to someone we are about to share the Truth with, we should release our Peace. If they reject us, or they refuse to hear us, Jesus tells us, "let your peace return to you.
And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet." Leave them behind, move on. Forget them.

He did not say, stay there and fight with them. He did not say argue with them. He said, move on. In the Parable of the Sower, Jesus told us this..

Mark 4:
3 Hearken; Behold, there went out a sower to sow:
4 And it came to pass, as he sowed, some fell by the way side, and the fowls of the air came and devoured it up.
5 And some fell on stony ground, where it had not much earth; and immediately it sprang up, because it had no depth of earth:
6 But when the sun was up, it was scorched; and because it had no root, it withered away.
7 And some fell among thorns, and the thorns grew up, and choked it, and it yielded no fruit.
8 And other fell on good ground, and did yield fruit that sprang up and increased; and brought forth, some thirty, and some sixty, and some an hundred.
 9 And he said unto them, He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.
He explained it a bit later. So there is no doubt about it. He said this...
14 The sower soweth the word.

15 And these are they by the way side, where the word is sown; but when they have heard, Satan cometh immediately, and taketh away the word that was sown in their hearts.

16 And these are they likewise which are sown on stony ground; who, when they have heard the word, immediately receive it with gladness;

17 And have no root in themselves, and so endure but for a time: afterward, when affliction or persecution ariseth for the word's sake, immediately they are offended.

18 And these are they which are sown among thorns; such as hear the word,

19 And the cares of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, and the lusts of other things entering in, choke the word, and it becometh unfruitful.

20 And these are they which are sown on good ground; such as hear the word, and receive it, and bring forth fruit, some thirtyfold, some sixty, and some an hundred.
Notice He does not say, stay there, and water the seed. He does not say, take the seed from the stony ground. No. He said, Sow. Come what may. Move on. We sometimes forget to move on. My Niece is now 21 years old. I have told her the truth. I have shared with her things over the years. I am Praying for her Soul. Yet, she says until she sees God, she has a hard time believing in Him. She believes that there must be something, because she is smart enough to understand that Evolution could never happen without something. Nothing from nothing is nothing, nothing to nothing is nothing. She understands Science, Mathematics, and simple Logic, all dictates that there must have been a first something. But she is not ready to accept God, Jesus, etc.

As much as I love her, I can not force her to accept the Truth. I can simply share it. Same with my boys. I tell them the Truth, when they become older, they can accept it, or reject it. The choice is theirs. There is nothing I can do once they reach the age of accountability. Once they become old enough to chose, they shall.

No matter who it is in your life, that you are telling the truth to, loved ones, friends, strangers, they all have Free Will. If you share the truth with them, they receive it, Jesus tells us to spend some time with them. Tell them how to be saved. Tell them the Truth. See that they fully understand the Truth. If they reject it? Do not become a bully. Do not threaten them with Fire and Brimstone. Do not threaten them with Hell. Do not get in their face and attempt to force them to accept it. Jesus tells us to simply, move on. Allow your peace to return to you, and move on. Forget them. They are dead. They are gone. They have made their choice. If you spend too much time trying to argue with them, you may miss the person around the corner who is waiting to hear the Truth. Who will receive it. Who may even bring forth a great harvest.

Peter was Fishing. Matthew was working as a tax collector. Saul was hunting down and killing God's chosen people. When Jesus came around the corner. What if Jesus decided to stop and argue the Truth with someone else that will never accept it. Peter may have moved on. Matthew may have gone home. Saul may have never become Paul.

Jesus never argued the Truth. He simply told it. People accepted it or they didn't. Jesus moved on. If they accepted it, then Jesus taught them more in depth. If they rejected it, they parted ways, Jesus moved on. He let the dead bury their dead. He let the dead walk away knowing that they were truly dead. He sought out those who wanted to live. We, as Children of God, should do the same. No matter how difficult it may be at the time.

Do you know Jesus as your Savior? Have you been adopted into the Family of God? If not, say this Prayer. Right now. Wherever you may be. Say it in your own words, and do not doubt in your heart. God will hear you. He will send the Spirit of Life to you. Let us Pray..

"Oh heavenly Father, Lord God. I am a sinner. I know this. I know there is nothing I can do to change that. But I know you can. I accept Jesus's sacrifice for me. I repent my sins. Please send the Spirit of Adoption into my life. Help me to get to know the real you. Save me. Please. In the name of Jesus, Amen!"

That's it. It really is that simple. Now go tell someone what you have just done. "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." {Romans 10:9} You need to find a Church that God leads you to, and be Baptized the way Jesus said to be. You are now a Child of God. A new Creature. You "have put off the old man with his deeds, and have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him." {Colossians 3:10}

If you want to tell me, or comment, question, give testimonials, or just say "Hi," the Email is opntalk@gmail.com

Until next time, be blessed, be a blessing, and Jesus IS Lord of all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book of Genesis, Chapter 47

  Chapter 47 Jacob's Family Settles in Goshen 1 So Joseph went in and told Pharaoh, “My father and my brothers, with their flocks and he...