Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Is There Salvation for the Saved?

Forgiveness for the forgiven?

Last time we talked about God preparing a way. Even though it may not be clear, perhaps even impossible, God can make a way where there is none. In that message, was included the stories of Noah, Moses, and David.

Some were wondering why, and I'll be honest, I was too, included in that message was the fact that these were not perfect men. That even after they accomplished the things God called them to do, they Sinned. It costed them dearly. Noah's family were thrown into turmoil, which some say is still going on today. Moses was forbidden entry into the Promised Land. David lost his child birthed by Bathsheba. Then this message came to me shortly after.

Is there Salvation for the Saved? Forgiveness for the Forgiven? Can you lose your Salvation?

James 4:
17 Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.
If I do not know, that it is a Sin to hold a grudge, and I do, am I Sinning? Yes. However, can it be held against me? No. If I know the truth, that I must forgive to be forgiven, and I hold a grudge, then I am Sinning knowingly, and it is held against me and I am then accountable for it.

As it also says in...

2 Peter 2:
20 For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.

21 For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.
In other words, it would be better if you were never saved to begin with. That once you are, you then know and understand the Truth. If you turn away from that Truth, you become even worse off than you were before. In..

John 15:
5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.
And in...

Revelation 3:
15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.

16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.
Also in...

Hebrews 10:
24 And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works:

25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,

27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

28 He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:

29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

30 For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people.

31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.
In all these passages, God it talking to the saved. He is talking to the Church. The body of Christ. Can you lose your Salvation? It would appear, the answer is, yes. It seems that the human concept of once Saved always Saved, is not a truthful saying.

It does make sense if you think about it. If you come to me, and say, please adopt me into your family. I agree. However, I tell you to be a part of my family, I will require from you the same as I would require from all my children. If you are a faithful and good Son, you, as with all my children, will inherit part of my vast estate and fortune.

However, you decide to stop coming to my house. You decide to go off and do your own thing. You decide to forsake me and my family. That is totally your choice. By doing this though, you are disqualifying yourself from all my blessings and promises. I can not bless you, help you, or even love you, if you are no longer with me. As in all things, the choice is yours. As it says in...

Revelation 2:
4 Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love.

5 Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent.
Except thou repent. In...

Malachi 3:
7 Even from the days of your fathers ye are gone away from mine ordinances, and have not kept them. Return unto me, and I will return unto you, saith the Lord of hosts. But ye said, Wherein shall we return?
Return to me, I will return to you. Let's look at the story of the Wayward Son in...

Luke 15:
1 Then drew near unto him all the publicans and sinners for to hear him.

2 And the Pharisees and scribes murmured, saying, This man receiveth sinners, and eateth with them.

3 And he spake this parable unto them, saying,

4 What man of you, having an hundred sheep, if he lose one of them, doth not leave the ninety and nine in the wilderness, and go after that which is lost, until he find it?

5 And when he hath found it, he layeth it on his shoulders, rejoicing.

6 And when he cometh home, he calleth together his friends and neighbours, saying unto them, Rejoice with me; for I have found my sheep which was lost.

7 I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.

8 Either what woman having ten pieces of silver, if she lose one piece, doth not light a candle, and sweep the house, and seek diligently till she find it?

9 And when she hath found it, she calleth her friends and her neighbours together, saying, Rejoice with me; for I have found the piece which I had lost.

10 Likewise, I say unto you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner that repenteth.

11 And he said, A certain man had two sons:

12 And the younger of them said to his father, Father, give me the portion of goods that falleth to me. And he divided unto them his living.

13 And not many days after the younger son gathered all together, and took his journey into a far country, and there wasted his substance with riotous living.

14 And when he had spent all, there arose a mighty famine in that land; and he began to be in want.

15 And he went and joined himself to a citizen of that country; and he sent him into his fields to feed swine.

16 And he would fain have filled his belly with the husks that the swine did eat: and no man gave unto him.

17 And when he came to himself, he said, How many hired servants of my father's have bread enough and to spare, and I perish with hunger!

18 I will arise and go to my father, and will say unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and before thee,

19 And am no more worthy to be called thy son: make me as one of thy hired servants.

20 And he arose, and came to his father. But when he was yet a great way off, his father saw him, and had compassion, and ran, and fell on his neck, and kissed him.

21 And the son said unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and in thy sight, and am no more worthy to be called thy son.

22 But the father said to his servants, Bring forth the best robe, and put it on him; and put a ring on his hand, and shoes on his feet:

23 And bring hither the fatted calf, and kill it; and let us eat, and be merry:

24 For this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found. And they began to be merry.

25 Now his elder son was in the field: and as he came and drew nigh to the house, he heard musick and dancing.

26 And he called one of the servants, and asked what these things meant.

27 And he said unto him, Thy brother is come; and thy father hath killed the fatted calf, because he hath received him safe and sound.

28 And he was angry, and would not go in: therefore came his father out, and intreated him.

29 And he answering said to his father, Lo, these many years do I serve thee, neither transgressed I at any time thy commandment: and yet thou never gavest me a kid, that I might make merry with my friends:

30 But as soon as this thy son was come, which hath devoured thy living with harlots, thou hast killed for him the fatted calf.

31 And he said unto him, Son, thou art ever with me, and all that I have is thine.

32 It was meet that we should make merry, and be glad: for this thy brother was dead, and is alive again; and was lost, and is found.
There is no need for a celebration for those that are faithful and always there. Doing the right things always. There is cause for celebration when one that was dead, has become alive again. Now some say that this is for all Sinners, not just those already Saved and yet backsliden, but anyone who Prays the Prayer of Salvation.

Even if we go with that. How much more do you think God will throw a Party for one that already IS His Child that repents and turn back to His Will? You have to realize that the story Jesus tells us, He says that the man has two Sons. So he is already his Son. Not a new Son. The Sheep were already part of the flock, and the woman already had the Silver. None of these were new to the people in the stories. So I submit to you that Jesus is talking about the Saved repenting and returning back into the Will of God.

Also in..

Matthew 18:
21 Then Peter came up and said to him, “Lord, how often will my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? As many as seven times?”

22 Jesus said to him, I do not say to you seven times, but seventy-seven times.
If Jesus is telling us to forgive our Brother, seventy-seven times, whenever he repents and asks, then how much more do you think your Heavenly Father may forgive you? Can we fall away through Sin, and lose our Salvation? Yup. However, we can come back also. Repent and ask God to forgive us, and there will be a Party thrown in Heaven. But it is up to you.

Do you know Jesus as your Savior? Have you been adopted into the Family of God? If not, or you have fallen away, say this Prayer. Right now. Wherever you may be. Say it in your own words, and do not doubt in your heart. God will hear you. He will send the Spirit of Life to you. Let us Pray..

"Oh heavenly Father, Lord God. I am a sinner. I know this. I know there is nothing I can do to change that. But I know you can. I accept Jesus's sacrifice for me. I repent my sins. Please send the Spirit of Adoption into my life. Help me to get to know the real you. Save me. Please. In the name of Jesus, Amen!"

That's it. It really is that simple. Now go tell someone what you have just done. "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." {Romans 10:9} You need to find a Church that God leads you to, and be Baptized the way Jesus said to be. You are now a Child of God. A new Creature. You "have put off the old man with his deeds, and have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him." {Colossians 3:10}Find God's plan and purpose for you and your life. He has one. If you have fallen away, welcome home.

If you want to tell me, or comment, question, give testimonials, or just say "Hi," the Email is opntalk@gmail.com

Until next time, be blessed, and Jesus is lord of all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Coming Right Up, Book of Mark

 Let's chat Hey folks, if you have been with us here at TAG, {The Truth According to God} for the past 50 weeks, congratulations, you j...