Wednesday, September 12, 2012

You Are The Sower of the Seed

You have an obligation.

Sometimes, when one is saved, they think to themselves, great. Aunty M., Bill at work, Grandma Moses, Friend Joe, whomever, told me about this Salvation stuff, so as long as I tell one other person, then my job is done.

I was one of these. In my case, there were two. James, and Dwight. Both telling me two different things of the same truth, which starting my journey into the seek for knowledge of the Truth by the Creator and not the Creation. You know my story. So I became saved. I felt, OK. It was two that "got me Saved" so I need to talk to two people. If I can "get them Saved" I'll be even. Two for two.

Then I have heard many saying that they thankful and content to be Saved, but they need not try to teach others. Besides, I'm not a Pastor. I'm not an Evangelist. I can't preach. So I'm happy I'm Saved. That's good enough for me.

Truth is, now that you are a Child of God, you ARE the Sower of the Seed. This is just a fact. You will meet people in your life, that I will never meet. Should they not hear the Truth as well? One of the first people I ever talked to about this, is a former Boxer. He went to gyms, and traveled for fights. He knew people I would never, and have never, met. But he sees them every day. So it is up to him to tell them about the Truth. About the Gospel.

What is a Sower of the Seed? In....

Mark 4:
3 Hearken; Behold, there went out a sower to sow:

4 And it came to pass, as he sowed, some fell by the way side, and the fowls of the air came and devoured it up.

5 And some fell on stony ground, where it had not much earth; and immediately it sprang up, because it had no depth of earth:

6 But when the sun was up, it was scorched; and because it had no root, it withered away.

7 And some fell among thorns, and the thorns grew up, and choked it, and it yielded no fruit.

8 And other fell on good ground, and did yield fruit that sprang up and increased; and brought forth, some thirty, and some sixty, and some an hundred.

9 And he said unto them, He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.
Now Jesus is attempting to encourage His Disciples and explain why some that hear the Truth, reject it. But even his Disciples didn't get what he was saying. So they had to ask Him....
10 And when he was alone, they that were about him with the twelve asked of him the parable.

11 And he said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables:

12 That seeing they may see, and not perceive; and hearing they may hear, and not understand; lest at any time they should be converted, and their sins should be forgiven them.

13 And he said unto them, Know ye not this parable? and how then will ye know all parables?

14 The sower soweth the word.

15 And these are they by the way side, where the word is sown; but when they have heard, Satan cometh immediately, and taketh away the word that was sown in their hearts.

16 And these are they likewise which are sown on stony ground; who, when they have heard the word, immediately receive it with gladness;

17 And have no root in themselves, and so endure but for a time: afterward, when affliction or persecution ariseth for the word's sake, immediately they are offended.

18 And these are they which are sown among thorns; such as hear the word,

19 And the cares of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, and the lusts of other things entering in, choke the word, and it becometh unfruitful.

20 And these are they which are sown on good ground; such as hear the word, and receive it, and bring forth fruit, some thirtyfold, some sixty, and some an hundred.
Also in

Matthew 13:
3 And he spake many things unto them in parables, saying, Behold, a sower went forth to sow;

4 And when he sowed, some seeds fell by the way side, and the fowls came and devoured them up:

5 Some fell upon stony places, where they had not much earth: and forthwith they sprung up, because they had no deepness of earth:

6 And when the sun was up, they were scorched; and because they had no root, they withered away.
7 And some fell among thorns; and the thorns sprung up, and choked them:

8 But other fell into good ground, and brought forth fruit, some an hundredfold, some sixtyfold, some thirtyfold.
9 Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.
Again he explains why He speaks in Parables, and what this one means. This account is more detailed.
10 And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables?

11 He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.

12 For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath.

13 Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.

14 And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:

15 For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

16 But blessed are your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear.

17 For verily I say unto you, That many prophets and righteous men have desired to see those things which ye see, and have not seen them; and to hear those things which ye hear, and have not heard them.

18 Hear ye therefore the parable of the sower.

19 When any one heareth the word of the kingdom, and understandeth it not, then cometh the wicked one, and catcheth away that which was sown in his heart. This is he which received seed by the way side.

20 But he that received the seed into stony places, the same is he that heareth the word, and anon with joy receiveth it;

21 Yet hath he not root in himself, but dureth for a while: for when tribulation or persecution ariseth because of the word, by and by he is offended.

22 He also that received seed among the thorns is he that heareth the word; and the care of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, choke the word, and he becometh unfruitful.
23 But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it; which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.
He is telling us two things here. One, WE are the Sowers of the Seed. That we have been given a gift, that is so great, we should be sharing it with others. We have that obligation. If we do not, than we should not expect any more. "For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath." God blesses us to be a blessing to others. Continuing in....

Mark 4:
21 And he said unto them, Is a candle brought to be put under a bushel, or under a bed? and not to be set on a candlestick?

22 For there is nothing hid, which shall not be manifested; neither was any thing kept secret, but that it should come abroad.

23 If any man have ears to hear, let him hear.
Do you know the story of the Nobleman and the ten pounds? You can find it in...

Luke 19:
12 He said therefore, A certain nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom, and to return.

13 And he called his ten servants, and delivered them ten pounds, and said unto them, Occupy till I come.

14 But his citizens hated him, and sent a message after him, saying, We will not have this man to reign over us.

15 And it came to pass, that when he was returned, having received the kingdom, then he commanded these servants to be called unto him, to whom he had given the money, that he might know how much every man had gained by trading.

16 Then came the first, saying, Lord, thy pound hath gained ten pounds.

17 And he said unto him, Well, thou good servant: because thou hast been faithful in a very little, have thou authority over ten cities.

18 And the second came, saying, Lord, thy pound hath gained five pounds.

19 And he said likewise to him, Be thou also over five cities.

20 And another came, saying, Lord, behold, here is thy pound, which I have kept laid up in a napkin:

21 For I feared thee, because thou art an austere man: thou takest up that thou layedst not down, and reapest that thou didst not sow.

22 And he saith unto him, Out of thine own mouth will I judge thee, thou wicked servant. Thou knewest that I was an austere man, taking up that I laid not down, and reaping that I did not sow:

23 Wherefore then gavest not thou my money into the bank, that at my coming I might have required mine own with usury?

24 And he said unto them that stood by, Take from him the pound, and give it to him that hath ten pounds.

25 (And they said unto him, Lord, he hath ten pounds.)

26 For I say unto you, That unto every one which hath shall be given; and from him that hath not, even that he hath shall be taken away from him.
So God, gives us the gift of Salvation. He gives us His Word. He blesses us richly, in all ways. He says to us, "Occupy till I come." Some of us, go out and share the Gospel. We share our Testimonies. We teach others the Truth according to God, and not man.

When we go out into the world, that Hates God, some will not listen. Some will not hear. But some will. The second thing Jesus was telling us is that we should not worry about those that do not hear. Do not waste our time with them. Sow the Seed, let it do what it does. Just keep sowing.

The Law of Giving and Receiving covers many things. God gives you the gift of Wisdom? What good is it if you do not share it with others? God gives you the gift of Prophesy? What good does it do if you do not share it with others. What if John the Baptist, went into the woods, and yet, never baptized. Or Moses never came off the mountain. Or someone like Paul, never shared the Truth? God fills you to be ready to share with others. The more you do, the more God needs to fill you. You give of your finances? God will bless you and give you more money to give away. You share the Wisdom of His Word, God gives you MORE Wisdom to share. You bless others, you in turn become blessed. What good does it do, to receive, if you do nothing with it?

Some of you are thinking, yeah, but there are people who are just evil. People that can't be helped. I'm out there, sowing the Seed, and these evil ones will be in the mix. They will be trying to stop the seed from growing. They will be trying to stop me. Why would God allow this? If He wants me to sow the Seed. Why do we have the evil ones attempting to stop it. Continued in.....

Matthew 13:
24 Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field:
25 But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way.
26 But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also.
27 So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares?
28 He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up?
29 But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them.
30 Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.
God is telling you, do not worry about them. You worry about doing the right thing. You sow the good seed. Let God and the Reapers worry about the Tares. The evil ones.

But who am I? I can't do this. I'm no Preacher. I do not know diddly. Why would God want me? To tell people they are Sinners and need repentance and Salvation? Who am I?"

Matthew 4:
18 And Jesus, walking by the sea of Galilee, saw two brethren, Simon called Peter, and Andrew his brother, casting a net into the sea: for they were fishers.

19 And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.

20 And they straightway left their nets, and followed him.

21 And going on from thence, he saw other two brethren, James the son of Zebedee, and John his brother, in a ship with Zebedee their father, mending their nets; and he called them.

22 And they immediately left the ship and their father, and followed him.
Matthew 9:
9 And as Jesus passed forth from thence, he saw a man, named Matthew, sitting at the receipt of custom: and he saith unto him, Follow me. And he arose, and followed him.
Acts 9:
1 And Saul, yet breathing out threatenings and slaughter against the disciples of the Lord, went unto the high priest,

2 And desired of him letters to Damascus to the synagogues, that if he found any of this way, whether they were men or women, he might bring them bound unto Jerusalem.

3 And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven:

4 And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?

5 And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.

6 And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do.
God knows who you are. He created you. He knows what you have done. But when you accepted His gift of Salvation, accepted Jesus sacrifice, the Spirit of adoption, all that you have done in your life is wiped clean. Look at Saul. Now known as Paul. What have you done in your life that God can't forgive you of? Nothing.

What was once a sinner, a wretch if you will, is dead. You are now a new creature. A new person. God has a plan and a destiny set up for YOU. He is calling you to fulfill it. He knows you better than you know yourself.

A Handyman I am not. I can fix anything that breaks in my house. I know numbers. I call others to fix it. That is how I fix it. I doubt very highly God would ever call me to build an Ark. Or a Temple. But what God does call me to do, that I can. He knows better than I. All you have to do is trust Him.

I remember once when I was first Saved. A man came to me and said, "I have questions about God. James sent me to you." I remember thinking to myself, Me? Why did James send you to me? Who am I? It was James that lead me into the quest for knowledge of Truth. It was James that lead me down the Path of Salvation. Me? Why would he send you to ME? That man, accepted Christ a short time later. That began my sharing of the Truth according to God. That moment changed my life. Not because James send this man to me, but because I said "OK, what do you want to know?" I accepted God's calling. I said, yes.

In...

Luke 10:
1 After these things the Lord appointed other seventy also, and sent them two and two before his face into every city and place, whither he himself would come.

2 Therefore said he unto them, The harvest truly is great, but the labourers are few: pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he would send forth labourers into his harvest.

3 Go your ways: behold, I send you forth as lambs among wolves.

4 Carry neither purse, nor scrip, nor shoes: and salute no man by the way.

5 And into whatsoever house ye enter, first say, Peace be to this house.

6 And if the son of peace be there, your peace shall rest upon it: if not, it shall turn to you again.

7 And in the same house remain, eating and drinking such things as they give: for the labourer is worthy of his hire. Go not from house to house.

8 And into whatsoever city ye enter, and they receive you, eat such things as are set before you:

9 And heal the sick that are therein, and say unto them, The kingdom of God is come nigh unto you.

10 But into whatsoever city ye enter, and they receive you not, go your ways out into the streets of the same, and say,

11 Even the very dust of your city, which cleaveth on us, we do wipe off against you: notwithstanding be ye sure of this, that the kingdom of God is come nigh unto you.

12 But I say unto you, that it shall be more tolerable in that day for Sodom, than for that city.
You see, as a Child of God, you have an obligation to share the Truth. Not all will accept it. Some will hate you for it. But this does not change what you should do. You do what you should do, God will do what He does. The people you share the Truth with, will hear or not. Will accept or not. Will be Saved or not. But it is the POWER of the Spirit. The POWER of the Truth. The POWER of God, that YOU possess. Think about this ...
11 Even the very dust of your city, which cleaveth on us, we do wipe off against you: notwithstanding be ye sure of this, that the kingdom of God is come nigh unto you.

12 But I say unto you, that it shall be more tolerable in that day for Sodom, than for that city.
Another example of the power of words. You have the power to bless and the power to curse. As a Child of God, that power is limitless. Are you a Child of God? If you have not said that Prayer, say it now. In your own words if you chose, mean it from your heart.

"Oh heavenly Father, Lord God. I am a sinner. I know this. I know there is nothing I can do to change that. But I know you can. I accept Jesus's sacrifice for me. I repent my sins. Please send the Spirit of Adoption into my life. Help me to get to know the real you. Save me. Please. In the name of Jesus, Amen!"

That's it. It really is that simple. Now you need to find a Church that God leads you to, and be Baptized the way Jesus said to be. But you are now a Child of God. A new Creature. You "have put off the old man with his deeds, and have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him." {Colossians 3:10} You are also now the Sower of the Seed. Again remember, what good does it do, to receive, if you do nothing with it? Trust God to be wiser than you. Trust He knows what you are capable of. You will receive certain gifts, that are meant for you. Learn them, use them, but try to Sow the Seed wherever you may be.

Until next time, be blessed, and Jesus IS Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Coming Right Up, Book of Mark

 Let's chat Hey folks, if you have been with us here at TAG, {The Truth According to God} for the past 50 weeks, congratulations, you j...