Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Yield To Advance

Today, many tell you, they know the way.

They tell you they have the path to improve yourself. They tell you you must have Pride. Pride in yourself. Pride in your accomplishments. Pride in your abilities. They tell you that they can improve your Self Esteem. They tell you that through the power of their teachings, you will be, and you will focus on, Number One. For just $79.95 They will show you how to advance in finances, health, and general well being. You will be the envy of all others. You will be the Big Cheese. The Top Dog. You will be all that you ever wanted to be. Just send them the money, and they will show you the light.

What they are telling you, is the wisdom of the world. Oh it can work, for some, for a time. But the end result? There is a better way. A God way. Sometimes you must actually yield to advance. I understand that is opposite of what the world will tell you. But we already know what God thinks about the wisdom of the world. God calls it foolishness. True wisdom starts with God. Just a few examples?

Psalm 111:10
The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do his commandments: his praise endureth for ever.
Proverbs 1:7
The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.
Proverbs 2:6
For the LORD giveth wisdom: out of his mouth cometh knowledge and understanding.
Isaiah 33:6
And wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times, and strength of salvation: the fear of the LORD is his treasure.
In Paul's first letter to the Church at Corinth, he talks about the difference in the wisdom of the world, and the wisdom of God.

1 Corinthians 1:
17 For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect.

18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

19 For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.

20 Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?

21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

22 For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom:

23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;

24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.

26 For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:

27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;

28 And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:

29 That no flesh should glory in his presence.

30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:

31 That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.
So the world, who rejects God, tells you, you must be all about you. Full of Pride. Well, what does God say about Pride?

Proverbs 13:
10 Only by pride cometh contention: but with the well advised is wisdom.
Think about that. ONLY by Pride, comes contention. What is contention? It is a point of argument. It is to become the winner in a debate. I am better than you. Or I have the right to this or that. I am the better player. ETC. It's all about me. I, I, I. It's all about Pride.

Truth is, there is nearly always someone better than you. Smarter, Wiser, Stronger, Faster, More Skilled. Whatever. True Wisdom is understanding this fact. I go to the gym. I work out. I lift weights. I'm pretty strong. I see other guys watching me from time to time. Looking at the amounts of weights I'm using. I have even seen some, not even half my size, attempt to lift the same. I could feel Pride about that. Think to myself, I'm the strongest in the world. I'm the King of the Gym. until that 7 foot, 350 pound guy walks in. He can lift double what I do. Pride? I go up to him and say I'm stronger than you. Wisdom is, accept I may not be, and ask if it actually matters either way. So it is only BY Pride that contention comes.

In....

Proverbs 16:
18 Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.

19 Better it is to be of an humble spirit with the lowly, than to divide the spoil with the proud.

20 He that handleth a matter wisely shall find good: and whoso trusteth in the Lord, happy is he.

21 The wise in heart shall be called prudent: and the sweetness of the lips increaseth learning.

22 Understanding is a wellspring of life unto him that hath it: but the instruction of fools is folly.

23 The heart of the wise teacheth his mouth, and addeth learning to his lips.

24 Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.

25 There is a way that seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.
 Also....

Proverbs 29:
23 A man's pride shall bring him low: but honour shall uphold the humble in spirit.
Now lets talk about the ultimate example of Pride. In the beginning of the early Church, there were strict guidelines to be met. If you wanted to become a Bishop, Check out this list of requirements to be a Bishop in the first Church. He had to be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behavior, given to hospitality, able to teach. He could not drink, fight, nor desire things of others. They would also check out his house. How is he raising his family? How does he treat his Wife and Kids? For if he does not run his house well, how can he then run a Church? But then, the last requirement is this, he can not be new to the Word and the ways of God. In,,,

1 Timothy 3:
6 Not a novice, lest being lifted up with pride he fall into the condemnation of the devil.
You see, as a Bishop of a Church, you have a whole lot of power. People will come to you for their needs, looking for you to answer them. In most areas, the Church's word on anything, was final. Thought to be the unadulterated Word of God. So if you were no one before, not understanding the TRUE ways of God, now you have all this power and control? You get the point. Remember that story about the fall of Lucifer? In..

Isaiah 14:
11 Thy pomp is brought down to the grave, and the noise of thy viols: the worm is spread under thee, and the worms cover thee.

12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:

14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.

15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.

16 They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, and consider thee, saying, Is this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms;

17 That made the world as a wilderness, and destroyed the cities thereof; that opened not the house of his prisoners?

18 All the kings of the nations, even all of them, lie in glory, every one in his own house.

19 But thou art cast out of thy grave like an abominable branch, and as the raiment of those that are slain, thrust through with a sword, that go down to the stones of the pit; as a carcase trodden under feet.
The Theory Of Lucifer's Rebellion.

Now there are two primary theories of when this took place. I subscribe to one, I will share it with you, and your can decide for yourself. This is a theory. It does have a lot of Biblical facts backing it up. However, believe in it or not, it really doesn't matter to, well, anything. It's just an interesting thought exercise.

The theory is, that there is an original Heaven and Earth. The first creation. This is where Lucifer and the rest of the Angels lived. When Lucifer became envious of God, and wanted to become God, he stood, wherever he was, and said "I will ascend into heaven." You cannot enter into something if you are already there. 

I'm in a building right now. I cannot say, "I will enter into it." I'm already here. I can say, I will ascend into the Eiffel Tower, and go all the way to the top, because I'm nowhere near it. So I can say I will do that. So Lucifer was not in Heaven.

A third of the Angels followed him on this quest. God cast him down. God wiped out the original Heaven and Earth with a Universal Flood. This caused Him to start over. There is a gap between Genesis 1, and 2. Then God creates Man. Us. But we turned over all our authority back to Lucifer. So God was about to do it again when He found one faithful. Noah. You know the story.

There is obviously a lot more to the theory. But I do not want you to get to sidetracked here. The other theory is that Lucifer fell because God made Man and put these "talking monkeys" over the Angels. I do not believe this is accurate for a whole host of reasons. But all this is for another time.

Like I said, it matter not an iota to your Salvation, faith, or daily life. Just an interesting study. The point is, Lucifer's Sin was Pride. He is the ultimate example. Through him and his pride, and the Pride of Adam, wanting to be God himself, Sin entered into the world. God does not like the Proud...

Proverbs 16:
5 Every one that is proud in heart is an abomination to the Lord: though hand join in hand, he shall not be unpunished.
1 Peter 5:
5 Likewise, ye younger, submit yourselves unto the elder. Yea, all of you be subject one to another, and be clothed with humility: for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble.
We will continue this series next time, talking about examples of the humble and the meek. Not to mention, the ultimate example of the humble. Of the meek. Jesus Himself. Pride is a world concept. Pride starts rebellions and wars. Pride leads to hatred and murder. Pride is evil at it's core. Remember who is the author of Pride. Remember Adam's sin. Remember the Tower of Babel . All these are the same Sin. Pride. Do not be Proud for Pride sake. Forget what the world tells you. From in the Sermon on the Mount, Jesus said this..

Matthew 5:
5 Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.
Do you know Jesus as your Savior? Are you sure? If not, say this Prayer. Right now. Wherever you may be. Say it in your own words, and do not doubt in your heart. God will hear you. He will send the Spirit of Life to you. Lets Pray..

"Oh heavenly Father, Lord God. I am a sinner. I know this. I know there is nothing I can do to change that. But I know you can. I accept Jesus's sacrifice for me. I repent my sins. Please send the Spirit of Adoption into my life. Help me to get to know the real you. Save me. Please. In the name of Jesus, Amen!"

That's it. It really is that simple. Now you need to find a Church that God leads you to, and be Baptized the way Jesus said to be. You are now a Child of God. A new Creature. You "have put off the old man with his deeds, and have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him." {Colossians 3:10}You are now an Heir to the Kingdom of God itself, and the same Spirit that raised Jesus from the dead lives in you, from this day on. Remember what Jesus said about those that follow after He leaves?
John 14:12
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.
That's you. You are not something that is not capable of doing anything. Jesus said GREATER works than even HE did, will YOU do, because YOU have receive the Spirit of God. We will talk about this power you now have, and the proper knowledge of what this means, next time. Remember, even though Jesus was God in the flesh, and more than capable of calling down a legion of Angles to wipe out those who sought to kill Him, HE laid down His life, for you.

Until next time, be blessed, and Jesus IS Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book of Genesis, Chapter 50

 Chapter 50 1 Then Joseph fell on his father's face and wept over him and kissed him. 2 And Joseph commanded his servants the physicians...