Sunday, July 7, 2019

Jesus in the Old Testament, Song of Solomon

Jesus in The Song of Solomon


Here is a Book that you may have never heard of. Or one that you have no idea what it is about. It is only 8 Chapters and maybe two and a half pages long. Some have called it “Perverted." Some say that the Song of Solomon is just a love song and therefore has no place in the Bible. If you just casually read it through you may also come to that conclusion. Depending on what your definition of “Perverted” is.

However, we are going to go through it in this light. Remember, Jesus said this.
You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; and it is they that bear witness about me,” {John 5:39}
So? Do we find Jesus in The “Perverted Love Song” of Solomon? Of course, we do.

First, Man cannot truly claim He knows Love, True Love, without being Married to a Godly Woman, and Vice Versa. Jesus said this about Marriage.
''For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife, and they two shall be one flesh'' {Matthew 19:5}
Once you are Married, you are no longer two, but one. You cannot get closer, nor can anyone come between. Jesus continued by saying this.
So they are no longer two but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together, let not man separate.” {Matthew 9:6}
Ephesians 5:22-33
“Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife even as Christ is the head of the church, his body, and is himself its Savior. Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit in everything to their husbands.

Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her, that he might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word, so that he might present the church to himself in splendor, without spot or wrinkle or any such thing, that she might be holy and without blemish. In the same way husbands should love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. For no one ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it, just as Christ does the church, because we are members of his body. “Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and hold fast to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh.” This mystery is profound, and I am saying that it refers to Christ and the church. However, let each one of you love his wife as himself, and let the wife see that she respects her husband.”
Now, remember, we are called the Bride of Christ. We are His Bride and He is our Bride Groom. So now when you read The Song of Solomon, read it in this light.

As we begin in The Song of Solomon, we see the Bride, think us, Confessing her love toward her Husband, think Jesus, and her Human Nature.
“I am very dark, but lovely, O daughters of Jerusalem, like the tents of Kedar, like the curtains of Solomon. Do not gaze at me because I am dark, because the sun has looked upon me.”
Isn’t that us? We are born into Sin. We are dark. Our Hearts are Evil.
“The LORD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every intention of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.” {Genesis 6:5}
However, our Bridegroom so loves us, that He came and died for us while we were yet Sinners and sees us like this. Song 4:7
“You are altogether beautiful, my love; there is no flaw in you.”
In Chapter 5, we see the Bride is Sleeping while the Bridegroom Knocks.
“I slept, but my heart was awake. A sound! My beloved is knocking.“Open to me, my sister, my love, my dove, my perfect one, for my head is wet with dew, my locks with the drops of the night.”
In this present time, Christ is away. We are to stay awake for we never know when He will return.
“For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.” {1 Thessalonians 5:2}
Jesus tells us Himself that He will come and Knock.
Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with me.” {Revelation 3:20}
We see that the reason the Bridegroom went away was for preparation for his Bride. Chapter 6
“My beloved has gone down to his garden to the beds of spices, to graze in the gardens and to gather lilies. I am my beloved's and my beloved is mine; he grazes among the lilies.”
Jesus tells us this.
And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also.” {John 14:3}
A little bit later we see them come together. They come together and delight in each other. One day, Jesus will return and bring us with Him. as with a Marriage, we will become one. See John 17:23
I in them and you in me, that they may become perfectly one, so that the world may know that you sent me and loved them even as you loved me.”
The Song of Solomon is a Love Song. It talks of the Blessed Love between a Bride and her Groom. It talks of how even though she, or we, may sleep and make excuses {Chapter 5} our Bridegroom, Jesus, still loves us and is preparing a place for us.

He will one day come back and Knock. Will you be ready to answer? Are you looking? Are you waiting?
Stay dressed for action and keep your lamps burning, and be like men who are waiting for their master to come home from the wedding feast, so that they may open the door to him at once when he comes and knocks. Blessed are those servants whom the master finds awake when he comes. Truly, I say to you, he will dress himself for service and have them recline at table, and he will come and serve them. If he comes in the second watch, or in the third, and finds them awake, blessed are those servants! But know this, that if the master of the house had known at what hour the thief was coming, he would not have left his house to be broken into. You also must be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect.” {Luke 12:35-40}
Do you know Jesus as your Savior? Have you been adopted into the Family of God? If not, say this Prayer. Right now. Wherever you may be. Say it in your own words, and do not doubt in your heart. God will hear you. He will send the Spirit of Life to you. Let us Pray.

"Oh heavenly Father, Lord God. I am a Sinner. I know this. I know there is nothing I can do to change that. But I know you can. I accept Jesus and His Sacrifice for me. I believe that He raised from the Dead. I repent my Sins. Please send the Spirit of Adoption into my life. Help me to get to know the real you. Save me. Please. In the name of Jesus, Amen!"

That's it. It really is that simple. Now go tell someone what you have just done. "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." {Romans 10:9} You need to find a Church that God leads you to, and be Baptized the way Jesus said to be. You are now a Child of God. A new Creature. You "have put off the old man with his deeds, and have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him." {Colossians 3:10}

If you want to tell me, or comment, question, give testimonials, or just say "Hi," the Email is opntalk@gmail.com

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen.{2 Corinthians 13}


Until next time, be Blessed, be a Blessing, and Jesus is Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book of 1 Samuel, Chapter 7

  Chapter 7 1 And the men of Kiriath-jearim came and took up the ark of the Lord and brought it to the house of Abinadab on the hill. And th...