Sunday, February 18, 2024

Getting to Know "The Force"

The Force, in this case, could be translated into “The Spirit”

Sounds like something right out of Start Wars. I know. But in a way, it is true. The Hebrew word Ruach is translated as "Spirit". The Greek word Pneuma is also translated as "Spirit". The English word "Spirit" all mean the same thing. The same general implication underlies all their applications: that of an often powerful, invisible, immaterial, motivating force. This unseen force inspires or encourages people to do something, good or bad. Its quality needs to be more relevant at this point.

We see things like this.
“But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh. For the desires of the flesh are against the Spirit, and the desires of the Spirit are against the flesh, for these are opposed to each other, to keep you from doing the things you want to do ” Galatians 5-16-17”
We read things like this.
“Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world.” 1 John 4:1
What does it mean? Spirit? The Bible will use the Hebrew or Greek word for "Spirit" for such invisible, motivating forces as "feelings" and "attitudes" and even "talents." E.W. Bullinger says in his Companion Bible that the Bible gives the word "spirit" eight applications.

It's important to note that these applications are not always clear-cut, and the meaning of "Spirit" in a particular passage can depend on the surrounding context. However, understanding these eight categories can help us to more accurately interpret the many uses of the word "Spirit" throughout the Bible.

1-The Divine Spirit: Referring to the Holy Spirit, the third person of the Trinity, God himself.

2-The human spirit: The immaterial part of a human being, distinct from the soul and body, responsible for our thoughts, emotions, and will.

3-The breath of life: The animating force that gives life to all living creatures.

4-The wind: Often used as a metaphor for God's presence or power.

5-An attitude or disposition: Referring to a person or group's prevailing mental or emotional state.

6-A supernatural being: Angels, demons, and other spiritual entities are sometimes called spirits.

7-A gift or talent: Certain abilities or skills are attributed to the spirit in some contexts.

8-The essence or meaning of something: A thing's core quality or nature.

Today, we are going to introduce you to THE Spirit. The Holy Spirit. Jesus tells us that if you accept Him and His sacrifice for you. His blood for your blood. His suffering for your suffering. His death, that you may live. Then the Holy Spirit comes and adopts you into the family of God. Jesus said.
If you love me, you will keep my commandments. And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Helper, to be with you forever, even the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive because it neither sees him nor knows him. You know him, for he dwells with you and will be in you." John 14: 15-17
He said we should not mourn Him not being with us, or long for Him to be with us, because He will ALWAYS be with us. In the very next verse, Jesus said this.
I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. Yet a little while and the world will see me no more, but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live. On that day you will know that I am in my Father, and you in me, and I in you. Whoever has my commandments and keeps them, he it is who loves me. And he who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and manifest myself to him.” John 14:18-21
You need to understand what Jesus is saying here. Read on some more starting at verse 25
These things I have spoken to you while I am still with you. But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you."
Who will teach us the things of God, and bring to our remembrance the Words Jesus has taught us? The Holy Spirit. However, to fully understand the reality, you must fully understand who the Holy Spirit is.
'In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth." Genesis 1:1
In the beginning God. God was in the beginning.

Next verse.
"The earth was without form and void, and darkness was over the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters."
When there was yet nothing, The Holy Spirit was there. Do you see that? But wait, Where does it say Jesus was there?
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." John 1: 1
A little bit later.
"And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth." John 1:14
God, The Word, {Which became flesh, Jesus} and the Spirit were there in the beginning and have always been. Then to fully understand who the Holy Spirit is, we need to return to John 14.
"I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you."
He said "I" shall come to you. Is he already there? Of course. What He is telling them, is that the Holy Spirit is Him, He is God. Three yet one. That when the flesh dies, and He goes to be with the Father, the Spirit, who never dies, will come and dwell in us.
"Yet a little while and the world will see me no more, but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live. In that day you will know that I am in my Father, and you in me, and I in you."
Again, "I" in you. Not some spook. "I." Jesus. The Holy Spirit is equal to Jesus. He IS Jesus. Jesus IS God. Are you following?
"Whoever has my commandments and keeps them, he it is who loves me. And he who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and manifest myself to him.” Judas (not Iscariot) said to him, “Lord, how is it that you will manifest yourself to us, and not to the world?” Jesus answered him, “If anyone loves me, he will keep my word, and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him."
Read that again. "If anyone loves me, he will keep my word, and my Father will love him, and WE will come to him and make OUR home with him." What is He saying? Remember, OUR means three or more. Jesus said WE will make OUR abode with him. The very real person Jesus, the very real person the Holy Spirit, and even God Himself will live IN us.

Now perhaps you can fully appreciate this passage.
"Little children, you are from God and have overcome them, for he who is in you is greater than he who is in the world."1 John 4: 4
Once you say the prayer of salvation, once you ask God to set you free from the laws of sin and death, the old you, the flesh dies. You are dead. You are then transformed into a new creature where the real you, the Spirit you, is the one who is now in total control. Second, The Holy Spirit comes down from heaven and dwells in you, with you. You now have the power of faith. You are now going to live on long after the body dies. Who is the Holy Spirit? Think about that. The Creator of all that is was or ever will be is now living in you. This is why you can hear and see. This is why you can receive the things of God when the rest of the world cannot. They do not have the greatest gift. They do not have the Holy Spirit.

We all have that little voice in our heads. Most of us anyway. We know right from wrong. We know what we should or should not do. Some call it a conscience. As a child of God, you can call it the Holy Spirit. You could, and you would be accurate, call it God Himself.

What about the ones that hear negative or hurtful or even outright evil voices in their head? More on that coming up in this series. If you truly have the Holy Spirit, you do not have those other voices. If you do, you need to examine the validity of your salvation.

God will never leave you nor forsake you. He is with you always. Unless YOU choose to walk away. Unless YOU choose not to listen. Unless YOU choose to put the cares of this world over His Will. His plan and purpose for your life. He is with you always. Be with Him always. Trust in Him to know better than you. Learn to listen to that voice. Understand what that voice is. Who that voice is. He is there for you.

Have you been adopted into the Family of God? If not, say this Prayer. Right now. Wherever you may be. Say it in your own words, and do not doubt in your heart. God will hear you. He will send the Spirit of Life to you. Let us Pray.

"Oh heavenly Father, Lord God. I am a sinner. I know this. I know there is nothing I can do to change that. But I know you can. I accept Jesus's sacrifice for me. I believed He rose from the dead. I repent my sins. Please send the Spirit of Adoption into my life. Help me to get to know the real you. Save me. Please. In the name of Jesus, Amen!"

That's it. It is that simple. Now go tell someone what you have just done. "That if you shall confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in your heart that God hath raised him from the dead, You shall be saved." Romans 10:9. You need to find a Church that God leads you to and be Baptized the way Jesus said to be. You are now a Child of God. A New Creature. You "have put off the old man with his deeds, and have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him."Colossians 3:10

The email, if you wish to contact me, is truthbygod1@gmail.com

May the comfort of the Holy Ghost, and the peace of our Lord Jesus, be with you all. May God bless and be with you, always.

Until next time, be blessed, be a blessing, and Jesus is Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Getting to Know "The Force" 8

The Final is the  essence or meaning of something, A thing's core quality or nature The Hebrew word Ruach is translated as "Spirit&...