Sunday, October 1, 2023

Dealing With The Unsaved, False Witness

 Are you greater than Jesus? 



Yes, I’m asking you this question. Are you Jesus? For the next two times we get together, today and next time, we will be talking about the unsaved people who just flat-out hate you. But even if they do not hate you totally, they will lie about you. They will say all sorts of things. They will accuse you of all sorts of things. How should you respond?

Well, as a child of God, we should take the way Jesus did as an example. How did He respond?
"Now the chief priests and the whole council were seeking false testimony against Jesus that they might put him to death, but they found none, though many false witnesses came forward. At last two came forward and said, “This man said, ‘I am able to destroy the temple of God, and to rebuild it in three days.’” And the high priest stood up and said, “Have you no answer to make? What is it that these men testify against you?” But Jesus remained silent." Matthew 26:59-63
Now, why do you think He remained silent? Usually, people's first reaction is to defend themselves and even counterattack the person or people attacking them. I know I have. Especially if you are innocent. Someone accuses you of something and your first reaction is to go to war. Clear your name. ETC.

Jesus did not do this. He remained silent. Why? Because He was innocent. He did not need to prove it to those who were with Him and who witnessed Him and His life. They should have known better. He did not have to prove Himself to His Father. His Father knows Him.

It would be like someone coming to me and telling me that my son Joshua was harassing girls, stealing money, and eating spaghetti while high in the cafeteria. I would tell them to go pound sand and stop lying about my son. Why? I know him. I know his heart. I know nearly all his friends and female. It is not in his nature to steal. He doesn't do drugs. I saw him puke after taking a sip of alcohol once. And I know he is not eating spaghetti in the cafeteria because he HATES spaghetti. Yeah I know, I do not get that either. But he does.

God said this about Jesus.
"This is my beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased." Matthew 3:17
And again God said,
"This is my beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased; listen to him." Matthew 17:5
God knows His Son. He knows that the allegations are false. Jesus does not have to do or say anything. Here is some good news for you. God knows you. Jesus even warned us that people WILL make false accusations and allegations against us. He warned us that they would lie about us and even hate us. Why? Because we are now His.
Blessed are you when others revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely on my account. Rejoice and be glad, for your reward is great in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you." Matthew 5:11-12
Jesus warned us plainly.
"You will be hated by all for my names sake." Luke 21:17
As I said, we will talk about those who hate us and are our sworn enemies next time. Today we are just talking about responding to those false allegations. What should we do? How should we respond?

President George W. Bush was constantly under attack by those who hated him. He was constantly criticized by those on the right for not defending himself. He said something to the effect that he felt it was beneath the Office of the President to do so. He also said that it would not matter what he said, the haters were going to hate him no matter what and those that support him know better. Wise words.

Jesus said this.
"If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before it hated you. If you were of the world, the world would love you as its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you. Remember the word that I said to you: ‘A servant is not greater than his master.’ If they persecuted me, they will also persecute you. If they kept my word, they will also keep yours. But all these things they will do to you on account of my name because they do not know him who sent me." John 15:18-21
They hated Him first. We are not greater than Him. Why would you think they would not lie about us? Why would they not hate us? Of course, they will. Why? " Because they do not know him who sent me." They do not know God.

Remember when Jesus was talking to the religious folks and holier-than-thou folks of His time?
"Why do you not understand what I say? It is because you cannot bear to hear my word. You are of your father the devil, and your will is to do your father's desires. He was a murderer from the beginning and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks out of his own character, for he is a liar and the father of lies. But because I tell the truth, you do not believe me. Which one of you convicts me of sin? If I tell the truth, why do you not believe me? Whoever is of God hears the words of God. The reason why you do not hear them is that you are not of God.” John 8:43-47
Notice this little difference that some may miss here. Jesus did not say, "Why do you spread lies about me?" He said, "Which one of you convicts me of sin?" He said, Who can prove all the things you claim about me? Because no one can.

We are told to live our lives for God. Be the light of the world.
"In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven." Matthew 5:16
If people get to know you, they get to know your character, and your actions show them your heart, then they will understand. If they hear some people start spreading lies about you, you will not need to convince them. They already know better. Defend yourself against someone who hates you and is trying to hurt you? They will never hear you. Never accept you. Never apologize. Your Father in Heaven? He knows you and your heart. Jesus told us that when this happens, we should what?
"Rejoice and be glad"
Rejoice and be glad? Yes. Why?
"They persecuted the prophets who were before you."
We are in Good Company. And
"If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before it hated you."
Think about this also, more on this next time, but, if you are not doing the will of God? If you are not doing the words of Jesus? If you are not trying to share the Word of God? They will not hate you. They would accept you as one of their own. But if they are attacking you. Lying about you and hating on you, for no other reason than Jesus? You are doing it right. You are producing fruit. You may not even know you are but you are.

Also, think about this. You are a child of God. Are YOU engaging in this type of behavior? This is why God made this the ninth Commandment.
“Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor.”
It is not harmless gossip. It can lead to people losing their jobs, marriages breaking up, and even people committing suicide from it. As a child of God, you have no place in doing this.

As for those that are doing it to you? Do not waste your time defending yourself against false allegations. It is a waste of time. Your silence may even become more powerful than anything you can say or do. In the end? The only one you need to be concerned with how they feel about you is GOD.

The only way you can truly find peace amid false allegations is the peace of the Holy Spirit in you. If you have not already done so, you need to ask Jesus into your life, then say this Prayer. Right now. Wherever you may be. Say it in your own words, and do not doubt in your heart. God will hear you. He will send the Spirit of Life to you. Let us Pray.

"Oh heavenly Father, Lord God. I am a sinner. I know this. I know there is nothing I can do to change that. But I know you can. I accept Jesus's sacrifice for me. I believed He rose from the dead. I repent my sins. Please send the Spirit of Adoption into my life. Help me to get to know the real you. Save me. Please. In the name of Jesus, Amen!"

That's it. It really is that simple. Now go tell someone what you have just done. "That if you shall confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in your heart that God hath raised him from the dead, You shall be saved." Romans 10:9. You need to find a Church that God leads you to and be Baptized the way Jesus said to be. You are now a Child of God. A New Creature. You "have put off the old man with his deeds, and have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him."Colossians 3:10

Brand new Email if you wish to contact me, it's truthbygod1@gmail.com

May the comfort of the Holy Ghost, and the peace of our Lord Jesus, be with you all. May God bless and be with you, always.

Until next time, be blessed, be a blessing, and Jesus is Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book of Mark, Chapter 2

 Chapter 2 Jesus Heals a Paralytic 1 And when he returned to Capernaum after some days, it was reported that he was at home. 2 And many were...