Sunday, May 28, 2023

Raising Children, Witchcraft

 Yes. Witchcraft is real. 


Welcome, today. Today we continue our series, “Raise Kids in Today’s Reality.” I’m going to let you know right off the bat that this will be heavy in the Word of God. A lot of Bible verses will be shared. Why? Because most do not believe that witchcraft is real. From “Sabrina the Teenage Witch,” to “Harry Potter” witchcraft is portrayed as real, fun, and exciting. Other shows like “Medium,” Physic Detectives,” and “Millennium,” portray people with psychic abilities that use their “gifts” to help people. I know, they also had a show that made the devil look like a good guy. I get entertainment. I also understand that if you do not warn your children that witchcraft is very real and God warns us to stay away from it, they may get sucked right into a tool of the devil.
“Do not turn to mediums or necromancers; do not seek them out, and so make yourselves unclean by them: I am the Lord your God.” Leviticus 19:31
They are not your friend. They are not there to help you. They are not going to connect you to long-lost loved ones or tell you about your future. Is God serious about this?
“If a person turns to mediums and necromancers, whoring after them, I will set my face against that person and will cut him off from among his people.” Leviticus 20:6
Yes, God is serious. I want you to think about this for a second. I am my children’s father. I love them and I warn them about things that may cause them harm. Am I going to warn them about the giant people eater that will come and eat them if they do not honor it in some way? No. Why? Because it is not real. It does not exist. I’m not going to waste my time warning my children about something that does not exist. God is not warning us about these things because they are made-up nonsense. No, He is warning us because they are real.

Look what the Word declares in the coming age.
“Blessed are those who wash their robes, so that they may have the right to the tree of life and that they may enter the city by the gates. Outside are the dogs and sorcerers and the sexually immoral and murderers and idolaters, and everyone who loves and practices falsehood.” Revelation 22:14-15
Those who practice these things will not enter the Kingdom. They will not receive the gift of salvation. Any doubt?
“But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death.” Revelation 21:8
Look at this warning we receive in Isaiah.
“And when they say to you, “Inquire of the mediums and the necromancers who chirp and mutter,” should not a people inquire of their God? Should they inquire of the dead on behalf of the living?” Isaiah 8:19
Let’s talk about that for a second. Is that “spirit” Grandma? Is it your long-lost Mom looking out for you? Is Grandpa Joe trying to tell you something? The short answer is no. Ghosts are real, but they are not our dead loved ones.

Look what the Word says about people when they die.
“As the cloud fades and vanishes,
so he who goes down to Sheol does not come up;
he returns no more to his house,
nor does his place know him anymore.” Job 7:9-10
And here.
“When his breath departs, he returns to the earth;
on that very day, his plans perish.” Psalm 146:4
Here,
“Yes, we are of good courage, and we would rather be away from the body and at home with the Lord” 2 Corinthians 5:8
Look what Jesus said to the thief that was crucified with Him.
“And he said, “Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom.” And he said to him, “Truly, I say to you, today you will be with me in paradise.” Luke 23:42-43
I understand some will try to argue this point and attempt to make it seem like a contradiction. If Jesus was buried and rose after three days and then many days later ascended to heaven, how could He have been in paradise with the thief? The answer is both simple and difficult for some to understand. After Christ died, it was His body that was buried in the tomb. However, Jesus’s spirit was not in the tomb. Jesus’s spirit was in the Father’s presence. After three days He returned and took up His body again. He raised it from the dead by entering into it one more time. Only God can do that.

Also, look at this other example of the dead appearing to be alive. At the transfiguration.
“And as he was praying, the appearance of his face was altered, and his clothing became dazzling white. And behold, two men were talking with him, Moses and Elijah, who appeared in glory and spoke of his departure, which he was about to accomplish at Jerusalem. Now Peter and those who were with him were heavy with sleep, but when they became fully awake they saw his glory and the two men who stood with him.” Luke 9:29-32
It seems pretty clear that once we die, we go to the grave. Now if you chose to believe “absent the body and present with the Lord,” as it appears to be the case to me, or if you choose to believe that the dead sleep until Jesus returns, either way, you are not running around haunting people.

Evil spirits in this world are the fallen angels who followed Satan in rebellion against God. Satan himself disguises himself as an angel of light, yes they can and do disguise themselves as lost loved ones and if they find an open door, they can and will possess you.

Wicca is a growing religion. Last I checked it was even surpassing Christianity. What is Wicca? It is what you think it is. Witchcraft where you become a real practicing Witch. If you google it you will see the very first entry is “52 spells for beginners.” I actually took the test on one site, in preparation for this message and found out that I’m a “witch” with many “natural abilities.” I have a “deep connection to the spirit realm.” I hope so.

I am connected to God through the Holy Spirit, through my faith in Jesus. Not that I was born a witch and have all this power. However, I will admit, it was a bit entertaining taking the test. I can totally see how someone who may be depressed, or hurting could get sucked into it.

True story, I met a witch. A couple of years ago, we went to NJ and NY on vacation. While in upstate NY we met a witch. She was a very nice and loving lady whole loved Maya. She invited us, and the rest of the campsite to a night fire with food and drink and games for the kids. We went. It was a lot of fun until she started a ceremony. It did not take long to understand it was a witchcraft ceremony. She made this statement that really caught my attention. “I believe in the great mother and Jesus.” Wait, huh?

We stayed so that we did not offend those there. We enjoyed the food and watching Maya play with her new friend, Maya. Then we headed back to our campsite where I explained what we just witnessed and the fact that this is not ok.

The next day, I tried talking with this lady who said she did believe in the Bible until she “Realized that I am gay and the bible is not for me.” So she found a religion that “Suited me and is something I can believe in.”

God warns His people against making "his son or his daughter pass through the fire." Human sacrifice,” in modern terms, this as equal to Abortion. Divination is the practice of seeking knowledge of the future or the unknown by supernatural means."Observer of Times,” same as astrology or stargazing. It is another form of divination. This also includes horoscopes or anything that takes the place of God's direction in your life. An enchanter, a magician; or a sorcerer. One who casts spells; or bewitches. A Witch is a person who practices magic. One who deals with demonic spirits. It does not matter if they practice “black” or “white” magic. There is no such thing as good magic.

A charmer is someone who can put a spell on someone or change things by the use of magic. A consulter with familiar spirits. A Medium who believes, or wants you to believe, they are contacting the dead. A wizard. A male witch, a sorcerer, a magician, or a conjurer. One who uses magic to have control over another person; also someone who uses magic to change nature. A necromancer. A person who claims they have spoken with those who have died already. Contact is made for magical and fortune-telling purposes.

The supernatural is REAL. Witches are REAL. Wizards, mediums, and psychics are REAL. Oh, of course, I would be willing to bet you that for every real one, there are a hundred phonies. Scam artists just trying to milk you out of your money. But there are REAL ones. However, that is NOT Grandma you are talking to. Especially if Grandma was a child of God when she passed.

Again, just like you would not waste your time warning your Children against things that are not real, things that cannot hurt them, your Heavenly Father will not warn you against things that are not real, things that cannot hurt you. He teaches us, His children these things, and we should be teaching our the same.

Without Jesus, they may find these things very seductive and fall into traps. Teach them to pray this prayer. Right now. Wherever you may be. Say it in your own words, and do not doubt in your heart. God will hear you. He will send the Spirit of Life to you. Let us Pray.

"Oh heavenly Father, Lord God. I am a sinner. I know this. I know there is nothing I can do to change that. But I know you can. I accept Jesus's sacrifice for me. I believed He rose from the dead. I repent my sins. Please send the Spirit of Adoption into my life. Help me to get to know the real you. Save me. Please. In the name of Jesus, Amen!"

That's it. It really is that simple. Now go tell someone what you have just done. "That if you shall confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in your heart that God hath raised him from the dead, You shall be saved." Romans 10:9.
You need to find a Church that God leads you to and be Baptized the way Jesus said to be. You are now a Child of God. A New Creature. You "have put off the old man with his deeds, and have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him."Colossians 3:10

May the comfort of the Holy Ghost, and the peace of our Lord Jesus, be with you all. May God bless and be with you, always.

Until next time, be blessed, be a blessing, and Jesus is Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book of Mark, Chapter 2

 Chapter 2 Jesus Heals a Paralytic 1 And when he returned to Capernaum after some days, it was reported that he was at home. 2 And many were...