Sunday, April 16, 2023

Jesus vs God

 Jesus is God


Someone tells you, that there is a man, his name is Peter, and he will bless you with many blessings. They tell you that this Peter is at 123 Lucky Ave. and here are the directions. There is only one way in and one way out. Then they tell you that all you have to do to get those blessings is go to Peter and ask.

Now when some hear this, they say “I do not believe you.” Some say, “I do not want to go that way, I will find another.” Some will say, “I want the blessing, but it cannot be that easy, so we will make up a bunch of dos and don’ts that make sense to us, and we will teach them to those who we want to be with us.” Some will say, “Ok. I believe in all you tell me, except this. I do not believe that Peter is the only one I can get his blessings from. I heard there are others and I like what they say about them. I will find my own Peter.”

Let’s look at some of the things people say.

“I do not believe you.” Well, sorry? Some things are true if you believe them or not.

“I do not want to go that way, I will find another.” Sorry, but there is only one way.

“I want the blessing, but it cannot be that easy, so we will make up a bunch of dos and don’ts that make sense to us, and we will teach them to those who we want to be with us.” Nope. All you have to do is ask because it is not about you, it is about him. His love for you.

“Ok. I believe in all you tell me, except this. I do not believe that Peter is the only one I can get his blessings from. I heard there are others and I like what they say about them. I will find my own Peter.” How will you ever find Peter, if you leave out Peter?

These are some of the things people say about God.

“I do not believe you.” Well, sorry? Some things are true if you believe them or not.

“I do not want to go that way, I will find another.” Sorry, but there is only one way.
“Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” John 14:6
There is no other way. Jesus said HE is the way to God, life, and salvation. He is the Gate or Door, John 10:7, The Light of the world, John 8:12, The resurrection and life. Look here,
“Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, though he dies, yet shall he live,” John 11:25
Jesus said he was here before even Abraham was.
Your father Abraham rejoiced that he would see my day. He saw it and was glad.” So the Jews said to him, “You are not yet fifty years old, and have you seen Abraham?” Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I am.” John 8:56-58
There is no other way. Without Jesus, you can never find a way to God. It does not matter what you may have heard or even if you believe there is another way, There is not.

“I want the blessing, but it cannot be that easy, so we will make up a bunch of dos and don’ts that make sense to us, and we will teach them to those who we want to be with us.” It is not about you.
“For while we were still weak, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly. For one will scarcely die for a righteous person, though perhaps for a good person, one would dare even to die, but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.” Romans 5:6-8
We did nothing to earn it. We did nothing to deserve it. He did. He did it all. Out of His love for us. This is why religion is NOT salvation. Look what Jesus said about religion.
“Then Pharisees and scribes came to Jesus from Jerusalem and said, “Why do your disciples break the tradition of the elders? For they do not wash their hands when they eat.” He answered them, “And why do you break the commandment of God for the sake of your tradition? For God commanded, ‘Honor your father and your mother,’ and, ‘Whoever reviles father or mother must surely die.’ But you say, ‘If anyone tells his father or his mother, “What you would have gained from me is given to God,” he need not honor his father.’ So for the sake of your tradition, you have made void the word of God.”
Think about that for a second. That really is religion. We take the Word of God, and we pick and chose what we want to follow and what we want to ignore. Then we create religions to teach these things. Remember, He is talking to religious folks here. Priests, and such.
You hypocrites! Well did Isaiah prophesy of you, when he said:
“‘This people honors me with their lips,

but their heart is far from me;

in vain do they worship me,

teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.’” Matthew 15:1-9
Teaching as doctrines, the commandments of men.” Just because you may be following the traditions of men, doesn't mean you are following God's Word. Or HIS teachings. This is why we are taught in God’s Word that,
“For by grace, you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast.” Ephesians 2:8-9
There is nothing you can DO to earn your way to heaven. You can be a good little Muslim, Jew, Buddhist, or even Christian. This does not mean you are saved and on your way to heaven. There is only one way, Jesus. If you do not have Jesus, your religion is worthless and false. Sorry, not sorry. Not an opinion, or a concept. It is simply the truth.
 
“Ok. I believe in all you tell me, except this. I do not believe that Peter is the only one I can get his blessings from. I heard there are others and I like what they say about them. I will find my own Peter.”

I know sounds ridiculous right? But people say this all the time.

“Ok. I believe in all you tell me, except this. I do not believe that Jesus is the only one I can get his blessings from. I heard there are others and I like what they say about them. I will find my own God.”

Jesus IS God. How can you get to God, if you leave out God? Look at this quote.

“The deity of Christ is the key doctrine of the scriptures. Reject it, and the Bible becomes a jumble of words without any unifying theme. Accept it, and the Bible becomes an intelligible and ordered revelation of God in the person of Jesus Christ.” J. Oswald Sanders

In Exodus 3, Moses asked God what His name was, and God answered, “I AM WHO I AM.” Exodus 3:14. Remember what Jesus said to those who claimed He was making Himself more important that the Jewish Patriarch Abraham? He said “I AM” He called Himself by the Jewish name of God. This is why they tried to stone Him. He called Himself, God. Yes, Jesus did indeed call Himself God, regardless of what you may have heard.

Isaiah told us who Jesus would be LONG before Jesus came to earth. He said this.
“For to us a child is born, to us, a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder, and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.” Isaiah 9:6
You cannot get to God, if you leave out Jesus, because Jesus IS God. There is no other way, no other truth, no other life. If you leave out Jesus, you will never truly find God.
“See to it that no one takes you captive by philosophy and empty deceit, according to human tradition, according to the elemental spirits of the world, and not according to Christ. For in him, the whole fullness of deity dwells bodily, and you have been filled in him, who is the head of all rule and authority.” Colossians 2:8-10
Have you decided? Have you come to understand that it is only through faith in Jesus that you can even possibly be saved? Have you accepted Him into your life? Would you like to? Say this Prayer. Right now. Wherever you may be. Say it in your own words, and do not doubt in your heart. God will hear you. He will send the Spirit of Life to you. Let us Pray.

"Oh heavenly Father, Lord God. I am a sinner. I know this. I know there is nothing I can do to change that. But I know you can. I accept Jesus's sacrifice for me. I believed He rose from the dead. I repent my sins. Please send the Spirit of Adoption into my life. Help me to get to know the real you. Save me. Please. In the name of Jesus, Amen!"

That's it. It really is that simple. Now go tell someone what you have just done. "That if you shall confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in your heart that God hath raised him from the dead, You shall be saved." Romans 10:9. You need to find a Church that God leads you to and be Baptized the way Jesus said to be. You are now a Child of God. A New Creature. You "have put off the old man with his deeds, and have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him."Colossians 3:10

May the comfort of the Holy Ghost, and the peace of our Lord Jesus, be with you all. May God bless and be with you, always.

Until next time, be blessed, be a blessing, and Jesus is Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book of Mark, Chapter 2

 Chapter 2 Jesus Heals a Paralytic 1 And when he returned to Capernaum after some days, it was reported that he was at home. 2 And many were...