Sunday, October 2, 2022

2 Peter 1, Part 2

 We are freed, blessed, and obligated. 



Hello, welcome today. Today we will be continuing our in-depth study of Peter's letter to the Jewish Christians, and as we discussed last time, this includes us, in 2 Peter 1. I encourage you to read all of 2 Peter 1 for yourself if you have not yet, but we will be concentrating on 2 Peter 1:3-4
"His divine power has granted to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of him who called us to his own glory and excellence, by which he has granted to us his precious and very great promises, so that through them you may become partakers of the divine nature, having escaped from the corruption that is in the world because of sinful desire." 2 Peter 1:3-4
I know that is a really long sentence packed full of information there. It is also very good news, and we should take it as such. Let's start at the beginning.
"His divine power has granted to us all things that pertain to life and godliness,"
Who? God. Who? Jesus. Who? The Holy Spirit. They are all three, yet they are all one. Here is a really short message about the Trinity.
"In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth. The earth was without form and void, and darkness was over the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters." Genesis 1:1-2
In the beginning, is God, and as we read in 2, His Spirit. Where was Jesus?
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was at the beginning with God. All things were made through him, and without him was not anything made that was made." John 1:1-3
Then?
"And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth." John 1:14
Jesus, Himself told us plainly.
"Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I am." John 8:58
Where do we come in? And if there is still any doubt in your mind.
If you love me, you will keep my commandments. And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Helper, to be with you forever, even the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees him nor knows him. You know him, for he dwells with you and will be in you. I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. Yet a little while and the world will see me no more, but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live. On that day you will know that I am in my Father, and you in me, and I in you. Whoever has my commandments and keeps them, he it is who loves me. And he who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and manifest myself to him.” John 14:15-21
Then in verse 23, we read this.
If anyone loves me, he will keep my word, and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him."
First Jesus kept saying "I" When talking about the Holy Spirit. He said "I" Then in verse 23? Read that again. "If anyone loves me, he will keep my word, and my Father will love him, and WE will come to him and make OUR home with him." What is He saying? Remember, OUR means three or more. Jesus said WE will make OUR abode with him. The very real person Jesus, the very real person Holy Spirit, and even God Himself will live in us.

This is the "divine power," a better "life." As a matter of fact, Jesus even tells us this.
"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly. " John 10:10
This is the "divine power," a better "life." This is "godliness,"

Not because of us. There is nothing we can do to achieve this. This is all about God. All about Jesus. Where do we learn to become closer to God, and learn more about who Jesus really is? The Holy Spirit.
"through the knowledge of him who called us to his own glory and excellence, by which he has granted to us his precious and very great promises,"
It is ONLY through Him that we can receive His promises. There is no other way. No religion can save you. No good work can save you. No amount of anything, without Jesus, can do anything for you. Simply put,
"And this is the testimony, that God gave us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have life." 1 John 5:12
If you leave out God, how do you imagine being able to come to God? Even Isaiah told us who Jesus will be. He said this.
"For to us a child is born, to us, a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder, and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace." Isaiah 9:6
We all know John 3 16-18
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him. Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God."
Simply put, WHOEVER, ANYONE, EVERYONE, all-inclusive. Anyone that accepts Jesus is adopted into the family of God and into Salvation. WHOEVER, ANYONE, EVERYONE, that does not accept Jesus, does not make it to heaven. He who has the Son has life, and he who does not have the Son has not. It is only through Him
"so that through them you may become partakers of the divine nature, having escaped from the corruption that is in the world because of sinful desire."
Paul puts it this way in his letter to the Romans.
"For the mind that is set on the flesh is hostile to God, for it does not submit to God's law; indeed, it cannot. Those who are in the flesh cannot please God. You, however, are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if in fact, the Spirit of God dwells in you. Anyone who does not have the Spirit of Christ does not belong to him. But if Christ is in you, although the body is dead because of sin, the Spirit is life because of righteousness." Romans 8:7-10
If you want the assurance of "salvation," "blessings," "divine power," and a better "life," with ANY hope to have any kind of "godliness," it is only through Jesus and the knowledge of God's Word. There is no other way.

Do you know Jesus as your Savior? Have you been adopted into the Family of God? If not, say this Prayer. Right now. Wherever you may be. Say it in your own words, and do not doubt in your heart. God will hear you. He will send the Spirit of Life to you. Let us Pray.

"Oh heavenly Father, Lord God. I am a sinner. I know this. I know there is nothing I can do to change that. But I know you can. I accept Jesus's sacrifice for me. I repent my sins. Please send the Spirit of Adoption into my life. Help me to get to know the real you. Save me. Please. In the name of Jesus, Amen!"

That's it. It really is that simple. Now go tell someone what you have just done. "That if you shall confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus, and shall believe in your heart that God hath raised him from the dead, you shall be saved." Romans 10:9. You need to find a Church that God leads you to and be Baptized the way Jesus said to be. You are now a Child of God. A New Creature. You "have put off the old man with his deeds, and have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him."Colossians 3:10

If you want to tell me, comment, question, give testimonials, or just say "Hi," the Email is opntalk@gmail.com

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen. {2 Corinthians 13}

Until next time, be blessed, be a blessing, and Jesus IS the Lord of all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book of Mark, Chapter 2

 Chapter 2 Jesus Heals a Paralytic 1 And when he returned to Capernaum after some days, it was reported that he was at home. 2 And many were...