Sunday, July 3, 2022

You Can Do Nothing.

He did it all


 

We just got done talking about "bad company." We talked about how we must separate from them and join together with good company. We talked in that series about how some choose to go it alone. You should never do that. If you do, you become really open to misunderstanding and or even falsehoods. The problem with being on your own is that there is no one to correct you and show you the truth.

One of the biggest falsehoods or misunderstandings is this. You have to find God. You have to do this or that, and try to be a good person, or you will not make it to heaven. This is completely false.

First, you will never find God. You do not even have a clue where to look. Second? Jesus already did it.

God let us know that this day would be coming.
“Come now, let us reason together, says the Lord: though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red like crimson, they shall become like wool.” Isaiah 1:18
Now God promised this to us even though we were sinners, in the middle of our sins. Remember, we were so bad He almost wiped us all out. Noah found favor in His eyes, so he spared mankind and gave us a second chance through him. But look here.
"The LORD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth and that every intention of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually." Genesis 6:5
This was right before the flood. Then a little bit later we read this.
"Then Noah built an altar to the LORD and took some of every clean animal and some of every clean bird and offered burnt offerings on the altar. And when the LORD smelled the pleasing aroma, the LORD said in his heart, “I will never again curse the ground because of man, for the intention of man’s heart is evil from his youth. Neither will I ever again strike down every living creature as I have done. While the earth remains, seedtime and harvest, cold and heat, summer and winter, day and night, shall not cease.”" Genesis 8:20-22
We have been evil and sinned for a very long time. We would deserve to be wiped out again. However, God made His promise to Noah. This is what the rainbow is by the way. Read this as a side note.
"Behold, I establish my covenant with you and your offspring after you, and with every living creature that is with you, the birds, the livestock, and every beast of the earth with you, as many as came out of the ark; it is for every beast of the earth. I establish my covenant with you, that never again shall all flesh be cut off by the waters of the flood, and never again shall there be a flood to destroy the earth.” And God said, “This is the sign of the covenant that I make between me and you and every living creature that is with you, for all future generations: I have set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be a sign of the covenant between me and the earth. When I bring clouds over the earth and the bow is seen in the clouds, I will remember the covenant that is between me and you and every living creature of all flesh. And the waters shall never again become a flood to destroy all flesh. When the bow is in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is on the earth.” God said to Noah, “This is the sign of the covenant that I have established between me and all flesh that is on the earth." Genesis 9:9-17
Time went on. God gave us His Law. We broke it. He sent us messages, we ignored, abused, and killed them. Then He, left with no choice, laid down His Godhood and came to earth for the sole purpose of allowing us to? Ignore, abuse, and kill Him. Why? Because we earned it? By no means.
“But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.” Romans 5:8
We deserved and we earned a place in hell. We deserve and we have earned the right to be wiped out as we were in the flood. It is only by His grace and His mercy that we are not. It is only because of His love for us, that He did what He did. And He did it all.
“He is the radiance of the glory of God and the exact imprint of his nature, and he upholds the universe by the word of his power. After making purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high…” Hebrews 1:3
He is the reason, that even though we still sin daily. He is the reason we are forgiven.
“My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you may not sin. But if anyone does sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous. He is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the sins of the whole world.” 1 John 2:1-2
Of course, we should strive to be the best we can be. Because of what Jesus did for us, we should try the best we can to live a life that He would be proud of. One where we serve others. One where we put God first in our lives. God, family, then work, and everything else. Many get this wrong. But life is not that of simply working for years just to pay bills and retire on a couch sipping coffee or tea, or adult beverages and drift off to the afterlife.

Jesus said this.
"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly." John 10:10
First, God created you. You are the way you are because God said so. However, you are born of sin, through sin, and sin lives in you. Yet, God loves you so much that He calls you out to accept Him and His plan and purpose for you and your life. If you accept, if you believe, then He loves you so much that He adopts you into His family. Then, as you go about His business and do what He asks you to do, He goes before you and makes a way. When you have completed the race? When the time comes for you to end your time on this earth? He will welcome you into paradise.

This is the formula. This is the way. It is all about, all by, and all God. I am very sorry. I understand this may offend some. But there is no other way. You can do nothing to earn your way to heaven. There is ONE GOD. Jesus is the ONE WAY. There is no Religion, faith, god, belief system, or any other way to get to heaven than Jesus. It does not matter if you believe in Him, believe in the Bible, believe in heaven or hell or not. They are all real. Your belief, and or acceptance, has no bearing on the reality of their existence but has everything to do with your participation.

Walmart exists. Someone can come to me and tell me of this place called Walmart. They can give me directions to go there. They can explain that they have everything I could need from food, clothes, and house goods. Whatever my needs are, as long as I follow their way, go in their assigned entrances, and use cash, or credit, I will reap the benefits. If I do not believe them? I do not ever have to go. I can choose to not believe. I can choose to never try to even find out if what they are telling me is true. That does not change the fact that Walmart is real and everything I was told is true. Truth is what it is. Regardless of your acceptance, or belief, it just is. What they told me is true.

We can literally do nothing. We literally know nothing. With the exception of what God had told us in His word. The good news is this. We do not have to. He already did it for us. His last words on the cross, before going home?
"So when Jesus had received the sour wine, He said, “It is finished!” And bowing His head, He gave up His spirit." John 19:30
All you have to do is believe. After this? Then you should go about your Father's business and love one another. Then and because of what He did, you should go forth and spread the gospel. You should go forth and clothe the naked, heal the sick, and set the captives free. Because of what He did. Not in the vain attempt to go it alone.

Do you know Jesus as your Savior? Have you been adopted into the Family of God? If not, say this Prayer. Right now. Wherever you may be. Say it in your own words, and do not doubt in your heart. God will hear you. He will send the Spirit of Life to you. Let us Pray.

"Oh heavenly Father, Lord God. I am a sinner. I know this. I know there is nothing I can do to change that. But I know you can. I accept Jesus's sacrifice for me. I believed He rose from the dead. I repent my sins. Please send the Spirit of Adoption into my life. Help me to get to know the real you. Save me. Please. In the name of Jesus, Amen!"

That's it. It really is that simple. Now go tell someone what you have just done. "That if you shall confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in your heart that God hath raised him from the dead, You shall be saved." Romans 10:9. You need to find a Church that God leads you to and be Baptized the way Jesus said to be. You are now a Child of God. A New Creature. You "have put off the old man with his deeds, and have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him."Colossians 3:10

If you want to tell me, comment, question, give testimonials, or just say "Hi," the Email is opntalk@gmail.com

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen. 2 Corinthians 13


Until next time, be well, be blessed, and Jesus IS Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book of Mark, Chapter 2

 Chapter 2 Jesus Heals a Paralytic 1 And when he returned to Capernaum after some days, it was reported that he was at home. 2 And many were...