Sunday, June 26, 2022

Come Together, Good Company

Come together, over Him. 


This is not a Church. This is a building. 


This is the Church. The People are the Church. Say Hi to Pastor Jason Ginn, Ascent Church at 4175 SE Cove Rd, Stuart Fl, 34997. If you are in the area at 9 or 10:45 am on Sunday? Stop by. You will be blessed. The people, in the building, on a public beach, where I believe this photo was taken at a beach baptism, in a private residence, anywhere where the people of God, the children of God meet, THAT is the church.
"For where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I among them." Matthew 18:20
Do you think He is together with those who have come together for the purpose of fleshly desires? No. Do you think He is there to talk with you, guide you, bless you, in the middle of your sin? No. Remember, we are talking about this.
“Do not be deceived: “Bad company ruins good morals.” Wake up from your drunken stupor, as is right, and do not go on sinning. For some have no knowledge of God. I say this to your shame.” 1 Corinthians 15:33-34
If you have accepted Jesus, if you have repented your sins and your sinful ways, you may have to walk away from those who have not.
"He that walketh with wise men shall be wise: but a companion of fools shall be destroyed." Proverbs 13:20
And here
Proverbs 14:7 "Go from the presence of a foolish man, when thou perceivest not in him the lips of knowledge."
Why? Because if you stay with those who have not repented, they are still living a life of sin. The life you used to know and do. It is as natural for them as it was once for you. If you do not separate from them, you will fall back into sin. But coming apart from them and your old life is not enough.

You cannot go it alone. Sorry, you really cannot.
“And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near. For if we go on sinning deliberately after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins,” Hebrews 10:24-26
Do you know one of the biggest things people find when they join AA or seek out therapy of some sort? One of the common reactions is comfort, that they are not alone. They realize that others are facing similar temptations and troubles.

The church is the same way. You will find many people in the church have been through or are facing things you are facing. You will learn that others are struggling and some have overcome this or that. You will find that if you have a need, there will be someone who steps up and offers you assistance.

Do you know the problem with being left alone? You are left alone. There is no one there to care. No one is there to teach you a better way. No one to laugh with. No one to cry with. Need a hug? Believe it or not, it really is hard to hug yourself and make it meaningful.

No, you need to find a church God leads you to, and be blessed by those there.

When I first received the gift of salvation, I knew nothing really. Oh, I knew Jesus loves me. I know He died for me. But I knew nothing really more than that. I started reading the Word, and I understood some, but I had questions about other things. I heard about all these "contradictions" and I heard about the Bible being nothing more than a work of fiction. I heard about the stories of Jesus rising from the dead are fantasy and impossible.

I heard all these things from people outside of the church. Some of them made some compelling arguments. Some of them sounded like they knew what they were talking about. Some of them tried to convince me, "out of love," that it is all nonsense and a waste of my time.

I started to go to church. I joined a group of believers. I learned that the Bible says this.
"Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God." Colossians 3:16
I learned that the Bible says this.
"For God has not destined us for wrath, but to obtain salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ, who died for us so that whether we are awake or asleep we might live with him. Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing." 1 Thessalonians 5
I started to ask my questions. I started to listen to those more mature in faith than I. Do you know what I found out? I learned there are no contradictions. No, not one. There are misinterpretations, misunderstandings, and outright twisting of scriptures. But not one single contradiction. I learned that the Bible is the very LIVING Word of God. That it is living and it gives life. God can speak directly to whomever He chooses through His Word. He can also speak to you through others. I learned that Jesus did indeed rise from the dead and is alive and well today. He is the great I am. I learned this.
"And if Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile and you are still in your sins. Then those also who have fallen asleep in Christ have perished. If in Christ we have hope in this life only, we are of all people most to be pitied.

But in fact, Christ has been raised from the dead, the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep. For as by a man came death, by a man has come also the resurrection of the dead. For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ shall all be made alive. But each in his own order: Christ the firstfruits, then at his coming those who belong to Christ." 1 Corinthians 15:17-23
Then I learned that the entire Bible, including the old testament, is all about Jesus. An example? Isaiah 53. Even though it sounds like the writer was writing about his witness to Jesus and His life, it was written some 700 years before the birth of Jesus.

I did not know this prior. I learned that no matter how many times you read the Bible, you will get different things out of it. I learned that others who came before me could guide me in better directions.

I remember one day walking into Ascent Church. Which is at 4175 SE Cove Rd, Stuart Fl, 34997. If you are in the area at 9 or 10:45 am on Sunday? Stop by. You will be blessed. I walked into the building and this Godly woman Mary came up and gave me a hug. It was a real hug. It was a loving hug. A meaningful hug. I'm telling you something here, If Mary hugs you, and tells you she loves you and she is praying for you? There is no doubt about it. I have walked into that building in various states of being. Happy, sad, more and more depressed. Depression is real folks. It does not really matter who you are. But when Mary hugs you? Yeah. Peace and comfort come over you.

You do not get moments like this alone. I listened to the Pastor teach on various topics. I started to have a better understanding by hearing the Word. I learned this too.
"So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ." Romans 10:17
"Well, I can watch that TV Preacher. I do not have to actually go to a church."

That TV Preacher? He does not know you. No one in that ministry knows who you are. They do not know what you are going through. They have no way of knowing if you are happy or sad. They do not even really care about you to tell you the truth. They care about numbers and revenue to keep their ministries on the air.

When you join a local church. They know when you are there. They know when you are not. They know when you are happy and when you are sad. They truly do care about you. It is not just the Pastor. It is the Marys. The Johns. The Peters. It is the friendships you make and the people that become family.

They are there to celebrate with you. They are there to cry with you. They are there to do life with you. You cannot get that alone. You cannot get that from that TV Preacher. You cannot get that in any other way.

Yes. If you stay with that bad company, you will reap what they sow. Your morals will be chipped away and you will fall back into sin. Yes, if you go it alone, you will not grow and will not reap the benefit of the family God is calling you to. Yes, if you do listen to God, and allow Him to lead you to the Church He wants you to be a part of, you will find good company, love, and kindness, and a new family that loves you and wants to do life with you. Do not neglect this precious gift.

Do you know Jesus as your Savior? Have you been adopted into the Family of God? If not, say this Prayer. Right now. Wherever you may be. Say it in your own words, and do not doubt in your heart. God will hear you. He will send the Spirit of Life to you. Let us Pray.

"Oh heavenly Father, Lord God. I am a sinner. I know this. I know there is nothing I can do to change that. But I know you can. I accept Jesus's sacrifice for me. I believed He rose from the dead. I repent my sins. Please send the Spirit of Adoption into my life. Help me to get to know the real you. Save me. Please. In the name of Jesus, Amen!"

That's it. It really is that simple. Now go tell someone what you have just done. "That if you shall confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in your heart that God hath raised him from the dead, You shall be saved." Romans 10:9. You need to find a Church that God leads you to and be Baptized the way Jesus said to be. You are now a Child of God. A New Creature. You "have put off the old man with his deeds, and have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him."Colossians 3:10

If you want to tell me, comment, question, give testimonials, or just say "Hi," the Email is opntalk@gmail.com

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen. 2 Corinthians 13

Until next time, be blessed, be a blessing, and Jesus is Lord!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book of Mark, Chapter 2

 Chapter 2 Jesus Heals a Paralytic 1 And when he returned to Capernaum after some days, it was reported that he was at home. 2 And many were...