Wednesday, November 24, 2021

Book of Isaiah, Chapter 46

 Chapter 46


The Idols of Babylon and the One True God

1 Bel bows down; Nebo stoops;

    their idols are on beasts and livestock;

these things you carry are borne

    as burdens on weary beasts.

2 They stoop; they bow down together;

    they cannot save the burden,

    but themselves go into captivity.


3 “Listen to me, O house of Jacob,

    all the remnant of the house of Israel,

who have been borne by me from before your birth,

    carried from the womb;

4 even to your old age I am he,

    and to gray hairs I will carry you.

I have made, and I will bear;

    I will carry and will save.


5 “To whom will you liken me and make me equal,

    and compare me, that we may be alike?

6 Those who lavish gold from the purse,

    and weigh out silver in the scales,

hire a goldsmith, and he makes it into a god;

    then they fall down and worship!

7 They lift it to their shoulders, they carry it,

    they set it in its place, and it stands there;

    it cannot move from its place.

If one cries to it, it does not answer

    or save him from his trouble.


8 “Remember this and stand firm,

    recall it to mind, you transgressors,

9     remember the former things of old;

for I am God, and there is no other;

    I am God, and there is none like me,

10 declaring the end from the beginning

    and from ancient times things not yet done,

saying, ‘My counsel shall stand,

    and I will accomplish all my purpose,’

11 calling a bird of prey from the east,

    the man of my counsel from a far country.

I have spoken, and I will bring it to pass;

    I have purposed, and I will do it.


12 “Listen to me, you stubborn of heart,

    you who are far from righteousness:

13 I bring near my righteousness; it is not far off,

    and my salvation will not delay;

I will put salvation in Zion,

    for Israel my glory.”



No comments:

Post a Comment

Book of Mark, Chapter 2

 Chapter 2 Jesus Heals a Paralytic 1 And when he returned to Capernaum after some days, it was reported that he was at home. 2 And many were...