Sunday, April 11, 2021

BEING a Child of God, Peace in The Storms

Peace in the Storms,



We just got done talking about the fact that BEING a child of God means doing God's Work. Not just saying "hey, I got mine, all is good." But doing the Will of the Father and obeying what He said. Salvation is not free. Oh, you did not pay for it. You could never afford it. Jesus paid for it for you. Then He said this.
"Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age." Matthew 28:19-20
We were never meant to simply say the prayer of salvation and be content on living our lives the way we always have, in sin and ending in death. Life is FAR more than working for someone for hours on end and getting paid to pay bills. This is not life. When you accept Jesus, you accept the one who said this.
"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly." John10:10
How does serving God, and doing good works, equal a more abundant life? We are going to look at the three most predominant ways this manifests itself in the lives of children of God.

1 - Peace,
2 - Your needs meant,
3 - Rewards, Retirement.

One of the first things you need to understand is this. There is a storm coming. This is a sad reality. You just came out of, are in one now, or there is a storm coming. Jesus said this during His famous Sermon on the Mount.
"Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are you when others revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely on my account. Rejoice and be glad, for your reward is great in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you." Matthew 5:10-12
James even goes as far as to tell us to be HAPPY when trials and tribulations come In James 1:2-12
"Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds."
Wait. Did he just say count it all joy? Yes. Yes, he did. He said to call it all joy when trials and tribulations, aka life storms, come into your life. Why?
"for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him. But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea that is driven and tossed by the wind. For that person must not suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways.

Let the lowly brother boast in his exaltation, and the rich in his humiliation, because like a flower of the grass he will pass away. For the sun rises with its scorching heat and withers the grass; its flower falls, and its beauty perishes. So also will the rich man fade away in the midst of his pursuits.

Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial, for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life, which God has promised to those who love him."
Now, this next part is very important. James went on in verse 13 to say this,
"Let no one say when he is tempted, “I am being tempted by God,” for God cannot be tempted with evil, and he himself tempts no one. But each person is tempted when he is lured and enticed by his own desire. Then desire when it has conceived gives birth to sin, and sin, when it is fully grown, brings forth death.

Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change. Of his own will, he brought us forth by the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures."
This is why it is so important to be doers of the Word and not hearers only.
"Know this, my beloved brothers: let every person be quick to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger; for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God. Therefore put away all filthiness and rampant wickedness and receive with meekness the implanted word, which is able to save your souls.

But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves. For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man who looks intently at his natural face in a mirror. For he looks at himself and goes away and at once forgets what he was like. But the one who looks into the perfect law, the law of liberty, and perseveres, being no hearer who forgets but a doer who acts, he will be blessed in his doing.

If anyone thinks he is religious and does not bridle his tongue but deceives his heart, this person's religion is worthless. Religion that is pure and undefiled before God the Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their affliction and to keep oneself unstained from the world." James 1
So again, we learn that it is important, for one to not only hear the Word but to do it. To seek out God's purpose and plan for your life. To step out of the world and the norm, so to speak, and serve God. However, make no mistake about it, just because you are now a child of God, and you have set your mind to do His works, you are not in for a smooth and free ride. Want proof?

Let's look at Paul. Seriously? Paul was Saul before he was converted. Equal to a jihadist in every way. Then Jesus appeared before him and asked him to follow Him. He said "Yes" and became Paul. So great a Saint that he wrote a lot of the New Testament that we read today. Did he have trials and tribulations? Did he have storms to face in his life in doing God's work? I guess you could say that.

Put in prison, over and over. Faced death, over and over. Received 39 lashes from the Jews 5 times. Beaten with rods 3 times. Stoned one time. Shipwrecked 3 times. Spent a day and night in the sea. And was in continual danger from rivers, robbers, his own people. Was always in danger in the city, in the country, at sea, from those he thought to be brothers. Often hungry and thirsty, cold and naked. I guess you could say he had some trials and tribulations. You can find his account in one of his letters to the Church at Corinth. 2 Corinthians 11:23-28

However, Jesus told us this as well.
"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid. " John 14:27
What does He mean? He explained it to us in John 14:18-24
"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. Yet a little while and the world will see me no more, but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live. In that day you will know that I am in my Father, and you in me, and I in you. Whoever has my commandments and keeps them, he it is who loves me. And he who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and manifest myself to him.” Judas (not Iscariot) said to him, “Lord, how is it that you will manifest yourself to us, and not to the world?”Jesus answered him, “If anyone loves me, he will keep my word, and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him. Whoever does not love me does not keep my words. And the word that you hear is not mine but the Father's who sent me."
Now notice a couple of important points here. Jesus said, "In that day you will know that I am in my Father, and you in me, and I in you." I in you. Jesus in you. Then He said, "I will love him and manifest myself to him." Again who? Jesus. Then this "If anyone loves me, he will keep my word, and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him." WE will come. OUR home with him. Who? Jesus., the Holy Spirit, God Himself. They come to you, manifest themselves, or Himself, to you. Picture this.
"One day he got into a boat with his disciples, and he said to them, “Let us go across to the other side of the lake.” So they set out, and as they sailed he fell asleep. And a windstorm came down on the lake, and they were filling with water and were in danger. And they went and woke him, saying, “Master, Master, we are perishing!” And he awoke and rebuked the wind and the raging waves, and they ceased, and there was a calm. He said to them, “Where is your faith?” And they were afraid, and they marveled, saying to one another, “Who then is this, that he commands even winds and water, and they obey him?" Luke 8:22-25
You are in the boat. He told you to go forth. There is a storm. He is not somewhere far away, He is right there with you. He has all authority and all power and control over all things. Why worry about the storm? The one who calms storms by a command is right there in it with you. He is so unconcerned He decided to take a nap. What are you worrying about?

Is He in the boat with you? Do you know Jesus as your Savior? Have you been adopted into the Family of God? If not, say this Prayer. Right now. Wherever you may be. Say it in your own words, and do not doubt in your heart. God will hear you. He will send the Spirit of Life to you. Let us Pray.

"Oh heavenly Father, Lord God. I am a sinner. I know this. I know there is nothing I can do to change that. But I know you can. I accept Jesus's sacrifice for me. I believed He raised from the dead. I repent my sins. Please send the Spirit of Adoption into my life. Help me to get to know the real you. Save me. Please. In the name of Jesus, Amen!"

That's it. It really is that simple. Now go tell someone what you have just done. "That if you shall confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus, and shall believe in your heart that God hath raised him from the dead, you shall be saved." Romans 10:9. You need to find a Church that God leads you to and be Baptized the way Jesus said to be. You are now a Child of God. A New Creature. You "have put off the old man with his deeds, and have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him."Colossians 3:10

If you want to tell me, or comment, question, give testimonials, or just say "Hi," the Email is opntalk@gmail.com

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen. 2 Corinthians 13


Until next time, be blessed, be a blessing, and Jesus is Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book of Mark, Chapter 2

 Chapter 2 Jesus Heals a Paralytic 1 And when he returned to Capernaum after some days, it was reported that he was at home. 2 And many were...