Sunday, February 21, 2021

Why The Bible is Truth, Jesus

 The Coming Messiah 


Welcome, today. Today we have a very special deal for ya. We are giving away a twofer. That's right. we are giving you a two for one. We will do both, prove the Bible true, and prove that there can be no one else, other than Jesus, who is the Messiah. The Messiah that was predicted to come, and did. Living His life in accordance to the fulfillment of scripture.

Did you know that the entire Bible is all about Jesus? Yup. The Old Testament as well as the New. You may have heard it this way, In Genesis, Jesus is the Ram at Abraham’s altar. In Exodus, He’s the Passover Lamb. In Leviticus, He’s the High Priest. In Numbers, He’s the Cloud by day and Pillar of Fire by night. In Deuteronomy, He’s the City of our refuge. In Joshua, He’s the Scarlet Thread out Rahab’s window. In Judges, He is our Judge. In Ruth, He is our Kinsman Redeemer, In 1st and 2nd Samuel He’s our Trusted Prophet, And in Kings and Chronicles, He’s our Reigning King. In Ezra, He’s our Faithful Scribe. In Nehemiah, He’s the Rebuilder of everything that is broken. And in Esther, He is the Mordecai sitting faithfully at the gate. In Job, He’s our Redeemer that ever lives. In Psalms, He is my Shepherd and I shall not want. In Proverbs and Ecclesiastes, He’s our Wisdom. And in the Song of Solomon, He’s the Beautiful Bridegroom. In Isaiah, He’s the Suffering Servant. In Jeremiah and Lamentations, it is Jesus that is the Weeping Prophet. In Ezekiel, He’s the Wonderful Four-Faced Man. In Daniel, He is the Fourth Man in the midst of a fiery furnace. In Hosea, He is my Love that is forever faithful. In Joel, He baptizes us with the Holy Spirit. In Amos, He’s our Burden Bearer. In Obadiah our Savior. And in Jonah, He is the Great Foreign Missionary that takes the Word of God into all the world. In Micah, He is the Messenger with beautiful feet. In Nahum, He is the Avenger. In Habakkuk, He is the Watchman that is ever praying for revival. In Zephaniah, He is the Lord mighty to save. In Haggai, He is the Restorer of our lost heritage. In Zechariah, He is our Fountain. And in Malachi, He is the Sun of Righteousness with healing in His wings.

It goes on to talk about the New Testament as well, though that is pretty easy to see that is all about Him. But if you have time and are curious, I encourage you to check out the in-depth study we did here about this topic. Today we are going to highlight just a basic few.

Where would the Messiah, now known as to be Jesus, be born?
"But you, O Bethlehem Ephrathah, who are too little to be among the clans of Judah, from you shall come forth for me one who is to be ruler in Israel, whose coming forth is from of old, from ancient days." Micah 5:2
The Book of Daniel predicted the time when Jesus would be born. Daniel lived more than 500 years before the birth of Jesus. Nevertheless, God revealed to Daniel information that would make it possible to pinpoint the time when Jesus would be anointed, or appointed, as the Messiah or Christ. Daniel was told this.
"Know therefore and understand that from the going out of the word to restore and build Jerusalem to the coming of an anointed one, a prince, there shall be seven weeks. Then for sixty-two weeks, it shall be built again with squares and moat, but in a troubled time." Daniel 9:25
In an extremely simplified way of understanding this, a week is not 7 days in this case, but rather 7 years. If we count from 455 B.C.E., a period of 483 years takes us to the year 29 C.E. That was exactly the year when Jesus was baptized and became the Messiah! see Luke 3:1, 2, 21, 22

The Messiah will be born of a virgin.
"Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign. Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel." Isaiah 7.14
I know I know, I'm going to upset someone. Sorry. No, not really sorry. But if your messiah has an earthly mother and an earthly father, he is NOT the Messiah predicted in the Bible. Was Jesus? Matthew 1:18-21
"Now the birth of Jesus Christ took place in this way. When his mother Mary had been betrothed to Joseph, before they came together she was found to be with child from the Holy Spirit. And her husband Joseph, being a just man and unwilling to put her to shame, resolved to divorce her quietly. But as he considered these things, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream, saying, “Joseph, son of David, do not fear to take Mary as your wife, for that which is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit. She will bear a son, and you shall call his name Jesus, for he will save his people from their sins.”
Now we know the story of Jesus and His life on earth. But look how beautifully it is described here. Almost like the writer was painting a picture of Jesus.
"Who has believed what he has heard from us?
And to whom has the arm of the Lord been revealed?
For he grew up before him like a young plant,
and like a root out of dry ground;
he had no form or majesty that we should look at him,
and no beauty that we should desire him.
He was despised and rejected by men,
a man of sorrows and acquainted with grief;
and as one from whom men hide their faces
he was despised, and we esteemed him not.

Surely he has borne our griefs
and carried our sorrows;
yet we esteemed him stricken,
smitten by God, and afflicted.
But he was pierced for our transgressions;
he was crushed for our iniquities;
upon him was the chastisement that brought us peace,
and with his wounds we are healed.
All we like sheep have gone astray;
we have turned—every one—to his own way;
and the Lord has laid on him
the iniquity of us all.

He was oppressed, and he was afflicted,
yet he opened not his mouth;
like a lamb that is led to the slaughter,
and like a sheep that before its shearers is silent,
so he opened not his mouth.
By oppression and judgment he was taken away;
and as for his generation, who considered
that he was cut off out of the land of the living,
stricken for the transgression of my people?
And they made his grave with the wicked
and with a rich man in his death,
although he had done no violence,
and there was no deceit in his mouth.

Yet it was the will of the Lord to crush him;
he has put him to grief;
when his soul makes an offering for guilt,
he shall see his offspring; he shall prolong his days;
the will of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.
Out of the anguish of his soul he shall see and be satisfied;
by his knowledge shall the righteous one, my servant,
make many to be accounted righteous,
and he shall bear their iniquities.
Therefore I will divide him a portion with the many,
and he shall divide the spoil with the strong,
because he poured out his soul to death
and was numbered with the transgressors;
yet he bore the sin of many,
and makes intercession for the transgressors."
Absolutely spot-on picture of Jesus and His life. This was Isaiah 53. Isaiah wrote this some 700 years before the birth of Jesus. Not a recap of His life, but a full-on prediction, with every detail proven true.

How about 30 pieces of silver? Zechariah 11:12-13
"Then I said to them, “If it seems good to you, give me my wages; but if not, keep them.” And they weighed out as my wages thirty pieces of silver. Then the Lord said to me, “Throw it to the potter”—the lordly price at which I was priced by them. So I took the thirty pieces of silver and threw them into the house of the Lord, to the potter."
Matthew 27: 3
records this.
"Then when Judas, his betrayer, saw that Jesus was condemned, he changed his mind and brought back the thirty pieces of silver to the chief priests and the elders, saying, “I have sinned by betraying innocent blood.” They said, “What is that to us? See to it yourself.”And throwing down the pieces of silver into the temple, he departed, and he went and hanged himself. But the chief priests, taking the pieces of silver, said, “It is not lawful to put them into the treasury since it is blood money.” So they took counsel and bought with them the potter's field as a burial place for strangers. Therefore that field has been called the Field of Blood to this day. Then was fulfilled what had been spoken by the prophet Jeremiah, saying, “And they took the thirty pieces of silver, the price of him on whom a price had been set by some of the sons of Israel, and they gave them for the potter's field, as the Lord directed me.”
How about the way Jesus, the Messiah, would be to die? Palm 22
Why Have You Forsaken Me?
To the choirmaster: according to The Doe of the Dawn. A Psalm of David.
"My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?
Why are you so far from saving me, from the words of my groaning?
O my God, I cry by day, but you do not answer,
and by night, but I find no rest.

Yet you are holy,
enthroned on the praises of Israel.
In you our fathers trusted;
they trusted, and you delivered them.
To you they cried and were rescued;
in you they trusted and were not put to shame.

But I am a worm and not a man,
scorned by mankind and despised by the people.
All who see me mock me;
they make mouths at me; they wag their heads;
“He trusts in the Lord; let him deliver him;
let him rescue him, for he delights in him!”

Yet you are he who took me from the womb;
you made me trust you at my mother's breasts.
On you was I cast from my birth,
and from my mother's womb you have been my God.
Be not far from me,
for trouble is near,
and there is none to help.

Many bulls encompass me;
strong bulls of Bashan surround me;
they open wide their mouths at me,
like a ravening and roaring lion.

I am poured out like water,
and all my bones are out of joint;
my heart is like wax;
it is melted within my breast;
my strength is dried up like a potsherd,
and my tongue sticks to my jaws;
you lay me in the dust of death.

For dogs encompass me;
a company of evildoers encircles me;
they have pierced my hands and feet
I can count all my bones—
they stare and gloat over me;
they divide my garments among them,
and for my clothing they cast lots.

But you, O Lord, do not be far off!
O you my help, come quickly to my aid!
Deliver my soul from the sword,
my precious life from the power of the dog!
Save me from the mouth of the lion!
You have rescued me from the horns of the wild oxen!

I will tell of your name to my brothers;
in the midst of the congregation I will praise you:
You who fear the Lord, praise him!
All you offspring of Jacob, glorify him,
and stand in awe of him, all you offspring of Israel!
For he has not despised or abhorred
the affliction of the afflicted,
and he has not hidden his face from him,
but has heard, when he cried to him.

From you comes my praise in the great congregation;
my vows I will perform before those who fear him.
The afflicted shall eat and be satisfied;
those who seek him shall praise the Lord!
May your hearts live forever!

All the ends of the earth shall remember
and turn to the Lord,
and all the families of the nations
shall worship before you.
For kingship belongs to the Lord,
and he rules over the nations.

All the prosperous of the earth eat and worship;
before him shall bow all who go down to the dust,
even the one who could not keep himself alive.
Posterity shall serve him;
it shall be told of the Lord to the coming generation;
they shall come and proclaim his righteousness to a people yet unborn,
that he has done it.
Jesus quoted on the cross Matthew 27
"Now from the sixth hour, there was darkness over all the land until the ninth hour. And about the ninth hour Jesus cried out with a loud voice, saying, “Eli, Eli, lema sabachthani?” that is, “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?” And some of the bystanders, hearing it, said, “This man is calling Elijah.” And one of them at once ran and took a sponge, filled it with sour wine, and put it on a reed and gave it to him to drink. But the others said, “Wait, let us see whether Elijah will come to save him.” And Jesus cried out again with a loud voice and yielded up his spirit."
More details in Mark 15:21-39, Luke 23:26-49

Legs not broken Psalm 34:20
"He keeps all his bones;
not one of them is broken."
Pierced in His side. Zechariah 12:10
“And I will pour out on the house of David and the inhabitants of Jerusalem a spirit of grace and pleas for mercy, so that, when they look on me, on him whom they have pierced, they shall mourn for him, as one mourns for an only child, and weep bitterly over him, as one weeps over a firstborn."
Everyone from historians and New Testament writers confirms the fulfillment: Jesus of Nazareth died on a Roman cross, and his extraordinarily quick death eliminated the need for the usual breaking of bones. A spear was thrust into his side to verify that he was, indeed, dead. One of the most amazing things about this is that David wrote this some 600 years before Crucifixion was even invented.

It has been calculated that the odds of one person being able to fulfill just eight of the over 400 prophecies which Jesus fulfilled, as greater than, 10¹⁷. The 22nd Psalm alone contains 17 predictions regarding the death of the Messiah. The probability that Jesus could fulfill these 17 prophecies which David vividly described, is beyond any possibility that He did so by accident. The fact that Jesus fulfilled all 17 of David’s predictions in the 22nd Psalm, demands that we acknowledge Him as the intended subject of these prophecies. But He did not just fulfill these, He fulfilled all 400 plus. Proving both, the Bible, and Jesus, to be true.

Do you know Jesus as your Savior? Have you been adopted into the Family of God? If not, say this Prayer. Right now. Wherever you may be. Say it in your own words, and do not doubt in your heart. God will hear you. He will send the Spirit of Life to you. Let us Pray.

"Oh heavenly Father, Lord God. I am a sinner. I know this. I know there is nothing I can do to change that. But I know you can. I accept Jesus's sacrifice for me. I believed He raised from the dead. I repent my sins. Please send the Spirit of Adoption into my life. Help me to get to know the real you. Save me. Please. In the name of Jesus, Amen!"

That's it. It really is that simple. Now go tell someone what you have just done. "That if you shall confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in your heart that God hath raised him from the dead, You shall be saved." Romans 10:9. You need to find a Church that God leads you to and be Baptized the way Jesus said to be. You are now a Child of God. A New Creature. You "have put off the old man with his deeds, and have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him."Colossians 3:10

If you want to tell me, or comment, question, give testimonials, or just say "Hi," the Email is opntalk@gmail.com

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen. 2 Corinthians 13

Until next time, be blessed, be a blessing, and Jesus is Lord!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book of Mark, Chapter 2

 Chapter 2 Jesus Heals a Paralytic 1 And when he returned to Capernaum after some days, it was reported that he was at home. 2 And many were...