Thursday, November 26, 2020

Happy Thanksgiving 2020

 I know, 


I know it seems like an oxymoron. Happy anything 2020. But it is still the day that most people have set aside to give thanks to God. You may not think about it much right now, but you do have many things to give thanks about. Here are some of the things I am thankful for.
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him. Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God." John3:16-18
Yes, the world shut down. Toilet paper was hard to come by. But?
"There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus." Romans 8:1
Yes, schools closed down and parents had to try to juggle work if they still had a job, and helping the kiddie learn from home. However?
"For you did not receive the spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you have received the Spirit of adoption as sons, by whom we cry, “Abba! Father!” The Spirit himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, and if children, then heirs heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, provided we suffer with him in order that we may also be glorified with him." Romans 8:15-18
Yes. we just had a turbulent and some say rigged election. However?
"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. Yet a little while and the world will see me no more, but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live. In that day you will know that I am in my Father, and you in me, and I in you. Whoever has my commandments and keeps them, he it is who loves me. And he who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and manifest myself to him.” John 14:18-21
He has indeed blessed me.

I'm alive.

I have a loving wife who takes good care of me and holds my hand through this life. 

I have three, basically, four counting my niece, beautiful children that have enriched my life.

I have an opportunity and honor to serve in a local church and to share messages here. 

I have the honor and privilege to know without question, I AM a child of God.

No matter what happens here on earth in this time, I know that there comes a day when I, and all those who have accepted God's plan of salvation, will leave this place and go to a far better one. There is nothing to fear.

Jesus said this.
"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly." John 10:10
Do you want that? It really is as simple as saying this prayer. Right now, wherever you are. All you have to do is mean it in your heart. Let's pray.

"Oh heavenly Father, Lord God. I am a Sinner. I know this. I know there is nothing I can do to change that. But I know you can. I accept Jesus and His Sacrifice for me. I believe that He raised from the Dead. I repent my Sins. Please send the Spirit of Adoption into my life. Help me to get to know the real you. Save me. Please. In the name of Jesus, Amen!"

We have EVERYTHING to be thankful for. If you have never said that prayer before, or you have made a decision to come back into the family. Maybe you wondered off for a bit. Maybe you have never been taught to take this seriously. Maybe you just feel the tug of God. Whatever the case is, you can always start by thanking Him that you are alive. Thank Him that you woke up this morning. Thank Him for your very next breath. Thank Him for Jesus. Thank Jesus for His sacrifice. Never forget, without God, it is impossible. But not with God. For with God, all things are possible.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost be with you all. Amen. {2 Corinthians 13}

Until next time, be Blessed, be a Blessing, and Jesus is Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book of Mark, Chapter 2

 Chapter 2 Jesus Heals a Paralytic 1 And when he returned to Capernaum after some days, it was reported that he was at home. 2 And many were...