Sunday, October 11, 2020

Learning From Experience, The Bible

The Bible




Hello, welcome today. Today we are going to start a new series entitled "Learning from Experience." The easiest and most natural way for us to learn is from experience. Hit your thumb with a hammer. Hurts. Don't do that again. On purpose anyway. Toothaches? Not fun. So we brush our teeth. We go to the dentist. You get the point. We really do not need anyone to tell us if we touch a hot stove we could get burned. If we have and did.

We will talk more about this concept of learning from our own personal experiences soon. However, we, as children of God, have an extreme advantage over everyone else. Yes, we learn from our own experiences. We also learn from our family. Fellow brothers and sisters that have been through life and the process before us. Then again, God is our Father. The Creator of the Universe, the Alpha, and Omega, the great I Am, is now your Daddy.

I have three children. I love them with all my heart. I try to teach them the best things for them. Things to not only keep them safe but to make things easier and more enjoyable while they are here on the earth. I teach them things like not touching a hot stove. I know what happens if they do. 

Do not play in traffic. Do not touch the hot stove. Do not play with matches. Do not jump off the roof. Eat these kinds of food and get 8 hours of sleep. Say your prayers and trust in God. Always try to be kind. You can be blessed by simply blessing someone else.

Do I tell my kids these things to make their lives boring, or more difficult? No, I teach my kids the best things because I seek the best things for them. God is our Daddy. He loves us. He seeks the best things for us. He gave us this. {Holding up the Bible} His Word.
"For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart." Hebrews 4:12
Some look at this as a list of don'ts. Some of it is. Don't steal. Don't lie. Don't murder. Sounds like stuff I say to my kids. Don't cheat on the one you love. Do unto others as you would like them to do to you. Greater to give than to receive. Yeah, there are some don'ts. There are also some dos.

What this is. is a living conversation between us, and our Daddy.
"The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge; fools despise wisdom and instruction." Proverbs 1:7
God corrects those He loves {Hebrews 12:7} and shows us the best ways for us to go. He treats us as His children. If He warns us of something in His Word, like a good parent does to their child, He is doing it for our good and for our protection. We may like the idea of doing something, but He knows that the end result of us doing it is death. Like our kids playing with a loaded gun. Sin is just like that loaded gun. It will go off at some point if we pull the trigger enough, and the end result can be our death.

Jesus tells us this.
"Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." Matthew 11:29-30
He also tells us this.
"Jesus answered, “My teaching is not my own. It comes from the one who sent me." John 7:16
We do not have to suffer the same fate as others. We do not have to travel down that wide and straight path that leads to hell. Jesus made it easy to understand when He tells us this.
"Everyone who comes to me and hears my words and does them, I will show you what he is like: he is like a man building a house, who dug deep and laid the foundation on the rock. And when a flood arose, the stream broke against that house and could not shake it, because it had been well built. But the one who hears and does not do them is like a man who built a house on the ground without a foundation. When the stream broke against it, immediately it fell, and the ruin of that house was great." Luke 6:47-49
There is no mystery nor trouble that we can face that Jesus has not already overcome. There is nothing that is going to happen to you, that has not already happened. The Word tells us this in 1 Corinthians 10:13.
"No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation, he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it."
We do not have to be surprised or have fear of anything. We are children of God. God is our Daddy. We just need to learn from Him. His Word. Through the Holy Spirit who God gives us and who teaches us all things and brings all things to our remembrance that Jesus told us {John 14:26}

This is why Jesus says this to us in John 14:21
"Whoever has my commandments and keeps them, he it is who loves me. And he who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and manifest myself to him."
We do not have to learn what happens if we have Pride firsthand. We see the devil and his fall. We do not have to wonder about the sin of homosexuality and failing to help the poor and needy. We read about Sodom and Gomorrah. We do not have to learn firsthand about adultery and murder. We read about King David. Through the Word of God or the Bible, God speaks directly to us. He warns us outright and plainly in many things. Then He gives us examples in the stories of others who have come before us.

We have every answer to any question we can ask, right here in our hands. {Holding up the Bible}There is nothing that we can not answer. There is nothing not known to God. There are no contradictions. No mistakes. No compromising either. Sin is sin. Good is good. There really is a devil and there really is a place called hell. There is also a way to escape it. His name is Jesus.

Do you know Jesus as your Savior? Have you been adopted into the Family of God? If not, say this Prayer. Right now. Wherever you may be. Say it in your own words, and do not doubt in your heart. God will heal you. He will send the Spirit of Life to you. Let us Pray.

"Oh heavenly Father, Lord God. I am a Sinner. I know this. I know there is nothing I can do to change that. But I know you can. I accept Jesus and His Sacrifice for me. I believe that He raised from the Dead. I repent my Sins. Please send the Spirit of Adoption into my life. Help me to get to know the real you. Save me. Please. In the name of Jesus, Amen!"

That's it. It really is just that simple. You need to find a Church that God leads you to and be Baptized the way Jesus said to be. You are now a Child of God. A New Creature. You "have put off the old man with his deeds, and have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him." {Colossians 3:10}

If you want to tell me, or comment, question, give testimonials or just say "Hi," the Email is opntalk@gmail.com

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost be with you all. Amen. {2 Corinthians 13}


Until next time, be Blessed, be a Blessing, and Jesus is Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Biblical Heart Check

 Biblical Heart Check I truly believe this is one of the scariest prayers a human being can pray to God. “Search me, O God, and know my hear...