Sunday, August 2, 2020

Supernatural Is Real

God IS Supernatural 



So is the theory of evolution.

I love the people that say to me things like, "How do you believe in God? How do you believe in all that supernatural stuff in the Bible? How do you not feel silly believing in this invisible God that created the world in six days and sent His Son to die, raising Him from the dead and then promising to raise everyone who believes in His Son from the dead and we will all live forever?" "The supernatural stuff is that of Hollywood magic and fairytale imagination. If you do not want to be seen as, well, ignorant, you may want to keep that to yourself."

This is what we are going to talk about the next few times we get together.

God and the theory of evolution are both supernatural in their very nature.
The Word of God is supernatural.
Evil, hell, and the devil are supernatural and real.
Jesus is supernatural.
You are supernatural.

I have news for you. The supernatural stuff? Yeah, it is real. You have to believe in the supernatural in one form or another, just for the simple fact that there are only two possibilities as to why we are here. God, or evolution. Either one takes a super strong belief in the supernatural. Don't believe me?

I believe,
"In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth." Genesis 1
I believe that there was nothing but God. God created all things. As a painter paints a masterpiece, God created all things from the plants to the tress, from the birds and the fish in the seas. He created the sun the moon and the starts, He created everything near and far. Everywhere you look, you can clearly see. God even created you and me.

When I look at a painting, for the most part? Yeah, I couldn't tell you who the artist was. But I can tell you, without a doubt, there WAS an artist. Why? There is a painting. Was it Andy Warhol? Pablo Picasso? Vincent van Gogh? Leonardo da Vinci? Or was it maybe Michelangelo or Henri Matisse? Chances are, I may not be able to tell you. But we can both clearly agree, there was an artist. Just due to the fact the painting hangs before us.

Look around. Look at the night sky. Watch the Sunrise. Listen to the birds' songs. Smell the flowers. Look at the person sitting next to you or walking by. There is an artist that created this. Just the mere fact that we exist testifies or the fact there is a God.

Evolution? Just to exclude God, it then becomes a flawed, agenda-driven, man-made, junk science. But let's go with it for a second. There is no God. There is nothing. Now we know clearly and with true science, and even simple mathematics, that nothing from nothing is nothing and nothing added to nothing is nothing. Evolution minus God is impossible.

However, like I said we will go with it. So something came from nothing. Ok. Now, this first single-cell thing morphed into everything. Plants and trees, mosquitoes and men, hot-blooded and cold-blooded, all the eyes can see came out of that. We also know due to our studies of DNA that this is simply not possible either. It also does not explain the Sun, moons, and stars, and the vastness of space itself. But of course, believing in an intelligent artistic designer is completely preposterous.

It goes on to tell us the order that God created everything and it also lets us know how He did it. God said, BANG, it was so. The Word even tells us why. John 1:3
"All things were made through him, and without him was not anything made that was made."
God made all things. He made them for Himself. He made us for Himself. Then He gave all this to us. Look at this in Genesis 1
"So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them. And God blessed them. And God said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth and subdue it, and have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over every living thing that moves on the earth.”And God said, “Behold, I have given you every plant yielding seed that is on the face of all the earth, and every tree with seed in its fruit. You shall have them for food. And to every beast of the earth and to every bird of the heavens and to everything that creeps on the earth, everything that has the breath of life, I have given every green plant for food.” And it was so. And God saw everything that he had made, and behold, it was very good. And there was evening and there was morning, the sixth day."
I can hear some of you saying "Six days? Nonsense." Well, first He is God and we are not. His time is not our time. I do not know if it was six of our days, or six of His days, or if six days is to highlight a time period ending in everything resting in which case, we may be on the sixth day as we speak. Remember this.
"But do not overlook this one fact, beloved, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day." 2 Peter 3:8
Or this.
"For a thousand years in your sight are but as yesterday when it is past, or as a watch in the night." Psalm 90:4
God is outside of time. He is omnipotent, omnipresent, and omniscient. He was there in the beginning, He will be there in the end. He is everywhere, and yes, He is watching.
"The eyes of the Lord are in every place, keeping watch on the evil and the good."Proverbs 15:3
Also, read here.
"Where shall I go from your Spirit? Or where shall I flee from your presence? If I ascend to heaven, you are there! If I make my bed in Sheol, you are there! If I take the wings of the morning and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, even there your hand shall lead me, and your right hand shall hold me." Psalm 139:7-10
Maybe it was six of our days. Maybe, it was six thousand years. Maybe it was a time period of which we are living in now. I do not know. But I do know this. There has to be a God because there is a creation. There has to be an artist because we are a work of art. God is real. He is supernatural. He is the one that created the natural. He, therefore, has to be outside of that of which He created. By His very nature, He is supernatural. So is His Word. More on that next time.

Do you know Jesus as your Savior? Have you been adopted into the Family of God? If not, say this Prayer. Right now. Wherever you may be. Say it in your own words, and do not doubt in your heart. God will heal you. He will send the Spirit of Life to you. Let us Pray.

"Oh heavenly Father, Lord God. I am a Sinner. I know this. I know there is nothing I can do to change that. But I know you can. I accept Jesus and His Sacrifice for me. I believe that He raised from the Dead. I repent my Sins. Please send the Spirit of Adoption into my life. Help me to get to know the real you. Save me. Please. In the name of Jesus, Amen!"

That's it. It really is just that simple. Now go tell someone what you have just done. "That if you shalt confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in your heart that God hath raised him from the dead, you shalt be saved." {Romans 10:9} You need to find a Church that God leads you to, and be Baptized the way Jesus said to be. You are now a Child of God. A New Creature. You "have put off the old man with his deeds, and have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him." {Colossians 3:10}

If you want to tell me, or comment, question, give testimonials, or just say "Hi," the Email is opntalk@gmail.com

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost be with you all. Amen. {2 Corinthians 13}


Until next time, be Blessed, be a Blessing, and Jesus is Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book of Mark, Chapter 2

 Chapter 2 Jesus Heals a Paralytic 1 And when he returned to Capernaum after some days, it was reported that he was at home. 2 And many were...