Sunday, November 17, 2019

House of God, You ARE a House for Something

House of God


Goodmorning. When someone says, "House of God," most people picture this above. Big beautiful buildings with Stained Glass and Crosses all over. But this is NOT "The House of God." Here is a more accurate picture of the "House of God."



Do you see it? Look in the Mirror. 
"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own;" 1 Corinthians 6:19
I know I know. I hear some of you right now thinking, "Wait! That is where I draw a line. I have always been told that this is MY BODY! I can do whatever I want to it. I have the 'RIGHT' to do whatever I want. I can smoke, drink, get an Abortion, Plastic Surgery, whatever."

This is true. "Wait!? What? You agree with me?"

Yup. You have free will. But make no mistake about it. You ARE a house to something. Something lives in you. You do not reside in your body alone. Either you are a House of God, or you are the House of demons. "WHAT?!?!? Are you serious?"

Yup. Jesus said this.
When the unclean spirit has gone out of a person, it passes through waterless places seeking rest, but finds none. Then it says, ‘I will return to my house from which I came.’ And when it comes, it finds the house empty, swept, and put in order. Then it goes and brings with it seven other spirits more evil than itself, and they enter and dwell there, and the last state of that person is worse than the first. So also will it be with this evil generation.” Matthew 12:43-45
This is real folks. I know some have a hard time believing in or understanding Spiritual things. But Jesus does not teach against things that do not exist. Nor does He warn against things that are not real.

Remember, we are born into Sin. This means we are born into the dominion of Satan. Our bodies are mere shells. This is not who we are. We are Spiritual Beings. This is our Home. According to the Word, it is also the home of something else.

You have free will. You can indeed do whatever you chose. There is a famous saying that goes like this. "You are free to do anything, as long as you are willing to accept the consequences." This is true. You CAN Rob a Bank if you are willing to go to jail if caught. You CAN play Russian Roulette as long as you accept the fact the one bullet may go off on you.

Yes, you can do whatever you choose. However, do not ever make the mistake in believing that you are your own. You are either a Slave to Sin. Or you are a Slave to God. You are either an Agent of Evil or a Child of God. You either house a demon, or possibly many, or you house the Holy Spirit. Who is that? God. John 14:15-20
If you love me, you will keep my commandments. And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Helper, to be with you forever, even the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive because it neither sees him nor knows him. You know him, for he dwells with you and will be in you."
Read that again. "You know him, for he dwells with you and will be in you." Who? The Holy Spirit. Then Jesus says this.
"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you."
Wait. Who? "I" Who is talking? Jesus. "I {Jesus} will come to you." Then?
"Yet a little while and the world will see me no more, but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live. In that day you will know that I am in my Father, and you in me, and I in you."
Who is in you? Jesus. The Holy Spirit. GOD. More proof? Go to Verse 23
"Jesus answered him, “If anyone loves me, he will keep my word, and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him."
"We will come." Who? Jesus and God the Father. "WE" Then "and make our home with him." "Make OUR home." Who? Jesus and the Father, along with the Holy Spirit. Why? They are all the same person. GOD.

Any Doctor Who fans? You are the TARDIS. You are bigger on the inside. Some of you got it. But it is true. God the Father, Jesus the Son, and the Holy Spirit all come and make their home with you. Remember what Jesus said about the evil spirits? "Then it goes and brings with it seven other spirits more evil than itself, and they enter and dwell there"

Look at this account of Jesus casting out evil spirits.
"And when he saw Jesus from afar, he ran and fell down before him. And crying out with a loud voice, he said, “What have you to do with me, Jesus, Son of the Most High God? I adjure you by God, do not torment me.” For he was saying to him, “Come out of the man, you unclean spirit!” And Jesus asked him, “What is your name?” He replied, “My name is Legion, for we are many." Mark 5:6-9
"Legion, for we are many." You know the story, Jesus allows them to enter the Swine feeding nearby and they ran off a cliff into the sea and drown. There were 2000. So that would indicate that there were 2000 evil spirits living in that one man. You are bigger on the inside. You are home to something. You, and something else. Evil spirits or God Himself. Which do you claim?

If you believe in Jesus, and asked Him to come and set you free from the Slavery of Sin and Death, and you believe He raised from the Dead, you are saved and the demon spirits are evicted. They are cast out. IMMEDIATELY, God comes to you and enters in.

Now stop there a second. We are going to get into building the Temple next time. But think of this. Jesus comes to your house and opens the door. He looks around and sees all the garbage and trash leftover by those that used to party in it. He grabs the freeloaders and evil spirits and casts them out and comes in and CLEANS the House and better than new. Jesus said, "empty, swept, and put in order."

So what now? Now a wise person starts to build on this. A wise person now starts to build God's Temple. From the Foundation of Wisdom and Knowledge, Walls of Faith and Ceiling of Grace and Mercy. As a child of God, you are also the House of God. Time we start to look like it. That is what we will be talking about next time.

Do you know Jesus as your Savior? Have you been adopted into the Family of God? If not, say this Prayer. Right now. Wherever you may be. Say it in your own words, and do not doubt in your heart. God will heal you. He will send the Spirit of Life to you. Let us Pray.

"Oh heavenly Father, Lord God. I am a Sinner. I know this. I know there is nothing I can do to change that. But I know you can. I accept Jesus and His Sacrifice for me. I believe that He raised from the Dead. I repent my Sins. Please send the Spirit of Adoption into my life. Help me to get to know the real you. Save me. Please. In the name of Jesus, Amen!"

That's it. It really is just that simple. Now go tell someone what you have just done. "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." {Romans 10:9} You need to find a Church that God leads you to, and be Baptized the way Jesus said to be. You are now a Child of God. A New Creature. You "have put off the old man with his deeds, and have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him." {Colossians 3:10}

If you want to tell me, or comment, question, give testimonials, or just say "Hi," the Email is opntalk@gmail.com

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost be with you all. Amen.{2 Corinthians 13}


Until next time, be Blessed, be a Blessing, and Jesus is Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book of Mark, Chapter 2

 Chapter 2 Jesus Heals a Paralytic 1 And when he returned to Capernaum after some days, it was reported that he was at home. 2 And many were...