Sunday, August 19, 2018

Calm In Life's Storms

The Storms will come. 


I live in Sunny South Florida. Isn't it a beautiful place to live? Most of the time, it is what? Sunny. Beautiful Weather. Every now and then, we have to deal with a Storm. Some can be pretty bad. But you know what? If I lived in California, I would have to deal with Landslides, Wild Fires, Earth Quakes. Mid West? Tornadoes. North East? Nor'easter. You get the point.

No matter where you live if you wait long enough, a Storm is coming. No matter how perfect the Weather is the rest of the time, something is going to happen. So we have created "Safe Places." Storm Shelters, Fortified Homes, Safe Rooms in Homes. Shelters outside for the Community. ETC.

Life is the same way. It does not matter where you come from. Who you are. What you have in the Bank. Saved or not. Christian, Muslim, Jew, Buddist, or even Athiest, a Storm is coming. Where is your "Safe Place?"

Mine? Psalm 62:7
"In God is my salvation and my glory: the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God."
In this Series, we will discuss some of Life's Storms.

Loss of Family and Friends.
Loss of Job.
Loss of Life.

First, let's talk about the loss of Family and Friends. Oh, this does happen, and could very well, happen to you. Especially if you become a New Creature, Adopted into the Family of God. Remember what we were just discussing? Jesus told us this in Matthew 10:35-39
"Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I have not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I have come to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law. And a person enemies will be those of his own household."
Now first, does Jesus say this out of Vindictiveness or Hate? Does He really mean that He purposely came here to rip Families apart? No. Of course not. What He means is this. Because some will hear and accept the Truth, which is the Gospel, and some will not, there will be a division. Not only will there be a division, but those that do not accept Jesus may very well come to Hate those that do. Even if those people are related.

The Word tells us over and over again, {Matthew 10:22, John 3:19, John 15:18, Romans 1:29-30} just to name a few, that we will be Hated for Jesus Sake. Galatians 4:16 states this.
"So have I become your enemy by telling you the truth?"
Why? Jesus puts it plainly in Luke 11:23
"He that is not with me is against me: and he that gathereth not with me scattereth."
The problem comes in when those that knew you best, those that did things with you, now look at you, and they think that you think, you are now better than them. See, they are still doing those things you use to do, but now you are not. You are trying to show them that there is a better way, but they cannot hear you. They do not want to hear what you have to say. They simply want you to just go away. They feel Judged and Lorded over, even if that is the farthest thing from the Truth.

These are they, it does not matter if they are Related or not, that still have a Carnal Mind or an Earthly Mind. They are not of God and therefore they cannot even hear what you are saying. To them, you are speaking Foolishness. 1 Corinthians 1:18
"For the word of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God."
They cannot get over Jesus Rising from the Dead. 1 Corinthians 1:23
"But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;"
Those that understand the Word, those that have the Spirit of God in them, they understand and receive the Gospel. They understand and receive the Truth of God. They have been Adopted into the FAMILY of God.

So when the Storm of Division comes into your Life, how can you claim?
"In God is my salvation and my glory: the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God."
First, you ARE Saved. In most cases, no matter how sad, or how hard it is to accept, they are not. Second, you are now a Child of God. you have Glory to look forward to. Third, He is your Strength. Never forget,
"Ye are of God, my little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you than he that is in the world." {1 John 4:4}
Now I do understand that this can be a very sad time. Someone you truly love, and Friend of even worse a Family Member, not only turning their back on you but actually coming right out and Hating you, always remember this, they are no longer your Family. You have a new one.
"And a crowd was sitting around him, and they said to him, “Your mother and your brothers are outside, seeking you.” And he answered them, “Who are my mother and my brothers?” And looking about at those who sat around him, he said, “Here are my mother and my brothers! For whoever does the will of God, he is my brother and sister and mother.”" {Mark 3:32-35}
This is the Church. The People are the Body of Christ. Yeah, you may lose your Earthly Mother. Or your Earthly Brother or Sister. Just look at what you receive. You receive all the Mothers, Sisters, Brothers, Fathers, Friends, that are in the Church. In time, if you allow them to, they will become closer to you than your Earthly Family and Friend ever would be.

You never have to fear people walking away. You have a new Family. You are a Child of God,
"and if children, then heirs—heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, provided we suffer with him in order that we may also be glorified with him." {Romans 8:17}
Do you know Jesus as your Savior? Have you been adopted into the Family of God? If not, say this Prayer. Right now. Wherever you may be. Say it in your own words, and do not doubt in your heart. God will hear you. He will send the Spirit of Life to you. Let us Pray.

"Oh heavenly Father, Lord God. I am a sinner. I know this. I know there is nothing I can do to change that. But I know you can. I accept Jesus's sacrifice for me. I repent my sins. Please send the Spirit of Adoption into my life. Help me to get to know the real you. Save me. Please. In the name of Jesus, Amen!"

That's it. It really is that simple. Now go tell someone what you have just done. "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." {Romans 10:9} You need to find a Church that God leads you to, and be Baptized the way Jesus said to be. You are now a Child of God. A new Creature. You "have put off the old man with his deeds, and have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him." {Colossians 3:10}

If you want to tell me, or comment, question, give testimonials, or just say "Hi," the Email is opntalk@gmail.com

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen. {2 Corinthians 13}


Until next time, be blessed, be a blessing, and Jesus IS Lord of all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book of Mark, Chapter 2

 Chapter 2 Jesus Heals a Paralytic 1 And when he returned to Capernaum after some days, it was reported that he was at home. 2 And many were...