Sunday, September 3, 2017

Serving God, Serving Others

It's not about you. 



Last time I made this statement.
"Not only did Jesus, AKA God, go to be Baptized by John the Baptist, wash His Disciples Feet, teaching them that He Himself came to serve us, He went to the Cross without even a thought of stopping it, which He could have easily done. at any time."
When Jesus was asked, "Who will be the Greatest in Heaven?" He answered this way.
"And Jesus called a little child unto him, and set him in the midst of them, And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven. Whosoever, therefore, shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven. And whoso shall receive one such little child in my name receiveth me."
Now, this is a two fold answer. First Jesus says "Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven."

Stop. Why? I have three Kids. I am their Father, they are my Children. I love them unconditionally. They trust me without question. If I were to tell my kids, go up on the roof, jump off, you will fly, they would most like do it without a thought. Why? Daddy said so.

This is the kind of Relationship that God wants to have with each and every one of us. That we see Him as our Father, we are to be His Children and we are to have no fear, no doubt, no question. If God tells us to do something, or that something will happen, then we are to accept that as absolute FACT. Why? Because Daddy said so.

Then Jesus said "And whoso shall receive one such little child in my name receiveth me" Why? Because Children need what? To be Loved, Served, and Taught how to Grow. We are to serve others in the Name of God.

Then we see in three different Books, Jesus tells us plainly
"just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.”"{Matthew 20:28}

"For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.”"{Mark 10:45}
Then in John 13:13-16 Jesus explains it a bit more.
"You call meTeacherandLord,’ and rightly so, for that is what I am. Now that I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also should wash one anothers feet. I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you. Very truly I tell you, no servant is greater than his master, nor is a messenger greater than the one who sent him. Now that you know these things, you will be blessed if you do them."
Jesus was the ultimate example of Humility. Jesus, who has been here from the beginning Genesis 1 on. Some examples, Genesis 1: 26, John 1:1-18, John 5:39, John 8:48-59, Luke 24:27 Just a few. He laid down His Godhood and came to Earth. to do what? Serve. He did not "come to be served, but to serve"

It is in the very service to Others, that God is able to equip you and bless you. It is not about you. It is ALWAYS about serving others. Always. You cannot say you serve God if you are not serving others. Let's look at Matthew 20 a little bit more.
"But Jesus called them unto him, and said, Ye know that the princes of the Gentiles exercise dominion over them, and they that are great exercise authority upon them. But it shall not be so among you: but whosoever will be great among you, let him be your minister, And whosoever will be chief among you, let him be your servant: Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many." {Matthew 20:25-28}
Again, Jesus is using Himself, God, as an example. Remember last time we talked about Serving God by living as an Example. One of the things we, as Children of God, should be doing is imitating Jesus. Jesus even told us that we would do even more than He did. Look at John 14:12–14
"Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever believes in me will also do the works that I do, and greater works than these will he do because I am going to the Father. Whatever you ask in my name, this I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask me anything in my name, I will do it." 
What did Jesus do? Teach, Preach, Show the Way. He came to serve us. He came to serve us to the point of His own Torture, Abuse, and Death. What have you done for your fellow man lately?

Jesus came knowing the end result was all He went through, because of His Love for us. You have a hard time handing someone $5.00 to buy a Sandwich. Let's get real. Sometimes it is even a challenge to get up and go to Church one day a week.

Make no mistake about it. You are to be Serving Others. You, as a Child of God, should be putting others first.
"Do nothing from rivalry or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves." {Philippians 2:3}
We, even Children of God, have the Human trait of Me and Mine First. Or we seek to have respect and admiration of others for our actions. It ought not to be that way with us. We are to Serve God. Which means, God comes first in our lives and it means we should be putting others first before ourselves. To Serve God, Live as an example, and Serve Others.

Do you know Jesus as your Savior? Have you been adopted into the Family of God? If not, say this Prayer. Right now. Wherever you may be. Say it in your own words, and do not doubt in your heart. God will hear you. He will send the Spirit of Life to you. Let us Pray..

"Oh heavenly Father, Lord God. I am a sinner. I know this. I know there is nothing I can do to change that. But I know you can. I accept Jesus's sacrifice for me. I repent my sins. Please send the Spirit of Adoption into my life. Help me to get to know the real you. Save me. Please. In the name of Jesus, Amen!"


That's it. It really is that simple. Now go tell someone what you have just done. "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." {Romans 10:9} You need to find a Church that God leads you to, and be Baptized the way Jesus said to be. You are now a Child of God. A new Creature. You "have put off the old man with his deeds, and have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him." {Colossians 3:10}

If you want to tell me, or comment, question, give testimonials, or just say "Hi," the Email is opntalk@gmail.com

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen. {2 Corinthians 13}

Until next time, be Blessed, be a Blessing, and Jesus IS Lord

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book of Genesis, Chapter 47

  Chapter 47 Jacob's Family Settles in Goshen 1 So Joseph went in and told Pharaoh, “My father and my brothers, with their flocks and he...