Sunday, August 27, 2017

Serving God, Example

"Do as I say, not as I do."


You have heard that before I'm guessing. From your Parents? From a person in charge? Perhaps you have even said it."Do as I say, not as I do." Does this directive work? No. Almost never. Never in the long term. Ever hear this saying? "Sorry, I didn't hear you. I was too busy watching what you were doing."

The latter is most likely the more truthful. Oh you can SAY "Do as I say, not as I do." But that does not mean they will. Children who watch Parents drink are twice as likely to binge on Alcohol. Smoke? Children whose Parents smoked are twice as likely to begin smoking between ages 13 and 21 as Offspring of Nonsmokers.

I remember growing up in my Grandma's House. Grandma Smoked. A lot. I do not remember ever seeing her without one. On the contrary, I can still remember seeing her with a cigarette in her mouth, with this long dangling Ash about to fall off, as she was bending over to tie my shoes as a child. I remember seeing that when she was cooking too. I started Smoking when she passed on. I was 13. Why? Kids learn far more watching what you do, than they will hearing what you say.

Now let me ask you a question. If I go up to you and say God Loves you. Jesus came and died for you. You know. John 3:16
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."
Then I tell you that He is the same Jesus as He always was, and that He will set you free from anything.
"So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed." {John 8:36}
I explain that Jesus said this in Luke 4:18
"The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim liberty to the captives and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty those who are oppressed,"
I can be a compassionate and on fire as I want. You may even like what I'm are saying. I may have opened a door. But then? A little bit later? You come to the local Store and see me buying two 12 packs of Beer. Or you Go to a neighborhood BBQ and see me there Smoking, Drinking, and pretty much raising a little Hell. You know, just "Having Fun." You come over and try to talk to me, but all of a sudden, I seem to never use the name Jesus. After all, this is not the time or the place. After all, this is Soandso's BBQ and they do not believe. I do not want to offend them.

So now what? What do you think the person is gonna think of me? More importantly, what are they gonna think of the Message? Is it real? Is it simply like any other Religion? What is the difference in me, and anyone else out there? Worst yet, what is the difference in me, and them? The lost?

This is why we are told as Children of God, to live for God.
"I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship." {Romans 12:1}
We are to be different. We are to be unique. We should stand out. 2 Corinthians 6:14-18
"Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel? And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you. And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty."
God calls us the "Salt of the Earth" {Matthew 5:13} He calls us "Children of Light" {Ephesians 5:8} He calls us equal to Jesus Christ Himself {Romans 8:14-17} We "have put off the old man with his deeds, and have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him." {Colossians 3:10}

This is why Jesus taught us things like "Turn the other Cheek." and to "Love our Enemies." In Matthew 5:43-48
"Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy. But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same? And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so? Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect."
Jesus Himself was a perfect example. God Himself in the Flesh. Look what He told Peter when Peter cut off Malchus's Ear in Matthew 26:53-54
"Do you think that I cannot appeal to my Father, and he will at once send me more than twelve legions of angels? But how then should the Scriptures be fulfilled, that it must be so?"
Not only did Jesus, AKA God, go to be Baptized by John the Baptist, wash His Disciples Feet, teaching them that He Himself came to serve us, He went to the Cross without even a thought of stopping it, which He could have easily done. at any time.

Who is first in your life? Are you looking to serve yourself or do you serve others? Are you living by Example, or are you attempting to tell people "Do as I say, not as I do?" Can people clear see that you ARE the "Salt of the Earth," "Children of Light," equal to Jesus Christ Himself ? Do they see ANY difference whatsoever?

Do you know Jesus as your Savior? Have you been adopted into the Family of God? If not, say this Prayer. Right now. Wherever you may be. Say it in your own words, and do not doubt in your heart. God will hear you. He will send the Spirit of Life to you. Let us Pray..

"Oh heavenly Father, Lord God. I am a sinner. I know this. I know there is nothing I can do to change that. But I know you can. I accept Jesus's sacrifice for me. I repent my sins. Please send the Spirit of Adoption into my life. Help me to get to know the real you. Save me. Please. In the name of Jesus, Amen!"


That's it. It really is that simple. Now go tell someone what you have just done. "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." {Romans 10:9} You need to find a Church that God leads you to, and be Baptized the way Jesus said to be. You are now a Child of God. A new Creature.

If you want to tell me, or comment, question, give testimonials, or just say "Hi," the Email is opntalk@gmail.com

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen.
{2 Corinthians 13}

Until next time, be Blessed, be a Blessing, and Jesus IS Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book of Genesis, Chapter 47

  Chapter 47 Jacob's Family Settles in Goshen 1 So Joseph went in and told Pharaoh, “My father and my brothers, with their flocks and he...