Sunday, June 25, 2017

Faith and Works Reward

Why Works?



"Why bother. It's not like we are getting paid to do these things. We are not Priests. We are not certified in Ministry. Why would we do these things? Not to mention what people are going to think of us?"

The last one first. Who cares? Seriously, Why do you care? You have just become a Child of God. You are no longer part of this World. The Word declares in 1 Peter 2:11
"Beloved, I urge you as sojourners and exiles to abstain from the passions of the flesh, which wage war against your soul."
In Hebrews 11:13
"These all died in faith, not having received the things promised, but having seen them and greeted them from afar, and having acknowledged that they were strangers and exiles on the earth."
Once you become a Child of God, some in this World WILL hate you. They will fight against you. They may discriminate against you. They may abuse you. Why? You no longer belong to the World, but you now belong to God. James warned us this in James 4:4
"You adulterous people! Do you not know that friendship with the world is enmity with God? Therefore whoever wishes to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God."
Jesus Himself warned us of this in John 15:19
"If you were of the world, the world would love you as its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you."
He also told us this.
"I tell you, my friends, do not fear those who kill the body, and after that have nothing more that they can do. But I will warn you whom to fear: fear him who, after he has killed, has the authority to cast into hell. Yes, I tell you, fear him!" {Luke 12:4-5}
So we should no longer have any concern over what anyone thinks of us. We answer to only one. That is God. Most that will fight against you are already lost and condemned. You should more likely feel sad for them than be afraid of them.

Also, think about this. Are you afraid of those you love the most, thinking bad of you? So in this case, you decide it is a good idea to remain silent about the Fires and Sorrows of Hell that awaits them?

No, no, no. Do not dismiss this. The person you claim to love is walking right to an open Pit. A Fire that will burn the flesh from their bodies. Not once, but forever more. You say nothing? You just watch? Do you let your Kids play in traffic? Do you let them play with Matches? Do they sometimes think you are mean and over protective? Why? Because you love them and want to keep them safe. You do not care what they think at the time. At least they are safe. How much do you TRULY love those you are afraid will think bad things about you?

As for this "We are not Priests." Actually? We are. Turn to 1 Peter 2:5
"You yourselves like living stones are being built up as a spiritual house, to be a holy priesthood, to offer spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ."
Continue in Verse 9
"But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light."
Believe it or not, you ARE a Priest. You ARE a Sower of the Seed. You ARE a Teller of Truth and a Shower of The Way. You ARE an Ambassador of Heaven to the World of the Lost. So this IS what you should be doing.

What about "We are not getting paid." Actually? That is not true either. According to the Word, we are not only going to have our needs met, but we will also have an abundance of reward. If not here and now, most definitely in the time to come. However, Jesus did say this in John 10:10
"The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly."
What happens if you lose something for Jesus's namesake?
"And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or children or lands, for my names sake, will receive a hundredfold and will inherit eternal life." {Matthew 19:29}
So we have nothing to lose. Not really. Not in the long run. Forget for a second the fact that we are talking about Salvation and being Saved from the Pits of Hell and eternal suffering. That alone should be enough for us to WANT to try to Save as many of those we claim to love, that we should feel so grateful that we should WANT to do God's Good Works while we are still here, let's talk about Reward.

First, God DOES see you. He DOES see the Work you are doing. Hebrews 6:10
"For God is not unrighteous to forget your work and labour of love, which ye have shewed toward his name, in that ye have ministered to the saints, and do minister."
WE are so concerned with our Worldly Jobs and ensuring that we have enough Money to reach an age, where we do not have anything to worry about. Three Problems with this thinking. One, and the biggest, Tomorrow is not guaranteed. Jesus addresses this very topic in Luke 12:16-21
"And he told them a parable, saying, “The land of a rich man produced plentifully, and he thought to himself, ‘What shall I do, for I have nowhere to store my crops?’ And he said, ‘I will do this: I will tear down my barns and build larger ones, and there I will store all my grain and my goods. And I will say to my soul, “Soul, you have ample goods laid up for many years; relax, eat, drink, be merry.” But God said to him, ‘Fool! This night your soul is required of you, and the things you have prepared, whose will they be?’ So is the one who lays up treasure for himself and is not rich toward God.”
Jesus told us that we should rather store up Treasures in Heaven.
"Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal, but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."
Too many People spend their entire lives working and saving, trying to stay one step ahead of the Grave and that is in part, what actually puts them there. They miss so much that this life has to offer. I have never heard of a Deathbed confession of regret for not making more money. Rather many crying out for more time with Loved Ones, and time to spend just loving Life itself.

Remember, Jesus takes it PERSONALLY, every time we do or do not, serve others. He told us this in Matthew 25:34-40
"Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.’ Then the righteous will answer him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink? And when did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you? And when did we see you sick or in prison and visit you?’ And the King will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.’"
So to answer your question, YES! You DO get rewarded, or paid, for your good works. YES! You ARE a Priest. YES! As a Child of God, you are REQUIRED to actually DO Good Works. Then again, why would you not WANT to? Look what God did for you, why would you not want to help others to get to understand the Truth, there is most definitely a better way. His name is Jesus.

Do you know Jesus as your Savior? Have you been adopted into the Family of God? If not, say this Prayer. Right now. Wherever you may be. Say it in your own words, and do not doubt in your heart. God will hear you. He will send the Spirit of Life to you. Let us Pray..

"Oh heavenly Father, Lord God. I am a sinner. I know this. I know there is nothing I can do to change that. But I know you can. I accept Jesus's sacrifice for me. I repent my sins. Please send the Spirit of Adoption into my life. Help me to get to know the real you. Save me. Please. In the name of Jesus, Amen!"


That's it. It really is that simple. Now go tell someone what you have just done. "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." {Romans 10:9} You need to find a Church that God leads you to, and be Baptized the way Jesus said to be. You are now a Child of God. A new Creature. You "have put off the old man with his deeds, and have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him." {Colossians 3:10}

If you want to tell me, or comment, question, give testimonials, or just say "Hi," the Email is opntalk@gmail.com

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen. {2 Corinthians 13}

Until next time, be Blessed, be a Blessing, and Jesus IS Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Coming Right Up, Book of Mark

 Let's chat Hey folks, if you have been with us here at TAG, {The Truth According to God} for the past 50 weeks, congratulations, you j...