Sunday, September 11, 2016

Three Most Common Misconceptions About God, Yes, He CAN See You

Yes, God CAN see you...


People have some very strange pictures of God in their heads. First, He is NOT an old bearded man, sitting on a throne, watching your every move, just waiting for you to screw up so He can send you to Hell. Nor is He only God, on Sundays, for an hour or so, when you feel like going. These are not true.. Oh, neither is the "fact" that God cannot look on Sin.

Let's debunk that one first. Most will argue...
"Your eyes are too pure to look on evil; you cannot tolerate wrong" {Habakkuk 1:13}(NIV)
Means that when we Sin, we then somehow step outside of God's presence and He can no longer see what we are doing, or help us in anyway, because He can no longer see us. This is just plain silly and wrong.

Continue verse 13?
"Why then do you tolerate the treacherous? Why are you silent while the wicked swallow up those more righteous than themselves?"
So? Here is another one for ya.
"And God looked upon the earth, and, behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted his way upon the earth." {Genesis 6:12}
Before the Flood. The reason FOR the Flood. After the Flood,
"And the LORD smelled a sweet savour; and the LORD said in his heart, I will not again curse the ground any more for man's sake; for the imagination of man's heart is evil from his youth; neither will I again smite any more every thing living, as I have done." {Genesis 8:21}
God blesses Noah, creates the Death Penalty, and the Rainbow for a sign of the Promise. God said that although we, Mankind, is Evil and the inventions we invent are evil, because of His promise, He will never destroy all His Creation as He sought to do then. So since He promised He would not, He tells us, we shall not either. So does this then mean that He can no longer look upon the Earth because we are so evil? No. Of course not. Remember this meeting?
"Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan came also among them. And the Lord said unto Satan, Whence comest thou? Then Satan answered the Lord, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it."{Job 1:6-7}
Then God asked the Devil, "Why ya messing with Job?" Pete's paraphrase here. Then again in Job 2:1 it talks about another meeting between God and Satan. So how is God talking with Satan here face to face?

God is everywhere and always. Like Adam and Eve, following their Sin, tried to hide themselves from God, we can try to hide from God, but God is going to find you. Jesus tells us that as it were in the days of Noah, so will it be at the return of the Son of man.
"For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark, And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left. Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left. Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come." {Matthew 24:38-42}
In other words, what Jesus is telling us here is that we will be living in the middle of our Sin, not minding the things of God, when the End Times comes. But wait, if He cannot look upon Sin, then how can He see us? As a matter of fact, How did Jesus even come here? How did He hang out with Sinners? How is this statement actuate?
"But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." {Romans 5:8}
How would He have seen that we need Him? You see, it is silly to think that God cannot see you if you are in Sin. That also implies that God is off doing God stuff and you have to somehow go out and find Him. You could find God if you wanted to. You have no idea where to even look. Oh, Jesus would have never been able to appear to Saul either by the way. Saul was on his way to kill more of God's Chosen people when Jesus appeared to him. He was not looking for God. God sought him out.

Now please do not misunderstand.. Yes, God CAN see you. He CAN see what you are doing. But you also have this thing called Free Will.

If you come to me, and say, please adopt me into your family. I agree. However, I tell you to be a part of my family, I will require from you the same as I would require from all my children. If you are a faithful and good Child, you, as with all my children, will enjoy all the perks and benefits of living under the same Roof, and will even inherit part of my vast Estate and Fortune.

They live under my roof. I am their Father, they are my Children. I love them. I am here when they go to sleep. I protect them. I am there when they wake up. I am there to celebrate with them. I am there to Comfort them. I meet their Daily Needs. I teach them. I Bless them with special gifts. I love them unconditionally. Oh they are not perfect. They make mistakes. When needed, I correct them. But I am always here for them.

However, you have Free Will. Lets say you decide to stop coming to my house. You decide to go off and do your own thing. You decide to forsake me and my Family. That is totally your choice. By doing this though, you are disqualifying yourself from all my Blessings and Promises. I can not bless you, help you, or even love you, if you are no longer with me. As in all things, the choice is yours.

However, you are now on your own. I will NOT be there when you goes to sleep. I will NOT be there when you wake up. I will not be there to comfort you. I will not be there to meet your needs. I will not be there to Bless you with special gifts. I will no longer even be able to "see" you. I will not "hear" you when you call out my name. I no longer have any knowledge of you. Why?

Because you ares no longer under my roof. You are no longer where I am. See, YOU walked away. You chose to not follow my rules. YOU chose to go off on your own. I am still where I have always been. My other Children are still in a relationship with me. Their lives haven't changed. Just yours.

This does not mean that God cannot look upon Sin. He can and trust me, he DOES see you and see what you are doing. Just like your Earthly Father, when you screw up, He may find it necessary to correct you. He will correct you. Make no mistake about that either. But he is not waiting for you to screw up. More on that next time.

Oh, it's a comforting feeling to say, "God cannot see me. He didn't just see what I thought, imagined, did, whatever. That would be embarrassing. I'm so glad God cannot see things like that.." Sorry, He can. He is not looking for it. But He can see it. Now might be a good time to repent that Sin..

Do you know Jesus as your Savior? Have you been adopted into the Family of God? If not, say this Prayer. Right now. Wherever you may be. Say it in your own words, and do not doubt in your heart. God will hear you. He will send the Spirit of Life to you. Let us Pray..

"Oh heavenly Father, Lord God. I am a sinner. I know this. I know there is nothing I can do to change that. But I know you can. I accept Jesus's sacrifice for me. I repent my sins. Please send the Spirit of Adoption into my life. Help me to get to know the real you. Save me. Please. In the name of Jesus, Amen!"

That's it. It really is that simple. Now go tell someone what you have just done. "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." {Romans 10:9} You need to find a Church that God leads you to, and be Baptized the way Jesus said to be. You are now a Child of God. A new Creature. You "have put off the old man with his deeds, and have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him." {Colossians 3:10}

If you want to tell me, or comment, question, give testimonials, or just say "Hi," the Email is opntalk@gmail.com

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen. {2 Corinthians 13}

Until next time, be Blessed, be a Blessing, and Jesus IS Lord..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Getting to Know "The Force" 7

 Gift or Talent We are back to our eight categories of “the spirit” as defined in The Word. The spirit or a driving force, is represented by...