Wednesday, June 15, 2016

True Compassion. Is Compassion Enough?

You must have Compassion.



Have you ever been told that? You must have Compassion on this or that person or group. That you must have empathy. Walk a mile in their shoes. Understand what it is like to be them. So on. Or, that you must believe in this or that cause, because of Compassion.

Compassion = Sympathetic pity and concern for the sufferings or misfortunes of others.

We just got done talking about the Compassion of God towards us. So we must have Compassion on others. But what does that actually mean? What it most definitely does NOT mean, is good intentions. Or, saying you have Compassion without doing anything about it. What do I mean?

"I have Compassion for the Poor." OK? And? "What do you mean?" SO you have Compassion on the Poor. That's good. But? What do you do about it? "Wait, what do you mean? What are you implying? That I do not care? How dare you. I care. I understand. Something needs to be done to help the Poor in this or that area." Again. What are YOU doing? "Don't turn this around on me. YOU hate the Poor. YOU are Evil. Look at you. Judging me. You arrogant, close minded, Racist. After all, who is the Poor? Yeah, Minorities. You hate them because you hate anyone that does not look like you. At least I care."

This is the World we live in today. So Joe Liberal cares about the Poor. Cool. But when you look at his bank account, and or, the sum of his ACTIONS towards the Poor, we see the Truth. There is NOTHING. Oh, he, sorry, my Six Years of Politics sometimes creeps back, he may propose a Bill increasing the Sales Tax a penny, with the proceeds going to build a Homeless Shelter. Or he may suggest something need to be done to clean up the down town area and set aside somewhere where the Homeless can be safer. Then he can go home feeling good about himself that he is trying to do something for the Poor. He can even BRAG that he is TRYING to do something.. But? What is HE actually doing?
"What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him? If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food, And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit? Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone." {James 2:14-17}
Makes sense does it not? James goes on to say this..
"Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works."
Wait. "I will shew thee my faith by my works." Remember what Jesus told us?
"Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheeps clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves. You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thorn bushes or figs from thistles? Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. Therefore by their fruits you will know them." {Matthew 7:15-20}
Back to James 2
"Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble. But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead? Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar? Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect? And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God. Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only. Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out another way? For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also." {James 2:18-26}
Again, if you have Compassion, or claim you have Compassion, on someone and or something, yet you do NOTHING to help them. NOTHING for them. What good does all the Compassion in the World do? Remember what Jesus also told us He would say to us in the end time?
"When the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the holy angels with Him, then He will sit on the throne of His glory. All the nations will be gathered before Him, and He will separate them one from another, as a shepherd divides his sheep from the goats. And He will set the sheep on His right hand, but the goats on the left. Then the King will say to those on His right hand, ‘Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: for I was hungry and you gave Me food; I was thirsty and you gave Me drink; I was a stranger and you took Me in; I was naked and you clothed Me; I was sick and you visited Me; I was in prison and you came to Me.’

Then the righteous will answer Him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry and feed You, or thirsty and give You drink? When did we see You a stranger and take You in, or naked and clothe You? Or when did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?’ And the King will answer and say to them, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me.’

Then He will also say to those on the left hand, ‘Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels: for I was hungry and you gave Me no food; I was thirsty and you gave Me no drink; I was a stranger and you did not take Me in, naked and you did not clothe Me, sick and in prison and you did not visit Me.’

Then they also will answer Him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to You?’ Then He will answer them, saying, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.’ And these will go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into eternal life."
{Matthew 25:31-46}
So right there, we see that even Jesus Himself tells us, that Compassion is not enough. We must actually DO something. Now, do not misunderstand the point here. Yes. It IS by Faith are you Saved. Not of Works. However, once you are Saved, what good is your Faith WITHOUT Works? That is the point. What good does it for a little Girl standing Naked and Hungry at you door, for you to have all the compassion in the World and yet NOT give her some Cloths and Food? It means NOTHING. Your Compassion without Works, means NOTHING. Like that Politician, go ahead and propose a Bill, but meanwhile, why not go down there and feed them while you wait the process that could take years to complete? You get the point.

Have Compassion. But Compassion without Works, is as dead as your own Faith without Works. What good does it actually do?

Do you know Jesus as your Savior? Have you been adopted into the Family of God? If not, say this Prayer. Right now. Wherever you may be. Say it in your own words, and do not doubt in your heart. God will hear you. He will send the Spirit of Life to you. Let us Pray..

"Oh heavenly Father, Lord God. I am a sinner. I know this. I know there is nothing I can do to change that. But I know you can. I accept Jesus's sacrifice for me. I repent my sins. Please send the Spirit of Adoption into my life. Help me to get to know the real you. Save me. Please. In the name of Jesus, Amen!"

That's it. It really is that simple. Now go tell someone what you have just done. "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." {Romans 10:9} You need to find a Church that God leads you to, and be Baptized the way Jesus said to be. You are now a Child of God. A new Creature. You "have put off the old man with his deeds, and have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him." {Colossians 3:10}

If you want to tell me, or comment, question, give testimonials, or just say "Hi," the Email is opntalk@gmail.com

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen. {2 Corinthians 13}

Until next time, be Blessed, be a Blessing, and Jesus IS Lord..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sub Series 2 Ghosts

 Ghosts, spooks, and spirits  We are currently in a sub-series of the “Getting to Know the Force” series. We have already talked about Angel...