Wednesday, April 13, 2016

The Fruit of The Spirit, Goodness

Goodness



I love being able to claim this...
"Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever." {Psalm 23:6}
You can too. Why? You are a Child of God. You have received the Spirit of Adoption. You have become a new Creature. You are now a Son or Daughter of the Most High God. The Creator of all that is, was, or, ever will be.. You can claim this one as well..
"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose." {Romans 8:28}
Just be careful not to interpret these the wrong way. Do not think for one second that just because you are now a Child of God, that you can coast through life without a single care, worry, or tribulation. Everything will not be Sunshine and Daisies.

No, there will be trials and tribulations. There will be hardships and sorrows. However, if you stay in the Will of God, THEN God is there with you. Makes sense does it not? See He will never leave you nor forsake you. But YOU have Free Will. So many times, we, willingly, walk away from God. Just like me and my Kids, I am where I am. If two of my kids stay with me and are doing things the way they know I planed out for them, I am with them. But my third, the one that left, that walked away, I am not there. I can do nothing for him. But that was HIS choice, not mine. It's not that I hate that wayward Child, it is just  that I am not where he is. The other two? I am. I am able to get them anything they need. I am able to feed them. I am able to comfort them. I am able to teach them. You get the point.

So as long as you are in the Will of God, "goodness and mercy shall follow you" "all things work together for good to you" if you are indeed "called according to HIS purpose" You "will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever" Now that is Goodness we can rely on. Always remember,,,
"Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning." {James 1:17}
See, are we to preform Goodness? Of course, but it is a Gift FOR us as well. We are to do good, but God wants Goodness FOR us as well. He is Faithful and Just. He is Able and Willing. Remember what Jesus said..
"If a son shall ask bread of any of you that is a father, will he give him a stone? or if he ask a fish, will he for a fish give him a serpent? Or if he shall ask an egg, will he offer him a scorpion? If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?" {Luke 11:11-13}
So because our Father gives us this Gift of Goodness, we should now also freely give it out. Remember, as a Child of God, you have Power and Authority. There is Power in Words. You have even more Power. James attempted to explain this to us..
"But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison. Therewith bless we God, even the Father; and therewith curse we men, which are made after the similitude of God. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.

Doth a fountain send forth at the same place sweet water and bitter? Can the fig tree, my brethren, bear olive berries? either a vine, figs? so can no fountain both yield salt water and fresh.

Who is a wise man and endued with knowledge among you? let him shew out of a good conversation his works with meekness of wisdom. But if ye have bitter envying and strife in your hearts, glory not, and lie not against the truth. This wisdom descendeth not from above, but is earthly, sensual, devilish. For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work.

But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy. And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace of them that make peace."
{James 3:8-18}
Which is wiser? To do good, or to do evil. You know the Golden Rule. "Do onto others, as you would have them do onto you.." Although that exact phrase is not in the Word, the concept most definitely is..
"Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets."{Matthew 7:12}
Pretty easy to understand is it not? Would you like others to Hate you? Do you want others to Lie about you? Do you want others to Steal from you? To Kill you? To do Evil to or against you? Or would you rather have others Bless you and do Good towards you? Of course you would much rather have others treat you with Goodness. This is why I always say "Be Blessed. But do not forget to BE a Blessing to others." You most definitely reap what you Sow.

Do you know Jesus as your Savior? Have you been adopted into the Family of God? If not, say this Prayer. Right now. Wherever you may be. Say it in your own words, and do not doubt in your heart. God will hear you. He will send the Spirit of Life to you. Let us Pray..

"Oh heavenly Father, Lord God. I am a sinner. I know this. I know there is nothing I can do to change that. But I know you can. I accept Jesus's sacrifice for me. I repent my sins. Please send the Spirit of Adoption into my life. Help me to get to know the real you. Save me. Please. In the name of Jesus, Amen!"

That's it. It really is that simple. Now go tell someone what you have just done. "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." {Romans 10:9} You need to find a Church that God leads you to, and be Baptized the way Jesus said to be. You are now a Child of God. A new Creature. You "have put off the old man with his deeds, and have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him." {Colossians 3:10}

If you want to tell me, or comment, question, give testimonials, or just say "Hi," the Email is opntalk@gmail.com

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen. {2 Corinthians 13}

Until next time, be Blessed, be a Blessing, and Jesus IS Lord..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Coming Right Up, Book of Mark

 Let's chat Hey folks, if you have been with us here at TAG, {The Truth According to God} for the past 50 weeks, congratulations, you j...