Sunday, September 13, 2015

True Faith Means Continued Growth

Never stop learning..



Hey folks,

I want to spend a few times we get together to explain a concept, that is in essence, the whole reason TAG exists. You see, I am not all about finding the lost, and leading them to Salvation. I will. Of course I Pray that people that have never heard the Truth will find it. Of course I Pray for an unlimited number of Salvations daily. Of course I end every Message with this.....

Do you know Jesus as your Savior? Have you been adopted into the Family of God? If not, say this Prayer. Right now. Wherever you may be. Say it in your own words, and do not doubt in your heart. God will hear you. He will send the Spirit of Life to you. Let us Pray..

"Oh heavenly Father, Lord God. I am a sinner. I know this. I know there is nothing I can do to change that. But I know you can. I accept Jesus's sacrifice for me. I repent my sins. Please send the Spirit of Adoption into my life. Help me to get to know the real you. Save me. Please. In the name of Jesus, Amen!"

That's it. It really is that simple. Now go tell someone what you have just done. "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." {Romans 10:9} You need to find a Church that God leads you to, and be Baptized the way Jesus said to be. You are now a Child of God. A new Creature. You "have put off the old man with his deeds, and have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him." {Colossians 3:10}

But this is not the main reason TAG exists. The main reason TAG exists is to feed Christians with the Truth According to God. To help Children of God, find nourishment in The Word of God. To help Children to grow Spiritually. If someone that does not know God, Jesus, or the Holy Spirit, finds the Truth through TAG, GREAT. All the Praise and Glory be to God in the Highest..

However, it is EXTREMELY important, Vital even, that you never stop learning. Never stop growing. Never think for one second, you know it all. Trust me, you really don't..

Just like your Body, you have a Birth. You grow. You mature. Your Spiritual Life is the same. You have a Birth. You grow. You mature. Or at least you should. Remember, Jesus said this..

{John 3}
"Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."
Now this is a confusing statement. This is not today. Today we say it all the time. Today there are whole Religions that call themselves "Born Again Christians." But this was the very first time anyone heard the phrase "Born Again." So Nicodemus asked Jesus what He meant by this..
"How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?"
Then Jesus answering him said this..
"Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again."
We will be discussing this Truth for the next few times we come together. We will start with this, "Birth." Then we will be talking about the food we need. Then we will wrap it up with what comes next.

So Jesus continues in John 3...
"And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven. And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God."
Jesus tells us that HE is the only way, that we must believe on Him to be Saved. The Word put's it this way..

{1 Peter 1:3}
"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,"
Paul writes this....

{Romans 6:3}
"Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?"
And...

{Colossians 3:9-11}
"ye have put off the old man with his deeds; And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him: Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all."
So what happens when you become "Born Again" is that the old you dies off. The old you, full of Sin, is Crucified, and the new you is born into the world..

Think about this for a few seconds. How many of you out there are Parents? I will never forget the Birth of my first Son, Joshua. The Pregnancy. The trips to the Hospital for "False Alarms." The Labour of my Wife. The actual Birth and the first time I saw my baby Boy. All loving and fond memories.

I did all the right stuff. I went and made sure I had the right Car Seat. I made sure the house was "Baby Friendly." I even had a Nurse check to see if the Car Seat was correct. They wheeled my Wife out and a Nurse is holding our Baby Boy and I help my Wife up out of the Wheelchair. Then the Nurse turns, hands me this Baby and says, "Congratulations Dad. Good luck." Then she walks away...

Wait. What? Here I am holding this perfect little Human. This completely helpless, and precious, little person. The little Child who can do NOTHING for itself. This little Child who knows NOTHING. I am hold him in my arms and I have just become, his FATHER. Now what? I actually remember asking my Wife, "Did you get the instruction manual to go with this?"

Jesus said,,,

{Matthew 18:3}
"Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven."
Why? Because as newborn children, we know NOTHING. We can do NOTHING. We need our Father to teach us. We must, "As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby" {1 Peter 2:2} You have to drink the Milk. Be led by the Spirit. Allow yourself to be molded into that of which God wants you to be..Totally innocent, ever learning, never doubting, God and His Authority.

As much as I may have wanted to, give Joshua Prime Rib, or a Five Course Meal every night, I could not. Why? He was just a baby. He did not even have any Teeth yet. He was unable to eat Red Meat. The same is true for Babes in Christ. Paul put it this way..

{1 Corinthians 3:1}
"But I, brothers, could not address you as spiritual people, but as people of the flesh, as infants in Christ."
Why did he made such a statement? Because it is true. You see, once you become a Child of God, you know NOTHING. You will not know, nor understand who Gabriel is. You may have no idea what King David did to Uriah the Hittite. Or even who the Holy Spirit really is. You may not understand that Jesus is coming back as a Conqueror and Destroyer. Or that the World is heading for self destruction. But you know what? None of that even matters. What does? You learn the simple things. Who is Jesus? What did He do for YOU? Repentance of Sin. ETC.

You must learn and lay for yourself and solid foundation of truth.. However, God never intends for you to stay as Babes. Just like the Milk, the simple things, God wants you to take in as much as possible "that ye may grow thereby:" You will not understand all things in the beginning. But you are not really meant to. However, you cannot stay a Baby forever. We will be talking more about growing up in Christ next time.

If you said this Prayer....

"Oh heavenly Father, Lord God. I am a sinner. I know this. I know there is nothing I can do to change that. But I know you can. I accept Jesus's sacrifice for me. I repent my sins. Please send the Spirit of Adoption into my life. Help me to get to know the real you. Save me. Please. In the name of Jesus, Amen!"

You have been Born again. You have been adopted into the Family of God, through the Adoption of the Holy Spirit, through the Sacrifice of Jesus. Take to the Nipple. Enjoy the Milk. Open your eyes and look around. Explore your new World and understand that you will need to Grow Up before you know it..

If you want to tell me, or comment, question, give testimonials, or just say "Hi," the Email is opntalk@gmail.com

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen. {2 Corinthians 13}

Until next time, be Blessed, be a Blessing, and Jesus IS Lord..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Coming Right Up, Book of Mark

 Let's chat Hey folks, if you have been with us here at TAG, {The Truth According to God} for the past 50 weeks, congratulations, you j...