Sunday, May 3, 2015

Follow Me

Jesus is where you are, looking into your eyes.


Are you a Follower of Jesus? "Yes Sir, I am. I am a Follower of Jesus. The Lord of Lords, The King of Kings. Yes Sir, I am a Follower of Jesus." Oh? I saw Jesus just the other day, He was on the Street corner, Preaching to Prisoners on a work detail. Where were you? "Oh, I had to work." I saw Jesus this past Saturday, He was in a Soup Kitchen, feeding the Homeless, and Poor. "Oh, well, I had that Football Game. I had to see that." Oh? I saw Jesus in the Hospital visiting sick kids, and trying to put a smile on their faces. Where were you? "Well, I had that Birthday Party to go to." So you are a follower of Jesus? "Yes, yes Sir. I am." Well, I see you, where is HE? 

You say you are a Child of God? "Yes. Of course I am." Really? Do you even know what that actually means? God, looking down from Heaven, sees Bill. He whispers in Bill's ear, "Buy that store you always wanted to have." He says to Bill, "Here is the land. Here is the Money. Now is the time." Bill goes out and buys the store. He is arranging the isles. God whispers in Bill's ear "Put the Coffee in isle 5." Bill puts the coffee in isle 5.

Jenny wakes up, realizing that she is out of Coffee, gets in her car and goes to that new store that just opened up. Ron, after having a good night with friends, wakes up, realizes he is out of coffee, goes to that new store. Jenny walks up and asks the Girl in the outfit, "Where is your coffee?" Isle 5 is the answer. Jenny goes to isle 5. Ron walks up and asks the Girl in the outfit, "Where is your coffee?" Isle 5 is the answer again. Ron goes to isle 5

Both Ron and Jenny, really like that flavored Coffee. So on this Tuesday morning, at 7:35 am, both Ron and Jenny reach for that Hazelnut Coffee. Their hands touch. There is a skip of a beat of the heart. There is a feeling. There is electricity in the air. Jenny and Ron exchange numbers. They date. Get Married. Get Pregnant.

What they do not know, what Bill does not know, what the Girl in the outfit, does not know, is while all this is going on, God is writing in His Book. "Her name is Susan. His name is John. 5 foot 8. 6 foot 5. 230 pounds, 120 pounds Blonde hair. Blue eyes. Brown hair, brown eyes. A birthmark here.

{Psalm 139:16}
"Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them."
Hair number 1,2,3,4... "

{Matthew 10:30}
"But the very hairs of your head are all numbered."
While Bill is buying his dream store, while that Girl is getting a job to have some spending money during the Summer, while Jenny and Ron are falling in love, God is writing in His book.

As Jenny's Pregnancy progresses, Susan, or John, YOU, are being formed as God wrote in His book. YOU become exactly the way you are because God formed you that way. As this is all going on, God sets up a plan and a purpose for you and your life. A destiny. A reason for being.

Is Bill a Christian? Doesn't matter. Is that Girl in the outfit a Child of God? Doesn't matter. Is Jenny and or Ron, Children of God? Doesn't matter. It's not about any of them. It's all about Susan, Ron, YOU. It is all about God's greatest passion. The greatest passion God has for you, is to have a one on one relationship with you. For you to get to know Him.

So once you get to this point, God formed you, set up a Destiny, and plan and purpose for your life, this is where you come in. He calls you out. He brings Jesus into your life, wherever you may be. Whatever you may be doing. As Matthew was sitting at the table of Customs, Peter on the Fishing Boat, Saul on the road to Damascus, Jesus is looking into your eyes, and He is saying "Follow Me."

Now your answer here, is the most important answer to the most important question you will ever be asked or give. Yes? or No? Notice something. Matthew, Peter, Saul, did something here. Did Luke keep being a Doctor, and going about his own livelihood after Paul taught him who Jesus was? What did Jesus tell people who wanted to be Saved? "Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men." {Matthew 4:19} "But Jesus said unto him, Follow me; and let the dead bury their dead."{Matthew 8:22} "Follow me. And he arose, and followed him."{Matthew 9:9} All these examples, Jesus says, "Follow me." So they did.

Matthew did not stay seated. Peter did not keep Fishing. Saul kept walking, but it was for a vastly different purpose. In case there is still any doubt, Jesus Himself makes it clear,,,

{Matthew 10:37-39}
"He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.

He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it."
You see, God is not interested in what you have done. He doesn't care who you think you are. He doesn't care the size of your bank account, or what man-made Tradition you decided to follow. He is interested in what you can, and will do, NOW. He is interested in you getting to know who He is. His plan and purpose for your life.

If Peter never left the Fishing Boat, he would never have walked on water with Jesus. He would never have been called "The Rock" by Jesus. The Beggar, "lame from his Mother's Womb who was carried, and laid daily at the gate of the temple which is called Beautiful, to ask alms of them that entered into the temple;" would have never been healed. Peter would have never made the statement "Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give I thee: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk." {Acts 3}

If Saul said "No", he would have never become Paul, and we would not have a lot of the New Testament we read today.You can say "No." You can live a long life here on earth doing whatever you chose to do. Problem is, once your time on earth passes away, what then?

If you do say "Yes?" Then, and only then, can you expect the true and many Blessings that God has for you. Then and only then, can you expect to become equipped with gifts and power from above, to fulfill His plan and His Purpose for your life.

However, if you say "Yes" then what? If I want to learn from someone, be like them, do what they do, I have to follow them. I want to be Rich, I find a Rich person. They go here, or there, I go here, or there. They do this. I do this. They do that. I do that. Why? Because I want to be like them. I want to learn from them. I want to BE them. They tell me, this is how I got Rich, do this, I would listen and do what they tell me. If they say don't do that, you will lose everything you have, I would not do that. It would not be an obligation or a chore. It would be my great desire to do so. Why? I want to be like them.

This is how we should see Following Jesus. Oh, you said "Yes." But what now? Are you going where He goes? Are you doing the things He does? Are you doing the things He says? Are you not doing the things He tells us not to do?

{1 John 2:3-6}
"And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments. He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him. He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked."
It is not an obligation to follow Jesus. It is not an obligation to follow God. It is not an obligation to go to Church, read His Word. It is an opportunity. An opportunity to be blessed in supernatural ways. To truly become a new being. A Child of God. An opportunity to live in Love, Hope, and Peace. It is an opportunity to share this good news, with others. Especially those you love.

"But I do not know where to find Him. It's not like He is still walking around breaking bread and fish. How do I'm follow someone I cannot see?" Oh He is still here. You can find God's Will for you in His Word. He will tell you, if you ask. Jesus said,,

{John 14:23-24}
"Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him. He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me."
Jesus told us a good place to start, would be doing the things He did. He said, in the end, He will say one of two things to us..

{Matthew 25:34-46}
"Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drinkWhen saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee? Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels: For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.

Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or a thirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?

Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal."
When you say you are a follower of Jesus, ARE you a follower of Jesus? Are you going where He goes. Are you doing the things He does. Are you obeying His teachings? Are you sure you are following Jesus?

Salvation is the greatest gift, next to your very life itself, that you can ever receive. Becoming His Child, is the greatest thing that could ever happen to you. He wants to walk with you, talk with you, protect you, care for you, love you. He wants you to love Him. He said to you, or He is saying right now, "Follow Me." Are you?

Do you know Jesus as your Savior? Have you been adopted into the Family of God? If not, say this Prayer. Right now. Wherever you may be. Say it in your own words, and do not doubt in your heart. God will hear you. He will send the Spirit of Life to you. Let us Pray..

"Oh heavenly Father, Lord God. I am a sinner. I know this. I know there is nothing I can do to change that. But I know you can. I accept Jesus's sacrifice for me. I repent my sins. Please send the Spirit of Adoption into my life. Help me to get to know the real you. Save me. Please. In the name of Jesus, Amen!"

That's it. It really is that simple. Now go tell someone what you have just done. "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." {Romans 10:9} You need to find a Church that God leads you to, and be Baptized the way Jesus said to be. You are now a Child of God. A new Creature. You "have put off the old man with his deeds, and have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him." {Colossians 3:10}

If you want to tell me, or comment, question, give testimonials, or just say "Hi," the Email is opntalk@gmail.com

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen. {2 Corinthians 13}

Until next time, be Blessed, be a Blessing, and Jesus IS Lord..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book of Genesis, Chapter 50

 Chapter 50 1 Then Joseph fell on his father's face and wept over him and kissed him. 2 And Joseph commanded his servants the physicians...