Sunday, March 22, 2015

As Long As You Live Under This Roof

As says your Parents, so says God..


"As long as you live under my roof, you will follow my rules." Your Mom or Dad ever say that to you? Have you ever said that to your kids? Guess what, God says this to His Children as well. But it really is not as negative as it sounds. Not to mention, there is also a flip side to the same coin. "As long as you live under my roof, I can and will, Love you, Protect you, Comfort you, meet your needs, and BE your Father."

You see, it really is a simple concept. It really is pretty easy to understand. I have three kids. Josh, 9, Eli 4, and Maya who will be 1 this year. They live under my roof. I am their Father, they are my Children. I love them. I am here when they go to sleep. I protect them. I am there when they wake up. I am there to celebrate with them. I am there to Comfort them. I meet their Daily Needs. I teach them. I Bless them with special gifts. I love them unconditionally. Oh they are not perfect. They make mistakes. When needed, I correct them. But I am always here for them.

Now let's say, Joshua and Maya decide to stay with me and follow my rules, while Eli decides, he no longer wishes to. So he leaves and goes off on his own. Josh and Maya never change their relationship with me. They are still under my roof. They are still my Children and I am still their Father.I love them. I am here when they go to sleep. I protect them. I am there when they wake up. I am there to celebrate with them. I am there to Comfort them. I meet their Daily Needs. I teach them. I Bless them with special gifts. I love them unconditionally.

What about Eli? Well, he is now on his own. I will NOT be there when he goes to sleep. I will NOT be there when he wakes up. I will not be there to comfort him. I will not be there to meet his needs. I will not be there to Bless him with special gifts. I will no longer even be able to see him. I will not hear him when he calls out my name. I no longer have any knowledge of him. Why? Because he is no longer under my roof. He is no longer where I am. See, he walked away. He chose to not follow my rules. HE chose to go off on his own. I am still where I have always been. Josh and Maya are still in a relationship with me. Their lives haven't changed. Just Eli's.

Let's look at the Wayward Son..

{Luke 15:11-16}
"And he said, A certain man had two sons: And the younger of them said to his father, Father, give me the portion of goods that falleth to me. And he divided unto them his living. And not many days after the younger son gathered all together, and took his journey into a far country, and there wasted his substance with riotous living. And when he had spent all, there arose a mighty famine in that land; and he began to be in want. And he went and joined himself to a citizen of that country; and he sent him into his fields to feed swine. And he would fain have filled his belly with the husks that the swine did eat: and no man gave unto him."
First notice this. Did his Father stop him from leaving? Nope. His Father gave him what he asked for. Second, notice this. He went out on his own, he was reckless, and blew all he had. Did his Father bail him out? Nope. He ended up so bad, that he was eating the garbage that the Pigs ate. Did his Father come to his rescue? Did his Father come to where he was and bring him home? No. His Father had no idea what was going on with his Son. He did not even know his Son was a Servant, feeding Pigs, and eating their food. The Father was concerned with HIS Household and the Children that were still under his roof.

"You are trying to compare and earthly human Father, with God. God could still see him. God would still love him. He is everywhere and sees everything." Actually? God is everywhere, but He does not see everything. He cannot look upon Sin. If you are outside His Roof, His Will, and living a Sinful lifestyle, He no longer can see you. Don't believe me? Then explain this statement by Jesus Himself..

{Matthew 7:23}
"And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."
This is why Jesus told the Jews of the day this..

{John 8:31-32}
"If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free."
Notice the word "IF" here. "As long as you..." "If ye continue in my word," Then notice the word "Then." In order words, As long as you do this, you become this. Or as long as you live under my roof. We do not receive the Wages of Sin, if we are not living a Sinful lifestyle. We do not receive the Fruit of the Spirit, if we ARE living a Sinful lifestyle.

{Galatians 6:7-8}
"Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting."
It is us, as Children of God, that chose to walk away. It is NEVER God that cast us away. We make that choice. We become the Wayward Son. God never chooses that we leave. We do. In....

{James 1:13-18}
"Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man: But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.

Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death. Do not err, my beloved brethren. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning. Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures."
How do you receive the Blessings of God, if you do not do what God asks you to do? How do you get the Blessings of the Household of God, if you are NOT his Child? You cannot. Again, Jesus said this..

{Matthew 7:24}
"Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:"
Again, "And." Hear AND do. You must learn from God, His Will, His plan, His Purpose, and you must DO that. Live in His Will, you live under His roof. Then He is your Father, and you are His Child. Then will you receive the Blessings and Gifts He has for you. Then will He be there when you call out. Then will you know, truly know, unconditional love that can only come from God.

There is still time. If you have walked away from God, and you now understand that you need your Father back, He is in the same place He was when you left. The address hasn't changed. He did not pack up and move. Better yet, He is looking into the distance, hoping to see you coming back..

{Luke 15:20-24}
"And he arose, and came to his father. But when he was yet a great way off, his father saw him, and had compassion, and ran, and fell on his neck, and kissed him. And the son said unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and in thy sight, and am no more worthy to be called thy son.

But the father said to his servants, Bring forth the best robe, and put it on him; and put a ring on his hand, and shoes on his feet: And bring hither the fatted calf, and kill it; and let us eat, and be merry: For this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found. And they began to be merry."
God is looking for you. He is waiting for you. He longs for your return.

{Luke 15:7}
"I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance."
Next time we will be talking about being on the outside and looking in, so to speak. We will be talking about what happens when Little Johnny, or Little Suzy come for a play date..

Have you walked away from God? Make no mistake about it, He never left you. Are the things in your life so bad you cannot figure out why they are happening and you do not see any answers? Look up. Are you still living under God's Roof? If you are not, then look towards His House, you will find Him looking out towards you with outstretched arms. It's not too late. Just, simply, go Home.

Or perhaps, this is the first time you are hearing this. Maybe you did not know, that God, wants to become your Father. Better yet, your Daddy. There is only one way. There is only one Truth. There is only one way to be Adopted into the Family of God. His name is Jesus.

Do you know Jesus as your Savior? Have you been adopted into the Family of God? If not, say this Prayer. Right now. Wherever you may be. Say it in your own words, and do not doubt in your heart. God will hear you. He will send the Spirit of Life to you. Let us Pray..

"Oh heavenly Father, Lord God. I am a sinner. I know this. I know there is nothing I can do to change that. But I know you can. I accept Jesus's sacrifice for me. I repent my sins. Please send the Spirit of Adoption into my life. Help me to get to know the real you. Save me. Please. In the name of Jesus, Amen!"

That's it. It really is that simple. Now go tell someone what you have just done. "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." {Romans 10:9} You need to find a Church that God leads you to, and be Baptized the way Jesus said to be. You are now a Child of God. A new Creature. You "have put off the old man with his deeds, and have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him." {Colossians 3:10}

If you want to tell me, or comment, question, give testimonials, or just say "Hi," the Email is opntalk@gmail.com

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen.
{2 Corinthians 13}

Until next time, be Blessed, be a Blessing, and Jesus IS Lord..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Coming Right Up, Book of Mark

 Let's chat Hey folks, if you have been with us here at TAG, {The Truth According to God} for the past 50 weeks, congratulations, you j...