Thursday, January 1, 2015

Chat With Peter, The Forgotten Laws?

Coming up here at T.A.G.


Hey folks,

Happy New year to ya. Hope you all had a good and safe celebration of the end of last, and the beginning of the new Year. Ah, Yes, the New Year. New beginning. Clean Slate. A chance to begin anew. A time when we make New Year Resolutions. Promises to improve our lives and to make things better for ourselves and our families.

You are going to hear all kinds of things. You may even say some of them yourself. "I promise to lose weight." "Eat less, or healthier." "I promise to quit Smoking, Drinking, and Swearing." Yes, I know there is a joke there somewhere. "Work less?" "Spend more time with the Family?" "Go to Church more?" "Be a better person?" ETC.

Well, why not start off the year, learning what the Law of God really is. Seriously. Do you know the forgotten Laws of God? Does your Church teach them? I'm not talking about knowing where to find them. Can you? I'm not talking about how to say them in order. Can you? Do you REALLY know what they are? Do you, or our Nation, violate them daily? Is it really that big a deal to know them, and to follow them?

{Proverbs:1-3}
"My son, keep my words, and lay up my commandments with thee. Keep my commandments, and live; and my law as the apple of thine eye. Bind them upon thy fingers, write them upon the table of thine heart."
Does that sound like just knowing how to say them in order? What about this..

{Proverbs 3:1-3}
"My son, forget not my law; but let thine heart keep my commandments: For length of days, and long life, and peace, shall they add to thee. Let not mercy and truth forsake thee: bind them about thy neck; write them upon the table of thine heart:"
Teaching our Children the list, The Ten Commandments, in Sunday school , is not a bad thing. Understanding that Commandment 6 says Thou shall not Kill, is a good thing. Knowing that Commandment 5 is the first with Promise, is a good thing. However,,,

{Deuteronomy 6:4-9}
"The Lord our God is one Lord: And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might. And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart: And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up. And thou shalt bind them for a sign upon thine hand, and they shall be as frontlets between thine eyes. And thou shalt write them upon the posts of thy house, and on thy gates."
Understanding the Ten Commandment, is more than just counting. 1,2,3,4,5,,6,7,8,9,10. " For length of days, and long life, and peace, shall they add to thee." Did you know that? God even gives us a promise. Follow My Law, and live.

It's not just memorizing them. It's not just doing one Study on them. God tells us this..

{Proverbs 6:20-23}
"My son, keep thy father's commandment, and forsake not the law of thy mother: Bind them continually upon thine heart, and tie them about thy neck. When thou goest, it shall lead thee; when thou sleepest, it shall keep thee; and when thou awakest, it shall talk with thee. For the commandment is a lamp; and the law is light; and reproofs of instruction are the way of life: "
The Ten Commandments were not given to Man to make Man's life more difficult. To refrain Man from the things he loves.

{1 John 5:3}
"For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous."
When asked what we must do to be Saved, what did Jesus tell us?

{Matthew 19:16-21}
"And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?
And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments. He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet? Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me."
Jesus put the Law of God, ahead of even Himself. He told us plainly..

{Matthew 5:17-20}
"Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven."
IF you love Jesus, you MUST follow the Ten Commandments.

{John 14:15-16}
"If ye love me, keep my commandments. And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;"
The Ten Commandments were given to Man to make Man's life more easy. To keep him from the snares of the devil. Understanding, not only what they are, but what they mean, is crucial to every Child of God's growth and Well Being. If we keep them?

{John 15:10}
"If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love."
So you see how important it is to not only know what they are, but to KNOW what they are. It is really hard to follow something if you have no idea what it is you are suppose to follow. So for the next five Weeks, we will go into an in depth Study of these, the Forgotten Laws of God, The Ten Commandments. This will be another new Tradition here at T.A.G. that we will be doing every New Year.

I remember a long time ago, when I was first Saved and one came to me asking me about the Ten Commandments. I remember thinking "Everyone knows them." Well, it was in that moment that I learned, not everyone does. To the Lost, the simple things of God, are not so simple. To the Religious, the simple things of God, are not always so simple. To the Child of God, sometimes it is in that very simplicity, that we get lost.

Won't you join us for the next five Weeks, and get back to the basics. Just like with anything else, if you do not have a solid Foundation, you can, and will, be moved. The Law of God is alive and well. The Law of God, is to not only be learned, but followed. It has not changed. It will not be done away with. Whatever, and however, Man, attempts to discard it, does not mean it is not still there, and that God will not hold you blameless for ignoring it.

May the comfort of the Holy Ghost, peace of our Lord Jesus, be with you all. May God bless and be with you, always.

Peter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Coming Right Up, Book of Mark

 Let's chat Hey folks, if you have been with us here at TAG, {The Truth According to God} for the past 50 weeks, congratulations, you j...