Sunday, November 9, 2014

Rules and Regulations

Is God all about making your life restrictive and boring?


I have heard it in differing forms over the years. You can keep that "Church Stuff." I'm not big on being told what I can and can't do. I live my life the way I choose. I have no desire to be told I can't live the way I want. I'm not "Religious" because I do not follow all those "Don'ts."

This is common among many of the Lost, because they do not understand the Word. They do not even understand that Religion is not necessarily Salvation. They know NOTHING about Faith, and God. Zero. All they know is what they see on the News.

"Religious Folks Hate Gays." {Well, make that Christians. Even though Muslims actually Slaughter Gays everyday, we are not allowed to say that. Even know Jews do not accept the Homosexual Lifestyle, nor does any other Mainstream Religion by the way, Christians are the Homophones and evil, and need to be stopped. Just a side note.}

"Religious Folks hate Women and want them to be Slaves to Men."

"Religious Folks want to control every aspect of your lives."

"Religious Folks hate anyone that does not act the way they think they should."

"Religious Folks hate you, and would easily force you to live a life of Rules and Regulations, unless they are confined and stopped."

This is all they know about God. That and "The Bible is a Book that was written by a bunch of old men that want to control your life and steal your money. It's not the Word of God. It is not to be taken Literately. There may be some good stuff in there, but seriously, Adam and Eve? Talking Snakes? Noah's Flood? Raining Frogs? "Death of the First Born? Don't get me started with Jesus was born a Virgin and Rose from the Dead??? Seriously? You expect an Intelligent person to believe this stuff?"

They do not understand that God said..
"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end."{Jeremiah 29:11}
We have other Commandments you know?

Thou shall listen to me. I am your Mother / Father.
Thous shall not play in Traffic.
Thou shall not talk to strangers.
Thou shall not play with fire.
Thou shall not put small nonfood items in your mouth.
Thou shall not stick your finger, or anything else, in a light socket.
Thou shall not touch the hot stove.
Thou will wear a coat.
Thou will wear shoes.

The most dreaded????

Thou SHALL eat your Vegetables.

Why do we accept these, and not God's? Well, in some cases we know it would be bad to break our Parent Commandments. We know that if we play in traffic, we could get hit by a car and die. We know if we touch the hot stove we will get burned. ETC. However, if we do any of these things, is the result punishment for breaking it? Nope. Is it punishment dished out by an angry Parent for disobedience? Nope. It just is what it is. See, our Parents know more than we do. I know, I know, but they do. So knowing that touching the Hot Stove, and warning you against doing so, or you will get burned, is different from causing it to happen.

Our Parents, and now us as Parents, set forth these Rules and Regulations, these Commandments, these "Laws" out of love. We love our Kids. We do not want them to get burned. We do not want them to get hit by a car, or abducted by an evil person with evil intentions. We do not do this to restrict our Children s Lives and make it difficult for them. We do it to keep them safe. We do it because we love them.

I know that I'm happy I do not get burned. I know I'm happy that my House does not burn down to the ground. I know I'm glad that Bus passed by without running me over. Why did none of this happen? Because I obeyed my Parents Rules and Regulations.

God is the same way. You cannot have a Jealous, and Angry God, if you obey and put Him first. He will be your Daddy, and you Him Child. You cannot be at odds with your Earthly Family, if you Honor them. You cannot go to Jail for Murder, if you do not commit Murder. You cannot get in trouble for lying, if you do not lie. Stealing? Don't Steal. Be content with what you have, and do not greedily desire what anyone else has.

Why do you think this is one of the Ten? Do not Covet. Simply put, if you greedily desire something, it can lead you to commit all kinds of Sin. You could Lie, Cheat, and Steal to get it. You can be lead to commit Adultery. So on and so forth.

This is why The Word tells us..
"And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God."{Romans 12:2}
Why? The World will deceive you, don't let it. Anything anyone tells you that is contrary to the Word, is a lie. So why do many not understand that the Ten Commandments, and other parts of the Word, that warn us against doing foolish things? Why do they see these as wrong and restrictive, rather than their own Sin, being wrong and deadly to them?

Yes. I am going to point out a verse here that offends some of these people. It even offends some "Religious Folks." But it applies here. It is the Truth. It actually applies to EVERY aspect of The Word of God, Faith in Jesus, Faith in God in general. It is simple. Easy to understand. They are the Words of Jesus Himself.
"Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it. And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not.

Which of you convinceth me of sin? And if I say the truth, why do ye not believe me? He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God."
{John 8:44-47}
They cannot understand a God of Love. They cannot understand a God that so loved the World that He would become as one of us, allowed us to torture and kill Him, and did it all, for all, to have the opportunity to be Saved. They believe the lie. They do not understand that by not accepting Jesus, they are following the Thief. Jesus told us..
"The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." {John 10:10}
We do not serve a boring God. We do not serve a God, Sitting on His Throne, leaning forward, watching, and waiting for you to mess up, so He can send you to Hell. We serve a God of Love. A God that wants to protect us from all Evil. A God that wants us to live Life, and " have it more abundantly."

It all starts with Jesus. Do you know Jesus as your Savior? Have you been adopted into the Family of God? If not, say this Prayer. Right now. Wherever you may be. Say it in your own words, and do not doubt in your heart. God will hear you. He will send the Spirit of Life to you. Let us Pray..

"Oh heavenly Father, Lord God. I am a sinner. I know this. I know there is nothing I can do to change that. But I know you can. I accept Jesus's sacrifice for me. I repent my sins. Please send the Spirit of Adoption into my life. Help me to get to know the real you. Save me. Please. In the name of Jesus, Amen!"

That's it. It really is that simple. Now go tell someone what you have just done. "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." {Romans 10:9} You need to find a Church that God leads you to, and be Baptized the way Jesus said to be. You are now a Child of God. A new Creature. You "have put off the old man with his deeds, and have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him." {Colossians 3:10}

If you want to tell me, or comment, question, give testimonials, or just say "Hi," the Email is opntalk@gmail.com

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen. {2 Corinthians 13}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book of Genesis, Chapter 50

 Chapter 50 1 Then Joseph fell on his father's face and wept over him and kissed him. 2 And Joseph commanded his servants the physicians...