Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Tomorrow

Tomorrow is magical.


Every think of it that way? Tomorrow being magical. It truly seems to be. Tomorrow is a day where anything is possible. Tomorrow is where great things will happen. Birthdays will be celebrated. Raises will be had. Promotions given. Vacations will start. Holidays to be celebrated.

Tomorrow is a magical day, because that is when you will see all your hopes and dreams fulfilled. A new day to dawn. The old one to pass away. A clean slate. A new beginning. New Hope. May it be better than this one. Tomorrow. May it be filled with Peace, Love, and Happiness.

There is only one little problem. We have no idea, if, Tomorrow will actually arrive.

I want to share a personal story with you for a second. As some of you know, my Mother Passed on just about three weeks ago. She became really bad and unable to care for herself at the end of her life. We turned over her care to Hospice. For those of you who do not know who Hospice is, they are a group of people who have their own Doctors, Nurses, Caregivers, and even Care Facilities. Unlike Hospitals, their Facilities are like homes. They make those under their care comfortable until the time comes.They are FANTASTIC. I have nothing but good things to say about Hospice. They truly care.

My Mother went in on a Saturday night. I, her husband, her Sister, and our kids, went in to see her on Sunday. It was a good day. We ordered Pizza, and hung out there for hours. The Charge Nurse told us that if my oldest Son Joshua, and his "Poppop" wanted to, they could spend the night with her, anytime. So they made plans to do so that coming Saturday.

Well, Mom went down hill fast. She Passed at 4:05 am that Thursday Morning. For Josh and Poppop, Saturday never came. Mom is in a far better place, and Josh and Poppop, and the rest of the Family, are starting to get on with getting on. But Saturday, never came. Thursday change our Family forever.

The Word declares...
"Boast not thyself of to morrow; for thou knowest not what a day may bring forth." {Proverbs 27:1}
Jesus told us plainly..
"Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof." {Matthew 6:34}
Ever do that? Make all these plans for a future date, only to have something happen, that nullifies those plans. I used to work in the Hotel Industry as a Manager. I worked a lot. I was on call 24-7. I used to make all these plans when I knew I had a day coming up that I had no obligations. I would make so many plans for that day, when the day came, I did not even know where to start. Sometimes, I rejected all the plans and just slept. Other times, something would happen, and that day itself, never came.

We do not know what tomorrow brings. We have no clue. More importantly, Tomorrow is not guaranteed. Remember the story Jesus told us about the Rich Man?
"The ground of a certain rich man brought forth plentifully: And he thought within himself, saying, What shall I do, because I have no room where to bestow my fruits? And he said, This will I do: I will pull down my barns, and build greater; and there will I bestow all my fruits and my goods. And I will say to my soul, Soul, thou hast much goods laid up for many years; take thine ease, eat, drink, and be merry.

But God said unto him, Thou fool, this night thy soul shall be required of thee: then whose shall those things be, which thou hast provided?"
{Luke 12:16-20}
Many people experience this. They spend their entire lives attempting to build up Rices, only to die before they can enjoy them. Tomorrow is not guaranteed. You may live until a ripe old age of 100. Or? Today may be your last day on earth. James put it this way..
"Go to now, ye that say, To day or to morrow we will go into such a city, and continue there a year, and buy and sell, and get gain: Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away. For that ye ought to say, If the Lord will, we shall live, and do this, or that. But now ye rejoice in your boastings: all such rejoicing is evil. Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin." {James 4:13-17}
Paul wrote to the Hebrews..
"But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin."{Hebrews 3:13}
As a Child or God, or even if you are not, you have today. Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow is not guaranteed to arrive. It is what you do today that matters. It is this moment in time. This very second. There is no other. The Clock will stop ticking at the very precise moment that your time is up. Make the best of this moment, every moment. For you know not if there will be another.

Do you know Jesus as your Savior? Have you been adopted into the Family of God? If not, say this Prayer. Right now. Wherever you may be. Say it in your own words, and do not doubt in your heart. God will hear you. He will send the Spirit of Life to you. Let us Pray..

"Oh heavenly Father, Lord God. I am a sinner. I know this. I know there is nothing I can do to change that. But I know you can. I accept Jesus's sacrifice for me. I repent my sins. Please send the Spirit of Adoption into my life. Help me to get to know the real you. Save me. Please. In the name of Jesus, Amen!"

That's it. It really is that simple. Now go tell someone what you have just done. "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." {Romans 10:9} You need to find a Church that God leads you to, and be Baptized the way Jesus said to be. You are now a Child of God. A new Creature. You "have put off the old man with his deeds, and have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him." {Colossians 3:10}

If you want to tell me, or comment, question, give testimonials, or just say "Hi," the Email is opntalk@gmail.com

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen. {2 Corinthians 13}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book of Genesis, Chapter 47

  Chapter 47 Jacob's Family Settles in Goshen 1 So Joseph went in and told Pharaoh, “My father and my brothers, with their flocks and he...