Sunday, July 13, 2014

You Are Obligated, But Not Responsible

You have an obligation to tell the Truth. You are not responsible for acceptance.


As a Child of God, we often times get discouraged. Especially if we tell someone we love, this is the Truth according to God, that you accept Jesus's Sacrifice for you, or you can in no other way, enter into Heaven. We tell them Jesus said...

John 3:
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
We tell them that Jesus said..

John 10:
1 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.

2 But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.

3 To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.

4 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.

5 And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.

6 This parable spake Jesus unto them: but they understood not what things they were which he spake unto them.

7 Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep.

8 All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them.

9 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.

10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.
We tell them there is no other way. As Jesus also said.. 
"I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. " {John 14:6}
They say, "I do not believe in God." Or "I do not believe that you have to accept Jesus to get to Heaven." Or "Religion is for Idiots." Something to this effect. Have you failed? Have you not communicated properly? Are you responsible for the fact that they will now die, not accepting Christ, and forever be cast out? You think about this. Someone you care about, someone you love, and you have the Key to give them, so that they may enter into Heaven, and yet, they are on their way to Hell. Have you failed to Save them?

The simple answer is NO. You have fulfilled your Obligation. You are now free and clear. You have told them the Truth. You are not responsible for their decision to accept or not.
"When I say unto the wicked, O wicked man, thou shalt surely die; if thou dost not speak to warn the wicked from his way, that wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand. Nevertheless, if thou warn the wicked of his way to turn from it; if he do not turn from his way, he shall die in his iniquity; but thou hast delivered thy soul." {Ezekiel 33: 8-9}
It is your responsibility to tell people the Truth. It is your responsibility to live as God commanded us to live. John wrote this warning us not to think of ourselves as higher or more Holy than anyone else. It is our responsibility to keep ourselves in check, and to spread the Truth. He wrote this..

1 John 1:
1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life;

2 (For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us;)

3 That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.

4 And these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full.

5 This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.

6 If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:

7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.
The Truth is simple. Believe and accept Jesus, and live. Or do not, and die. This is the Message. The Truth. This is what we are obligated to tell people. "he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God." Not that God is going to condemn you. You are condemned already. Not that God is looking to Punish you. But rather God is looking to Save you.

Jesus never told us to go out, get in peoples faces, and thump them on the head with the Bible. He never told us we should go out and FORCE people to believe. He told us this..
"And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet. Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city." {Matthew 10: 14-15}
Why? Because before someone hears the Truth, they know no better. They have an excuse for living the way they do. Yet, AFTER they hear the Truth, then they are without excuse.
"For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness; Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:"{Romans 1: 18-20}
"I didn't know" is far different than "I didn't believe." If I was going through a strange town, and I get pulled over and told that the Speed limit in that Town is 35. If there are no signs, and no way of me knowing, "I didn't know." may find me some compassion and Grace. However, If the first thing I see when I enter is the Sign saying 35. Someone who lives there tells me it's 35. I get pulled over, I say "I didn't believe it, nor do I accept it." Guess what? I'm guilty beyond any excuse.

I understand your compassion and your desire to free those you love from the Laws of Sin and Death. God has blessed me, with now, three beautiful Children. Joshua who is not going to be Nine years old, accepting Jesus into his heart at age 7. Without conversation or prompting, he stood up and walked up to the Altar, and asked to be, and was, Baptized. Elijah is 3, and Maya is just 15 days old, at this time. When the time comes, it will be their choice.

Let's say that one or both, chose to live a life of Sin. Do I love them? Yes. Of course. Would I do whatever it takes to Save them from the Laws of Sin and Death? Of course. Let's say one or both are living in a way that causes me to have to lay down my life for them. I do so. I have paid the ultimate price. If they choose to go back to the same life, I can no longer help them.

Jesus loved us so that He came and died for us. He can do no more. He paid the ultimate price. If we choose not to accept that, there is no longer anything He can do for us. He already paid the ultimate price. Death. He cannot, nor will He, come and do it again. It is final. It is settled. It is now up to us to accept it or not. It is up to all of us, individually, to do so or not.

Our responsibility is to be Sowers of the Seed. Tellers of Truth. Share freely what we received freely. The Way. The Truth. The Life. That is our responsibly. That is our obligation. Acceptance of this Truth and Reality. It is everyone's own responsibility to accept it or not. We are not responsible for their choices or actions.

Remember what Jesus told the Disciple that asked to join Him?
"And another of his disciples said unto him, Lord, suffer me first to go and bury my father. But Jesus said unto him, Follow me; and let the dead bury their dead." {Matthew 8: 21-22} 
And again 
"Let the dead bury their dead: but go thou and preach the kingdom of God. And another also said, Lord, I will follow thee; but let me first go bid them farewell, which are at home at my house. And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God." {Luke 9: 60-62}
Was Jesus saying this to be mean? No. He was telling His Disciples the Truth. Not everyone will accept the Truth and Live. Even those we love the most. So, we need to rather focus on those that DO want to hear the Truth, and those that God will lead us to. Tell them the Truth, and what they choose to do with it, is their choice. You are free and clear. You have met your obligation.

Do you know Jesus as your Savior? Have you been adopted into the Family of God? If not, say this Prayer. Right now. Wherever you may be. Say it in your own words, and do not doubt in your heart. God will hear you. He will send the Spirit of Life to you. Let us Pray..

"Oh heavenly Father, Lord God. I am a sinner. I know this. I know there is nothing I can do to change that. But I know you can. I accept Jesus's sacrifice for me. I repent my sins. Please send the Spirit of Adoption into my life. Help me to get to know the real you. Save me. Please. In the name of Jesus, Amen!"

That's it. It really is that simple. Now go tell someone what you have just done. "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." {Romans 10:9} You need to find a Church that God leads you to, and be Baptized the way Jesus said to be. You are now a Child of God. A new Creature. You "have put off the old man with his deeds, and have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him." {Colossians 3:10}

If you want to tell me, or comment, question, give testimonials, or just say "Hi," the Email is opntalk@gmail.com

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen. {2 Corinthians 13}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book of Genesis, Chapter 50

 Chapter 50 1 Then Joseph fell on his father's face and wept over him and kissed him. 2 And Joseph commanded his servants the physicians...