Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Hearing God, Angels

Through Angels

Two angels came to, and Judged Sodom as worthy of total destruction, having not found any faithful but Lot and his Family. At the evening and in the morning these Angels hastened Lot and his Family to escape for their lives, and not to look behind.

Sarah's Servant Hagar was visited by an Angel twice. Angels met Jacob, on the way after Laban, and blessed his daughters. An angel touched Elijah twice and said to him, "Arise and eat." Gabriel touched Daniel and talked with him, teaching him, empowering him.

An Angel appeared to Zacharias to deliver a message that he will have a son, what his name will be John. Angel Gabriel visited the Virgin Mary, and Joseph, about Jesus. The Angel of the Lord came upon Shepherds, to bring them "good tidings of great joy"{Luke 2:10} It was an Angel that told the Marys Jesus has risen. It was an Angel that opened the Prison in Acts. An Angel that visited Paul the night the Ship he was on was about to crash, and Ministered to him, comforted him, and told him not to fear. Of course, it was an Angel that showed John the things he wrote in Revelations.

These are just some examples. The Bible is filled with Visitations by Heavenly Beings, known as Angels. We also get this warning
"Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares."{Hebrews 13:2}
Angels are very real. They are created beings, just like us. Just like us, they were Created by God Himself. In Revelations, John fell to the feet of the Angel. The Angel said this. 
"See thou do it not: for I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren the prophets, and of them which keep the sayings of this book: worship God."{Revelations 22: 9}
As a matter of fact, in Psalms we see a Song of Comfort, for all those that have become a Child of God, through the acceptance of Jesus, have Angels to watch over them.

Psalm 91:
1 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.

2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.

3 Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.

4 He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.

5 Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day;

6 Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.

7 A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.

8 Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.

9 Because thou hast made the Lord, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation;

10 There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.

11 For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.

12 They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.

13 Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet.

14 Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name.

15 He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.

16 With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation.
This was what Satan was using while attempting to Tempt Jesus, when he said this...
 "If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee: and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone. Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God."{Matthew 4: 6-7}
Angels can and do, appear to The Children of God, in three most predominate ways. As they are, Heavenly Creatures. As we are, fellow Man. Invisible, merely a voice. But in all instances, they are coming as mere Messengers of God to His Children, and a vessel of Wrath for the World, and those who fail to Repent their Sin.

There are many reports of "possible" visitation from Angels today. There are even a couple of Videos I have seen where someone will appear from nowhere, rescue or help someone in need, then disappear. The latest I can think of, was the one on the News about a Suffer that was rescued from Drowning. He remembers a man saving him, but when he came to on the Beach, no one was there.

I think I told this story before. I was just Saved. I bought a Car from a Coworker. The Car was what they call a POS?? Or a Lemon. It broke down. "Somehow" I coasted through this busy intersection into a Gas Station on the other side. There I stood, Hood up, looking at the Engine, {Which is about the extent of my Auto Mechanic knowledge} when I felt this presence behind me.

I turned and saw a man standing there looking at my engine too. "Won't start uh?" No, I was just bored, and decided to sit here and look at the engine, you idiot. Of course it won't start you Moron. That was what I was thinking, but what I said was "Nope." Then he asked me a question out of the blue. "So you a Christian?" To my surprise, I didn't hesitate. "Yup." "So I have to help you then. Don't I?"

He walks over to a truck pulling this brand new Shiny Red Sports Car. He unloads it, and puts my broken down piece of, uh, junk, car on the carrier, and asked "Where do you need to go?" Long story short, He got me where I needed to go and drove off. Was he an Angel? A Good Samaritan? I have no idea. What about the guy that rescued the Surfer? I have no idea. Could they have been? I repeat "Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares."{Hebrews 13:2}

Can God send Angels to His Children today? Of course He can. God is the same yesterday, today, and forever more. Just understand that though Angels are more powerful then we, they are still merely Servants of God and are not to be Worshiped.

Also keep in mind this Verse...
"And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him."{Revelation 12: 9}
Keep this in mind as well. Satan, IS an Angel. He was the First Angel. The Son of the Morning. The fairest of all. If Satan was to appear before us today, as he truly is, many would fall at his feet, thinking he was Jesus Himself. So be careful if someone shows up claiming to be an Angel sent from God.

Next time we will be discussing Dreams and Visions. Another way Angels can appear before us. God can speak to us, and we can know all things necessary to carry out God plan and purpose in our lives.

Do you know Jesus as your Savior? Have you been adopted into the Family of God? If not, say this Prayer. Right now. Wherever you may be. Say it in your own words, and do not doubt in your heart. God will hear you. He will send the Spirit of Life to you. Let us Pray..

"Oh heavenly Father, Lord God. I am a sinner. I know this. I know there is nothing I can do to change that. But I know you can. I accept Jesus's sacrifice for me. I repent my sins. Please send the Spirit of Adoption into my life. Help me to get to know the real you. Save me. Please. In the name of Jesus, Amen!"

That's it. It really is that simple. Now go tell someone what you have just done. "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." {Romans 10:9} You need to find a Church that God leads you to, and be Baptized the way Jesus said to be. You are now a Child of God. A new Creature. You "have put off the old man with his deeds, and have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him." {Colossians 3:10}

If you want to tell me, or comment, question, give testimonials, or just say "Hi," the Email is opntalk@gmail.com

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen. {2 Corinthians 13}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book of Genesis, Chapter 50

 Chapter 50 1 Then Joseph fell on his father's face and wept over him and kissed him. 2 And Joseph commanded his servants the physicians...