Sunday, June 16, 2013

The Jews Did NOT Kill Jesus

Neither did the Romans

As a matter of Fact, NO ONE killed Jesus. No one ever could. Did the Jews call for His death? Yup. Did they call for Him to be Crucified? Did they ask for a Murderer named Barabbas to be released in the Christ's place? Yup. Was it the Romans that abused, beat, whipped, and ultimately drove nails through Jesus, hanging Him on the Cross? Yup. Was it the Romans that pierced Jesus's side with a spear? Yup.

Is it important to understand how Jesus died for you, to understand how great the Gift is, that God gave us? Of course. However, to fully understand and appreciate how great the Gift, you have to understand one very important fact. Although all of this is true, NO ONE killed Jesus.

Remember what Jesus told Peter, after Peter drew his sword, attempting to protect Jesus?

Matthew 26:
52 Then said Jesus unto him, Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword.

53 Thinkest thou that I cannot now pray to my Father, and he shall presently give me more than twelve legions of angels?

54 But how then shall the scriptures be fulfilled, that thus it must be?
Think about that for a second. I used this example in prior messages. It would be like you walking out of your home, and an Ant came up and tapped your foot, and said to you, "I'm going to kill you." You could easily, without much effort at all, simply raise your foot slightly, put it back down, crushing the Ant. The Ant, could run a away and bring back thousands more Ants. You would still wipe them out with little to no effort whatsoever.

I know people that declare war on Ants in their yards. They wipe out entire Ant Cities. Pretty much with a wave of their hand. This is how we are physically to God. Little more than Ants. He is Eternal. We are but Vapors. The average lifespan now is what? Something like 75 years? Let's say 100 years. How many Generations have come and gone since just this little old Country called America has existed? How many Generations? How many lives have come and gone since.....

Genesis 1:
1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
And,,,

John 1:
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2 The same was in the beginning with God.

3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
And?
14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
We are but Ants to God. Think about this. Seriously. God so loved us, that He laid down His Godhead, His Holiness, Authority, and Power, and became US. Yet, He was STILL God. Imagine what Jesus must have been thinking. Knowing that at any time, while they were mocking Him, Beating Him, Whipping Him, Hanging Him on a Cross, and driving a Spear through His side, at any time, He could have simply called down a Legion of Angels. With a Word, and wave of the hand, He could have totally wiped us all out. But He didn't. He CHOSE to endure.

Even on the Cross, what did He say? "Forgive them." He forgave a Thief. He forgave those who did this to Him. He forgave all of us for all the Sins we have ever committed. Then He what? He gave up the ghost. HE gave up the ghost. HE said, it is finished. He laid down His Life for us.


Look at....

John 10:
7 Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep.

8 All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them.

9 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.

10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.

12 But he that is an hireling, and not the shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, seeth the wolf coming, and leaveth the sheep, and fleeth: and the wolf catcheth them, and scattereth the sheep.

13 The hireling fleeth, because he is an hireling, and careth not for the sheep.

14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.

15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

17 Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again.

18 No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.

19 There was a division therefore again among the Jews for these sayings.

20 And many of them said, He hath a devil, and is mad; why hear ye him?

21 Others said, These are not the words of him that hath a devil. Can a devil open the eyes of the blind?

22 And it was at Jerusalem the feast of the dedication, and it was winter.

23 And Jesus walked in the temple in Solomon's porch.

24 Then came the Jews round about him, and said unto him, How long dost thou make us to doubt? If thou be the Christ, tell us plainly.

25 Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness of me.

26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.

27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

30 I and my Father are one.
"Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again. No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father." " I and my Father are one." No man could ever take Jesus's life. No man could have ever killed God. Like that Ant trying to kill you. It is simply not possible.

Now picture this. You love the Ants. You love them so much that you do not want a single one of them to die. But, you know that the only way for you to do this, is to become one of them. So you strip naked, you go out to the yard. You sit down near the Ant Pile. Then they come out and start climbing all over you. They start biting you. Remember, you could at anytime get up, stomp them, poison them, set them on fire. Whatever. But you not only chose to sit there, allowing them to bite you all over, you lay down to make it easier for them. You lay their until they kill you.

This is what Jesus did. Knowing the whole time He could have stopped it. Why? Jesus told us Himself.

John 15:
13 Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends.
This is how much He loved us. He allowed it to happen. As a matter of fact, He came FOR it to happen.

John 19:
30 When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.
This is the magnitude of The Gift of Salvation. This is the reality of what Jesus did for us. This is WHY, HE, is the only Way, Truth, and Life. There is no other way. This is why HE is the door. The Savoir of all mankind. Without Him, it is impossible. It is not of yourself, but out of this Love for you, that Jesus sacrificed Himself.

1 John 3:
16 By this we know love, that he laid down his life for us, and we ought to lay down our lives for the brothers.
Ephesians 5:
2 And walk in love, as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us, a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.
As a Child of God, it is your duty to show this love to all. To live as Jesus did. Not judging others. There is but one judge. Not condemning others. There is one that died for all. One that can see the heart of all men. One that has the key to the Gates of Heaven. One that sacrificed more than we ever could. No one killed Him. He laid down His own life. He raised it up again. He is The King of Kings, and the Lord of Lords. He IS Jesus THE Christ. He is God. All you have to do, is accept Him.

Do you know Jesus as your Savior? Have you been adopted into the Family of God? If not, say this Prayer. Right now. Wherever you may be. Say it in your own words, and do not doubt in your heart. God will hear you. He will send the Spirit of Life to you. Let us Pray..

"Oh heavenly Father, Lord God. I am a sinner. I know this. I know there is nothing I can do to change that. But I know you can. I accept Jesus's sacrifice for me. I repent my sins. Please send the Spirit of Adoption into my life. Help me to get to know the real you. Save me. Please. In the name of Jesus, Amen!"

That's it. It really is that simple. Now go tell someone what you have just done. "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." {Romans 10:9} You need to find a Church that God leads you to, and be Baptized the way Jesus said to be. You are now a Child of God. A new Creature. You "have put off the old man with his deeds, and have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him." {Colossians 3:10}

If you want to tell me, or comment, question, give testimonials, or just say "Hi," the Email is opntalk@gmail.com

Until next time, be blessed, be a blessing, and Jesus IS Lord of all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Coming Right Up, Book of Mark

 Let's chat Hey folks, if you have been with us here at TAG, {The Truth According to God} for the past 50 weeks, congratulations, you j...